Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    Fished the channel at LHC and beached a few carp. This is the biggest so far but way short of my mark. Loads of people and a few catching strippers. Day long boat parade and not one under $50,000. Saw a few gas burners that must have been close to half a mill, people still like to burn gas and go fast,

original_c0b23464-717f-40bb-a2c5-28458b1fa21c_20210117_171326.jpg

sdjfish

Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    Caught this one right before sundown. There were so many you could smell the oil on the surface. A guy fishing chovies got three out of the school as it moved upwind. Pulled the trigger on a new Tritoon today so looking forward to catching something beside Carp in four to six weeks.

Reactions: drifter023

Fish Sniper

Jun 13, 2012
    San Dimas,Ca. USA
    Name
    Marco Rojas
    Boat
    PAJARO
    Fished the channel at LHC and beached a few carp. This is the biggest so far but way short of my mark. Loads of people and a few catching strippers. Day long boat parade and not one under $50,000. Saw a few gas burners that must have been close to half a mill, people still like to burn gas and go fast,

View attachment 1244246
    LHC, where is this place?
    Nice catch!

Reactions: sdjfish

drifter023

Jun 6, 2020
    Apple Valley
    Name
    Michael Solis
    Boat
    20' pontoon and 19' boat
    Ya got my rectangular boat 2018 we like it but dog likes it better.
    Last trout I’ve caught was under the I-40 bridge think maybe late 70’s. Was staying at catfish paradise campground there in Topock miss that place.

sdjfish

Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    The wife is deciding on a dog now so sounds like you are a few years ahead of us. I had to wait for her to retire to spend "our" money. I got here in 74 so that sounds right. I remember getting schooled by a guy fishing near us and watched how he was getting them. Game on after that.

DonnieD

Shit...where's the beer
  • May 27, 2015
    SD
    Name
    Donnie D
    Boat
    FINBOMB
    Fishing carp as a kid in Central NY is where i got "my itch" for the game. Bread balls, eagle claw snelled hooks, 12 pound test, ugly stick FULLLL BENDO...sat on my dock off Oneida Lake up Fish Crick...man the good ol days!!! JUICERS!!

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    Years ago we did a houseboat copper canyon bikini contest weekend at Havasu...
    At night while partying there were giants cruising in and around the houseboats parked ..
    Grabbed a bass rod some bread and proceeded to beach some huge fish shocking all the heavy partyers in our group.
    A couple were 20+ but gotta say that didn't pull hard at all...saw some even bigger ones there over the next couple days ..

sdjfish

Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    Years ago we did a houseboat copper canyon bikini contest weekend at Havasu...
    At night while partying there were giants cruising in and around the houseboats parked ..
    Grabbed a bass rod some bread and proceeded to beach some huge fish shocking all the heavy partyers in our group.
    A couple were 20+ but gotta say that didn't pull hard at all...saw some even bigger ones there over the next couple days ..

I remember those days, when they were launching bare naked ladies from the house/party boats with giant slingshots under the bridge the LEO's started campaigning for combat pay during Spring Breaks. Now is when you want to fish big carp because they pull really hard in the colder water. The one above took about 15 mins on 6 lbs. When their bellies hit the sand you cant stop them from going back into deeper water for a while.

Reactions: fishkilr

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    Fishing carp as a kid in Central NY is where i got "my itch" for the game. Bread balls, eagle claw snelled hooks, 12 pound test, ugly stick FULLLL BENDO...sat on my dock off Oneida Lake up Fish Crick...man the good ol days!!! JUICERS!!

DITTO for Freshwater - I went to Binghamton and fished carp in the Susquahanna River at lot when I got sick of Small Mouth and Walleye fishing and wated to catch something that actaully pulled. Fished the Oswego River a fait bit up by Oneida also. Other than Steelhead season Carp were the only things up that really pulled back. Even Tiger Musky's just thrashed around.

Reactions: sdjfish and DonnieD

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    I remember those days, when they were launching bare naked ladies from the house/party boats with giant slingshots under the bridge the LEO's started campaigning for combat pay during Spring Breaks. Now is when you want to fish big carp because they pull really hard in the colder water. The one above took about 15 mins on 6 lbs. When their bellies hit the sand you cant stop them from going back into deeper water for a while.
    It was unreal....pretty sure they shut things down right after...looking across the canyon you couldnt even see any water it was so packed together
    It got way outta control when the girls started gettin naked and by the time we got to the finals about 50 or so hammered individuals charged the boat....tryin to get on...bottles were flyin several fights broke out and the helicopter showed up but it took awhile for the fuzz to get the quagmire which is not good and why they shut it down for good...someone turned up missing so they brought divers in but found nothing..
    If youve seen the video girls gone wild about 20 minutes of that tape was filmed on our boat that day..
    It was awesome...
    It was videotaped so didnt take many photos but this was taken by me about 2 hours before the mayhem started looking towards the mouth of the canyon...
    To our left was literally solid boats across the whole canyon ...
    20210121_152237.jpg

Reactions: sdjfish

sdjfish

Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    Yea that looks like it for sure. Was there enough room to jump off the rocks without landing on anyone. I used to snorkel the back bay and crowd shad into the corners and catch them for bait. You know there is a copper/turquoise mine about a 1/4 mile away. I still have some small turquoise nuggets from that mine.

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    Yea that looks like it for sure. Was there enough room to jump off the rocks without landing on anyone. I used to snorkel the back bay and crowd shad into the corners and catch them for bait. You know there is a copper/turquoise mine about a 1/4 mile away. I still have some small turquoise nuggets from that mine.
    Ya..beyond drunk people making that climb up that pillar rock and many stripping before jumping...
    I'm shocked there's not more death there...its a serious jump..