aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Well now I've seen it all.

Yesterday morning I had an early morning TV appearance with some time left between morning meetings. I decided to head down to the bay and toss some plastics from shore since it was a good low tide.

When I arrived at Fiesta Island there was a guy with a bike and a large suitcase along the shore line. He had at least ten lines out in the water. He had no fishing poles at all. He had put out these lines the night before and tied them off to sticks he had shoved in the sand. He was hand lining these rigs and each one had three hooks on them. He kept pulling in a lot of rays and the occasional croaker or spotted bay bass. It was terrible watching this guy rape the resource. He threw away the rays and kept everything else no matter what size.

The guy noticed me watching him from my truck and proceeded to shoot me moons and flip me off a bunch of times. This guy obviously has mental or substance abuse problems (or both) but that doesn't excuse what he was doing.

I called the DFW tip line.........and in a perfect example of scheduling ............the DFW said they would try to get someone out there but also let me know they probably wouldn't get anyone out because "all the wardens were in a meeting in Anaheim". BRILLIANT!!!

I watched this guy for an hour waiting for someone to show up. No one showed and he packed up his gear and illegal fish and left. He was pissed that I was watching him and left with all his gear. Hope he doesn't come back.

So if you are on Fiesta Island and you see a guy with a yellow bike that has pink rims and has a giant suitcase with him......call DFW. Maybe they won't be in a meeting this time.

polfishski

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 5, 2008
Descanso
Name
Tom
Boat
20 SkipJack (Tail Chaser)
Just when you think you have seen it all. Only insane diego.

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
I called the DFW tip line.........and in a perfect example of scheduling ............the DFW said they would try to get someone out there but also let me know they probably wouldn't get anyone out because "all the wardens were in a meeting in Anaheim". BRILLIANT!!!
At the DFW call center in New Deli....

"Did you say a HOMELESS man?"

"I'm sorry sir but in my DFW profiling manual it says to not waste time on your call because studies show the homeless man will not have any $$$ that the DFW could fleece out of him for keeping undersized fish and fishing without a license."

"Are you sure it's a homeless man and not a grandfatherly-looking man and his family fishing from his yacht?"

" And sir....I threw in the part about the Warden meeting because I just saw on TV how your IRS is spending your tax dollars at meetings in Anaheim."

Appalling IRS Star Trek Spoof 2013 HQ - YouTube

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV

Yesterday morning I had an early morning TV appearance with some time left between morning meetings. I decided to head down to the bay and toss some plastics from shore since it was a good low tide.

When I arrived at Fiesta Island there was a guy with a bike and a large suitcase along the shore line. He had at least ten lines out in the water. He had no fishing poles at all. He had put out these lines the night before and tied them off to sticks he had shoved in the sand. He was hand lining these rigs and each one had three hooks on them. He kept pulling in a lot of rays and the occasional croaker or spotted bay bass. It was terrible watching this guy rape the resource. He threw away the rays and kept everything else no matter what size.

The guy noticed me watching him from my truck and proceeded to shoot me moons and flip me off a bunch of times. This guy obviously has mental or substance abuse problems (or both) but that doesn't excuse what he was doing.

I watched this guy for an hour waiting for someone to show up. No one showed and he packed up his gear and illegal fish and left. He was pissed that I was watching him and left with all his gear. Hope he doesn't come back.

So if you are on Fiesta Island and you see a guy with a yellow bike that has pink rims and has a giant suitcase with him......call DFW. Maybe they won't be in a meeting this time.

I am amazed to be honest at how little of that goes on here. In NY ever pier, bridge and inch of water open to the public has homeless and illegal aliens lined up shoulder to shoulder putting short fish in pails.

But at least the DFW is the same as the DEC in NY. You call to give them a tip and they tell you we are spread to thin have a nice day.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
I am amazed to be honest at how little of that goes on here. In NY ever pier, bridge and inch of water open to the public has homeless and illegal aliens lined up shoulder to shoulder putting short fish in pails.

But at least the DFW is the same as the DEC in NY. You call to give them a tip and they tell you we are spread to thin have a nice day.
how can you tell someone is homeless or an illegal? because sometimes i wear clothes so old i think people assume im homeless and one guy asked me if i was here legally before hahahahahahahah
btw not trying to start an internet war.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
is fiesta island mpla or something? (im not from SD)

other than that if he had a license what laws would he be breaking? short bass?

just wondering

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Sherm, was this Tues am? I passed that dude on my trii-bike thinking what the fuck do you need a suitcase for on a bike. :rofl: I saw your truck but I didn't see you. Were u in the shitter? :D

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
how can you tell someone is homeless or an illegal? because sometimes i wear clothes so old i think people assume im homeless and one guy asked me if i was here legally before hahahahahahahah
btw not trying to start an internet war.
This dude "lives" in the brush in mission valley. I've seen him there multiple times. He's homeless for sure. There are a ton of vagrants that live in the bushes along the river.

4bruce

Dec 13, 2011
la
Name
Lee
Boat
goldfish
he was hungry. He also have family and friends under the bridge. He is homeless that why dfg didnt show up.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
This dude "lives" in the brush in mission valley. I've seen him there multiple times. He's homeless for sure. There are a ton of vagrants that live in the bushes along the river.
ahhh. sometimes i think people think i'm homeless because when i fish along the inlets i love to wear the crappiest thing i can find.

fishfish

Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
Wait a minute ! that was me you saw! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

fishcrazy

Apr 25, 2004
meridian,id
Name
ed
Boat
none
Be smart about calling DFG,don't tell them the guy is homeless just tell them some ass is keeping short fish. If you want to cause the guy some grief call your local PD & tell them that a guy is exposing himself to little kids. Point being there are ways to fuck with this clown.

dorado50

May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
Next time they will probably be at the doughnut shop!!!!!!!!:rofl:

smithers

Amateur itamae
Nov 30, 2011
CA/USA
Name
Jesse
Boat
Hobie Revo 11
Be smart about calling DFG,don't tell them the guy is homeless just tell them some ass is keeping short fish. If you want to cause the guy some grief call your local PD & tell them that a guy is exposing himself to little kids. Point being there are ways to fuck with this clown.

Crazy hungry guy breaks fishing regs and you suggest filing a false police report to get him locked up and registered as a sex offender.

Get a grip. What you are suggesting is many times worse than what this poor guy did. You gonna feed his family while he's doing time for false charges?

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"

The guy noticed me watching him from my truck and proceeded to shoot me moons and flip me off a bunch of times.

Did he have a nice ass?

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
Roseville, CA
Name
Jim Fujitani
Boat
21' Seaswirl
Sherm, next time you have a chance, talk to a San Diego City PD officer and ask him who you should call. Before I retired, there were regular patrol officers and also POP officers in my department who knew how to deal with this situation. Some patrol officers know the DFW regs in and out. And some POP officers may be assigned to homeless enforcement/policing. Keeping undersize, fishing without a license, fishing with unattended lines, fishing with too many lines, etc. are all misdemeanors. The bail on misdemeanors can be "stacked" to increase bail and time in jail. If you let some people slide, where do you draw the line?

Jim

dorado50

May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
Bearing "false witness" against another human being is just wrong.Perhaps society would be better off with you locked up?.