Crotalus Ruber ruber

tangob5

Jan 13, 2008
La Mesa
Name
Tom
Boat
none
While out exploring today I found this little guy wandering around. About a 3 footer just sunning itself.

Red Diamond (Large).jpg

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Beauty!

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
Jan 12, 2010
Kurt's neighborhood
Name
Tony
Boat
Tarpon 140
Did you bag it? I generally kill buzz worms on sight, but with all the new growth out there, the rodents are going to go off, along with everything else. Probably not a bad idea to let a few live this year.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    I will blow their little heads right off,rodents or not.

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
    Mar 13, 2005
    Point Loma
    Name
    Todd Victor Mora
    Boat
    "One must learn to live in harmony with Nature. My brother the rattlesnake hunts as do I, with the eye of the predator. We are of the same spirit."

Something a wise old Indian might say.

"Don't fucking kill them, especially if you stumble across them in their natural environment."
    Something I say to people who kill out of ignorance.

All creatures serve a purpose in an ecosystem, man ain't supposed to understand it all, and never will.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    "One must learn to live in harmony with Nature. My brother the rattlesnake hunts as do I, with the eye of the predator. We are of the same spirit."

Something a wise old Indian might say.

"Don't fucking kill them, especially if you stumble across them in their natural environment."
    Something I say to people who kill out of ignorance.

All creatures serve a purpose in an ecosystem, man ain't supposed to understand it all, and never will.
    Most everyone on this site understands the ecosystem! A WISE INDIAN MIGHT SAY "Kill that fucker and eat it"

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
    Mar 13, 2005
    Point Loma
    Name
    Todd Victor Mora
    Boat
    Most everyone on this site understands the ecosystem! A WISE INDIAN MIGHT SAY "Kill that fucker and eat it" QUOTE]

So you admit you kill out of ignorance?

What a shame.

"Your spirit will not ascend to the hunting grounds of our forefathers."

Another old Indian saying, maybe.

Upvote 0

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
    Mar 7, 2003
    Bahia Asucion BCS
    www.momentoffame.com
    Name
    Stan
    Boat
    Mx Panga, MOJAC
    A rodent won't bite my dog.

Blow the Muthafuckers in half !!!

BTW I'm teaching my dogs to bite Lawyers... Just need to get them shots first!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

FLAASH

Mar 14, 2010
    KLANTEE
    Name
    JESSE
    Boat
    YARD SALE
    Here is a Old Indian saying for you sdfishkiller, this is quoted from dead rattler of the slapahoe tribe, told to me by my grand father which is Ponca. "He who eats Mackeral is a nasty sum bitch". " eat mackeral himto eat crow".

Upvote 0

widgeon

Ex-Hunter and gatherer
    Jan 12, 2010
    Kurt's neighborhood
    Name
    Tony
    Boat
    Tarpon 140
    Here is a Old Indian saying for you sdfishkiller, this is quoted from dead rattler of the slapahoe tribe, told to me by my grand father which is Ponca. "He who eats Mackeral is a nasty sum bitch". " eat mackeral himto eat crow".
    :hali_ruahahaha::rofl::rofl: His "old indian" sayings can bite my 1/? indian ass.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
    Oct 20, 2008
    San Marcos
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Sportboat

Good one :Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::evilimu::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon::Smoke_Emoticon:

Upvote 0

tangob5

Jan 13, 2008
    La Mesa
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    none
    It's still alive and well. It was just out trying to earn a living like the rest of us. No need to kill something that isn't a threat.

Upvote 0

Sluester

I kill stuff
    Jul 22, 2003
    Lakeside
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Killin time, Bill Collector
    All fisherman and hunters are ignorant then?? We don't NEED to kill anything? We can go buy it already dead. :D

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
    Sep 16, 2008
    Yucca Valley, CA USA
    Name
    Scott
    Boat
    Twin Vee "MamaMia"
    I'm kinda surprised rattlesnakes aren't protected. According to FNG, you don't need a license to "take" rattlesnakes. I could not find any other laws or regulations protecting them with a google search.

I used to think they should be left alone until my dog got bit.
    There is rattlesnake venom vaccine that is supposed to work good for dogs. My vet says he has treated several vaccinated dogs that were bitten and they did quite well and didn't even require the expensive antivenom treatment.
    We have been vaccinating all of our dogs for the last 6-years. Our lab/pit mix that was bitten had an allergic reaction to the bite (she was also allergic to bees and wasps). She recovered from the bite after an expensive vet bill. I ultimately think the bite shortened her life by a few years.
    I still don't like the idea of killing them, but I have killed a few. They are a pain, but they do taste good too.

Upvote 0