Wasitrytofish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2012
Monrovia ca united states
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
Well, not the seasonal late april opener but none the less, the opener.
Arrived Sat Evening with my wife and two sons. buddy had a spot for us at the Crowley RV park where we typically call home. love that spot. Joseph runs a good ship and always stokes us out.
plan was to stay through Tuesday. ended up staying till Wednesday am. just got home this afternoon.
anyhow, buddy Mitch fished Saturday (pre blow) and absolutely slammed them. All troll fish. 18’ down rogers and lead core at 4-5 colors. doubles all morning. 30 fish morning. nothing under a pound and some as good as 20”.
we slammed them on Sunday. between trolling for 4 hours, we caught and released 50 plus. my two sons hit the point from. shore and released a dozen or so. one being 24”.
Monday, more or the same. Tuesday, am, more of the same.
we did a drive up to Rock Creek lake tuesday evening. natives were slamming the flies behind the bubble bobber game.
caught at least 150 fish over 3 days. total of 8 kept - 6 eaten, 2 home for the smoker. lots of people keeping massive stringers. i still can’t see why but the limit is 5 per person so all good!
go get them boys and girls. DM me for any information or details you may be looking for. happy to assist.

glen

AD5959DF-FD93-493F-A1C8-0605C98707E5.jpeg

074B7907-76E2-4C5D-B137-C932F17AEA86.jpeg

2B4CCEBC-A126-4FDA-957C-3ABA03306843.jpeg

Tom123

Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom Furukawa
Boat
None
Nice browns. Beautiful scenery. What more can you ask for?

Joey805

Administrator
Admin
Dec 12, 2003
Ventura County
Name
Joey
Boat
Too many of them
Awesome! I just booked my September trip. I'll be fishing Crowley for a week. Love the fall up there.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Great job!
I thought all lodging and campgrounds were still closed up there?When my reservations in the loop were cancelled i tried a couple private campgrounds and they said they were not allowed to open yet,looks like its opened up now?

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
Great job!
I thought all lodging and campgrounds were still closed up there?When my reservations in the loop were cancelled i tried a couple private campgrounds and they said they were not allowed to open yet,looks like its opened up now?
So, i can’t give you a straight, definitive answer. here’s what I saw.
it seems that private campgrounds can open. Crawley was open. they are full through June is what I heard. all the national forest campgrounds are still closed at least when we ventured up into Inyo toward Rock Creek and Mesquite Flats. the lakes were made accessible for fishing, by way of day use parking, but all campgrounds were closed.
I ran to the Mammoth hardware store one day and noticed the campground alongside the highway, just befor town, was open.
Convict Lake Campgrojnd was closed, as was their cabins and resteraunt. Only Monday, June 1, were they going to be able to rent boats and such. Convict had the impression that july 1 was their open date.
so, just double check obviously.

Reactions: marlyn

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
So, i can’t give you a straight, definitive answer. here’s what I saw.
it seems that private campgrounds can open. Crawley was open. they are full through June is what I heard. all the national forest campgrounds are still closed at least when we ventured up into Inyo toward Rock Creek and Mesquite Flats. the lakes were made accessible for fishing, by way of day use parking, but all campgrounds were closed.
I ran to the Mammoth hardware store one day and noticed the campground alongside the highway, just befor town, was open.
Convict Lake Campgrojnd was closed, as was their cabins and resteraunt. Only Monday, June 1, were they going to be able to rent boats and such. Convict had the impression that july 1 was their open date.
so, just double check obviously.
Thanks,Silverlake resort told me the same as convict told you although their hoping it changes.

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
Name
Glen Mitchell
Boat
Sea Fox 248 Commander
the ocean is great but there is something special and only attainable, fishing the high sierras. from here to Colorado i just can’t explain it. i’m closer to selling out than ever before. a can of worms and a 6 pack of Bud goes a long ways up there....

Reactions: Tom123