Reel 007

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Years ago on what seems like another planet I was in my driveway one Sunday morning doing some work on my boat.
The wife walked by on her way to Church and dropped this bit of wisdom "I don't think you can afford that piece of shit and a wife", I replied " by the time you return from church me and my piece of shit will be out of here"
Today I believe that to be the best decision I have made in life.

Sep 16, 2020
Southern Oregon
Name
James S HILL
Boat
Royal Star, Polaris Supreme
Tell the truth and it becomes part of your past, tell a lie and it becomes part of your future.

My biggest fear is dying before my wife and her selling gear for what I told her I paid for it.

FishinMcNuggets

I've edited enough I should section this post.
Oct 25, 2010
Hermosa Beach, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
My techniques are mostly the "rod corner", and messy garage hiding. Reels are usually "oh, a friend gave it to me". Don't let her find receipts or baggies of fresh tackle! Plus, take her and relatives fishing. Makes it "ours", not mine.

New tackle can be "for the kids". Buy used. Is she sees something different, just be like... " oh, that old thing? Yeah, had it in the rod corner or garage for a while."

Last edited:

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
I just tell her everything. Guns tackle etc. I guess I am lucky. I would hate to have to hide and lie

and when she’s reeling in a 50 wide and says that’s a nice reel. I 😆

it helps that the crew refers to it as her boat.

Reactions: lkatdpelicanfly

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
I must be the odd man out... I get questioned when I consider selling something.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I don't hide anything, there's no reason to. "Everything done in the dark comes out in the light".

My knows fishing is my release and I was doing it long before we met got married and had kids. I/we don't owe anyone any money and the boys college was/is covered so why go to all of the trouble of digging my own hole. She knows I won't spend what I don't have and am smart with what I buy. Plus she loves to eat fish, especially wahoo and we all know how expensive they are to catch.........

Reactions: Desperatehills

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
You know the old saying-

I only hope when I die, is that my wife doesn’t sell my fishing gear, for what I told her I paid for it.

Reactions: Desperatehills