Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
So now the guy that lives in the bog has a family? This is turning into quite the fairy tale. I'm pretty sure he's just another vagrant breaking the law.

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Ah they won't come and do anything about this guy. He doesn't have the money to pay a fine. There are much easier marks at the boat ramp....it's never been about saving the resource, it's about the money. Didn't the MLPA fiasco prove this?

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Ah they won't come and do anything about this guy. He doesn't have the money to pay a fine. There are much easier marks at the boat ramp....it's never been about saving the resource, it's about the money. Didn't the MLPA fiasco prove this?
Yep. I used to watch SDPD step OVER transients pissed drunk on the boardwalk with GLASS bottles to bust some preppy kid holding a beer and TOUCHING the sea wall while standing in the sand where it was legal.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Yep. I used to watch SDPD step OVER transients pissed drunk on the boardwalk with GLASS bottles to bust some preppy kid holding a beer and TOUCHING the sea wall while standing in the sand where it was legal.

How much did the ticket cost you?.......

gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Sherm, next time you have a chance, talk to a San Diego City PD officer and ask him who you should call. Before I retired, there were regular patrol officers and also POP officers in my department who knew how to deal with this situation. Some patrol officers know the DFW regs in and out. And some POP officers may be assigned to homeless enforcement/policing. Keeping undersize, fishing without a license, fishing with unattended lines, fishing with too many lines, etc. are all misdemeanors. The bail on misdemeanors can be "stacked" to increase bail and time in jail. If you let some people slide, where do you draw the line?

Jim
it's illegal to fish with too many lines? whats the limit?

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Don't know what the law is on how many lines, hooks, etc but I do know the regs on undersized fish. He kept just about everything except the rays.

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
Maybe he will read this and change his ways :D
Now you know what's in the suitcase.

image.jpg

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Sherm, next time you have a chance, talk to a San Diego City PD officer and ask him who you should call. Before I retired, there were regular patrol officers and also POP officers in my department who knew how to deal with this situation. Some patrol officers know the DFW regs in and out. And some POP officers may be assigned to homeless enforcement/policing. Keeping undersize, fishing without a license, fishing with unattended lines, fishing with too many lines, etc. are all misdemeanors. The bail on misdemeanors can be "stacked" to increase bail and time in jail. If you let some people slide, where do you draw the line?

Jim
Problem is how do you get blood out of a rock? The guy lives in the bushes and has nothing but a suitcase to his name. You write him a citation and he'll never show and you won't know where to find him. He's completely off the grid.

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
vagrant? homeless? hungry....how can that be?we are in a country with a new leader and a state full of representatives that care about the poor must be George my neighbors fault

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
If a homeless guy is fishing for food, and not wasting the fish, i really don't give a crap. JMO. Beats eating out of a trash can, or begging on the streets. Its not like he is taking endangered species. He's taken what most consider trash fish. I say let the poor SOB be.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
If a homeless guy is fishing for food, and not wasting the fish, i really don't give a crap. JMO. Beats eating out of a trash can, or begging on the streets. Its not like he is taking endangered species. He's taken what most consider trash fish. I say let the poor SOB be.
Someone should give him some of that offshore lobster shit from a mola.

fishfearme86

Democrat is a dirty word!
Jun 27, 2012
canyon country, california
Name
Cory
Boat
No boat here
vagrant? homeless? hungry....how can that be?we are in a country with a new leader and a state full of representatives that care about the poor must be George my neighbors fault
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That is just priceless! Whats your neighbor's last name? And oh ya, illegal is illegal! I don't keep short fish because it's ILLEGAL!

polfishski

Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
I wonder what fanfare he would have got for fileting a seal.

Sherm

May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak

I guess we should let rob a bank too. After all he is just trying to get some money to buy food.

Plus......"trash fish" have their place in the ecosystem too. It's all connected. My humble opinion of course.

Sherm

May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
At least the DFW is good at follow up. Just got a call asking for info on this guy. Sounds like they have run into this guy before.

Hugo Bendo

Hugo Bendo
May 23, 2009
San Marcos
Name
Frank
Boat
unknown
Crazy hungry guy breaks fishing regs and you suggest filing a false police report to get him locked up and registered as a sex offender.

Get a grip. What you are suggesting is many times worse than what this poor guy did. You gonna feed his family while he's doing time for false charges?
X4

Gil Marlin

World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator
Nov 27, 2003
Laguna Percebu Baja Norte
Name
Scott
Boat
19.655' Aluminum
Sherm, did you notice what kind of connection he was using stick to line??? Was he using mono to flouro or just straight mono??? :D

Sherm

May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Palomar knot on the stick with a Double Uni knot for the mono/ flouro leader.

polfishski

Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
For all we know he is a small time commercial fisherman with a small time street taco vending business. This is quite unlikely, but given this mans description I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Especially if he is keeping the lizards.

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
how can you tell someone is homeless or an illegal? because sometimes i wear clothes so old i think people assume im homeless and one guy asked me if i was here legally before hahahahahahahah
btw not trying to start an internet war.

Because I'm a horrid racist (if you stereotype someone as homeless is that racism or something entirely different?)

Or one of my best friends growing up became an officer for the DEC in NY and told me as much.... your call either way.