Crystal Pier Kids Classic -Sat July 28

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by dwaynesda, Jul 24, 2018.

1. dwaynesda

dwaynesda dwayne

Name:
    dwayne
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    This Saturday is the Crystal Pier Kids Classic. Kids 1-15 can participate for the prizes with 3 age groups. Captain Ron has been doing it for 10 years but he retired and moved north to live with his son and he asked our foundation (San Diego Anglers Foundation) to take it over. We haven't changed a thing (why mess with success!). Check in starts about 7:30 am, with fishing starting at 8 am. We will let the kids fish until noon and then hand out the prizes. Free lunch will be provided with the San Diego Rod and Reel Club cooking the hotdogs, Hoboken Pizza on Garnett providing the Pizza and Bubs on Garnett providing the fish tacos. There will be a small raffle to follow.

Beat the heat and bring a rod with your kids to enjoy the morning on the pier. We have a very limited amount of loaner gear if you don't have any but I recommend you bring your own stuff. We will supply the squid.

Thank you to ALL the sponsors who have stepped up with cash (very important) and product for this very fun kids event. It could not happen without your help! Please pass the word so we can fill the pier with joy once again!

2. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    I volunteered last year to cut bait. I brought my family along and we all had a great time.

I don't know if we'll make it this year, but I hope it's successful as it has been in years past.

3. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"

are you looking for volunteers to cut bait this year?

4. dwaynesda

dwaynesda dwayne

Name:
    dwayne
    Boat:
    Cabo 216
    Thanks but I think we are good with the number of volunteers. We have about 20 club members coming down to divide up the chores.