Coyote's and Pets

gfakkema

Certified D.I.N.K. (Dual Income No Kids)
Sep 25, 2014
Auburn, Wa
Name
Gregg
Boat
22' Arima Sea Legend
If you are worried about sound etc. I've used these for multiple nuisance animals...

20171020_225625.jpg

They are more quiet than a pellet gun (no powder, only primer) and have some decent stopping power for small game. I've taken out multiple rats, raccoon and a coyote with them. The coyote was a well placed shot at close range though. If you are in the county, there are plenty of sub-sonic rounds out there that do well like the 60 grain SSS...

135961.jpg

Wild Bill

Drinking the Suzuki Kool-aid and liking it!
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
I have experimented with both those as well. The super colibri is meant for pistols only and can get stuck in the longer barrel of a rifle. In a pistol the are actually pretty damn loud and wildly inaccurate for me, although I did kill a rat point blank with one in my garage. You must have stuck the barrel in the coyotes ear hole to kill him with the super colibri, lol. The sniper subsonic will kill like lightening if you can hit anything with them as they do not stabilize in a standard the 1-16 rifling most 22 rifles have. They keyholed through the target in both 22’s I tried them in. They recommend a 1-9 twist barrel for them and only a custom gun would have that twist. As always ymmv.

Reactions: dragonballs

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
I laugh every time a new neighbor moves in with cats,they don't get it even when you tell them.My next-door neighbor has had at least 20 cats and a few small dogs disappear over the years and she doesn't believe coyotes ate them?
I have sheperds and they will even run the big dogs down if they can get them out of the yard in the open,they will run them tearing at the hindquarters until they lose enough blood get tired and drop.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
This thread proves that we can have a positive, knowledge based thread during the winter. We just need to unite in the common, in this case killing Yote's!!!
Now where's the entertainment in that ?

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
how about Putting a Big Hook in a Chicken Breast
then tie it to a 6/0 with 80 LB on it
then put the clicker on and then just
wait for it to go off.
You should substitute wire leader if you want to retain them!

Ducker!

Reactions: FishPimpII

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Wils, nice bait!

Ducker!

carrie's bait boy

2 hulls are better than 1
Apr 17, 2015
Kent WA and Westport WA
Name
norm
Boat
32x12 ACI Cat
2 words a world famous Wdlfbio taught me.
Cross Bow
A lot like cutting the cheese in high school in a car load of your buddies. Silent but deadly! You sit back and enjoy the moment and the others are in massive pain.
What's not to laugh about?

Reactions: Wild Bill and embo

Clockwork

Feb 16, 2011
covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
GW Marlin
Pmc used to make a decent accurate cb 22 round but discontinued it. All the others I tried were just ok. A standard velocity cci 22lr in a barrel 16" or more is suprisingly quiet as they are subsonic but far more devastating and accurate than any cb cap. They will also cycle a semi auto unlike a cb. You could smoke a coyote in your backyard and the nextdoor neighbor inside watching tv wouldn't hear a thing.
CCI makes CB longs. They don't cycle semi auto but you got a straight pull bolt action then. Head shot problem solved. Lots of options and this is just one.

TonyG

Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
A well-placed shot with these. Quiet, effective. But you will have to load them one at a time - will not cycle. Super quiet.

Reactions: roadracerrick

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
A Big Meremma Guardian Dog keeps the Coyotes at bay for my goats. The Donkey Will kill a Coyote or dog but does nothing for the Coons. Had to get my Chief 7 years ago to replace my Jenny (Meremma) that was 10 years old and wanted out of her duties.

Damn Black Lab will chase them but won't keep them away. The Meremma will hunt them if allowed out of the pen.
I met an ole boy last week... great old guy who came to buy some Craigslist stuff I was selling. His best friend in the front seat of his truck was a Meremma.... I had never seen or heard of one, but he told me a few stories of their breeding and heritage. He has a 30 acre farm and his neighbors have thanked him for getting rid of the Yotes around his area... He had 2 Meremma’s and they would take off when they heard the yotes and come back home with blood on them wagging their tail happy about doing their job. Not a scratch on them, so obviously not their blood....

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
Looks a bit like a GSG5? Is it a GSG (22 with fake suppressor) made to look like a suppressed 9?
No its a Sig MPX, made to look like a MPX. Its a real suppressor, that works really well, as it's....... wait for it..... a real suppressor. and yes it is 9mm.

It is however a Pistol, that is made to look like an SBR by using a SigBrace. But I'll keep my $200 and fore-go paying for another Tax Stamp.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
No its a Sig MPX, made to look like a MPX. Its a real suppressor, that works really well, as it's....... wait for it..... a real suppressor. and yes it is 9mm.

It is however a Pistol, that is made to look like an SBR by using a SigBrace. But I'll keep my $200 and fore-go paying for another Tax Stamp.
Sweet stuff!

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"

So how long did it take you to get the suppressor after purchase? One of the guys I work with ordered one last spring. It was delivered to the gun shop but he still wasn't allowed to pick it up several months later. Not sure if he has it yet or not.

Chasin' Tail

~Jumpers!!~ <*)))><
Aug 10, 2008
Lacey WA
Name
Mike
Boat
17' Thor-Built Sled, 27' NorthRiver OS
So how long did it take you to get the suppressor after purchase? One of the guys I work with ordered one last spring. It was delivered to the gun shop but he still wasn't allowed to pick it up several months later. Not sure if he has it yet or not.
Took me about 10 months for this one. I had one NFA Stamp come back in 4 months, but that was like 6 years ago.

Clock starts when the ATF cashes his Check.

I'm hearing the wait time is about 12 months right now for most people who submitted as a Trust. If submitted as an individual, wait times seem to be less and about 6-8 months

finsane

Oct 11, 2005
California
Name
Dennis
Boat
None
CB shells will cycle in a Remington 552 Speedmaster. That's the only rifle I know of that'll do that.