esgeo

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 12, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Name
Eric
Boat
Feelfree Lure 11.5
Never smoked, I fought wildland fires for about 8 years though. Ran a couple road-races/marathons after my fire career, never had problems. I have had lung X-rays about three years ago (thanks Doodles), and showed no signs of anything abnormal or unhealthy. They were focusing on whether my lungs had been damaged due to trauma though....
Just curious, did you work for WA-DNR? I did a couple seasons with the feds out of L’worth in the late 90’s... Hope your health is improving daily.

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
Swanny.
I'm curious about the process if that's the proper term.
After you found out you were positive.
--Are you in contact, daily or what ever with your doctor or healthcare provider?
--Do they just say ride it out or if you get into serious distress call 911 or whatever.
--Has there been any discussion with regarding some of the treatment drugs being talked about. Anti-malaira/Zpac et cetera. MIght be too early in the game for that.
Hope you're on the upswing.

jfhines

Not a Newbie
Mar 22, 2015
Snohomish
Name
John
Boat
23' North River "Kathleen K"
Thank you Swanny for taking the time to share your experience.
I wish you and your family a speedy recovery.

This is serious shit Brothers. Let’s all be good soldiers and do what we are told to help stop the spread of this invisible enemy.

Reactions: pacificscout

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Never smoked, I fought wildland fires for about 8 years though. Ran a couple road-races/marathons after my fire career, never had problems. I have had lung X-rays about three years ago (thanks Doodles), and showed no signs of anything abnormal or unhealthy. They were focusing on whether my lungs had been damaged due to trauma though....
Thanks for the reply . I'm just trying to get a handle on why some get hit so hard and others not so much.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Thanks for the reply . I'm just trying to get a handle on why some get hit so hard and others not so much.
symptoms are all over the board! So many show very little sickness, others much worse... All kinds of skeptics on the dual therapy, yet it seems every person with money gets the test and the dual therapy and seems to pass the symptoms.

Tom Hanks and wife in hospital for 5 days and released for self quarantine. They interviewed the drummer for Bon Jovi yesterday.... he was positive, got dual therapy had Flu like symptoms for three days, his wife showed very little symptoms.... The list goes on.. then there are the opposite extremes that we see.

Then a whole other issue is people hoarding the drugs. Mostly only hoarding chloroquine, but that doesn’t work without the Zpac.... people self treating with chloroquine and dying... then others using that as proof that the dual therapy doesn’t work...

It’s a mess! And all the conspiracies and people that hate Trump so much he could have the cure in his hand and they would discredit it.... Trump did not invent this therapy! The French came up with it.... He just jumped on the positive results of the small study....

Hoping the best for you Swanny! Can you get on a study for the dual therapy? Are you already on it?

The Peddler

Elect the Mother F’er Again!
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
There seems to be a link to blood type. A and B types hit harder, O types much-less severe.

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
The couple on bainbridge island that tested positive. He had a runny nose and chocked it up to allergies, she had a high grade fever and couldn’t breathe. Being allergy season with high pollen counts its scary to think the symptoms could be so similar. Especially with record pollen counts. Hope your feeling better Eric

Reactions: pacificscout

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
The couple on bainbridge island that tested positive. He had a runny nose and chocked it up to allergies, she had a high grade fever and couldn’t breathe. Being allergy season with high pollen counts its scary to think the symptoms could be so similar. Especially with record pollen counts. Hope your feeling better Eric
From what I have read and heard that is an anomaly and it could have been allergies and Covid..... the runny nose may not have been a symptom. From what the experts are broadcasting is that if it feels like a sinus head cold it probably is not Covid 19. The dry cough, shortness of breath, head ache, fever, skip sinuses and go straight to the chest is most common. It doesn’t mean you can’t have Covid 19 and other related allergies or illnesses at the same time.

Last edited:

Deviant

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 8, 2010
WA
Name
Tim
Boat
Bounty 293 "KRAKEN"
These are crazy times for sure!
Hope this passes for you and you get back to normal.
Yesterday I found out my cousin is fighting this also. He said the shits, breathing and fever sucks really bad. Worst thing he said was the separation from his wife and daughter is the worst.

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
I went to Home Depot yesterday in Gig Harbor and was one of two people wearing a respirator. No one else was even wearing a dust mask and they were barely concerned about social distancing. One guy even made a point of coughing loudly when he got near me, then taunted me again in the parking lot. WTF.. They're going to have to lock things down, because people aren't getting the message.

If an infected person coughs or sneezes in a store, room, etc, the virus can stay suspended in the air for 3 to 4 hours. So even if you're not close to someone coughing, you could breathe air that someone tainted up to 4 hours prior. That's why its so important to wear a good fitting mask. And to protect others in case you're infected.
You should of just pepper sprayed his ass. Im the same way...this 6 ft social distancing thing might be ok in some places but any crowded indoor space like a super market, bigbox warehouse, even a bank or post office...im wearing a respirator even if I look like a kook. I may even start wearing a pair of 3m safety goggles I bought like 6 months ago for no reason, after reading this post cause you never know if that person nearby you in line is gonna bionic sneeze a lougie shower past that 6 ft zone into your eye.

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Last update - Good..no fever since Friday...A bit of a recap. Hit like a brick-shithouse on Friday the 13th. Within 30 minutes went from feelin' OK, to I'm screwed. Spiked to ~102 instantly, and huge body/head aches (past injuries especially seemed to be bad) . Over the next couple days, same deal, day four/five bad diaherria, huge headaches. Little cough here and there. About day 7 my lungs started to feel little pains (little spikes), then increased to bigger pains and brief shortness of breath. Still little cough though.

About day 10, I was gaining on the fever, lungs still the same. Day 14, fever broke, been three days without fever. Lungs seem to have cleared up as well. A couple small twinges here and there. They say it can cause scar damage, but I think I'm OK. This thing is HARD to kill, a couple times I thought I had it whooped, and nope.

Family still has fever, no cough, no lung pain, so I'm sure they'll be OK.

I was considered "low risk" when infected. So I was told what all of you hear, quarantine, quarantine, quarantine. No need to keep in touch, unless lungs go to shit. PLEASE, hear that. It kills by suffocating you. Fever is only a by-product of the real symptoms. If you feel like there is a "belt" around your chest, or if you feel like an "anchor" is on your chest, or can't catch a breath, get concerned.

Goodluck all...just please take care, no unnecessary risks.....again, don't want likes, nor ridicule, just trying to help.....Swanny

ClintFinger

Nov 15, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Name
Clint Finger
Boat
26 Duckworth Offshore
Thank you for sharing your experience, glad you're feeling better and your family avoided the worst of it. reading your story really motivated me to take this seriously.

Spokaloo

Oct 30, 2008
Spokane, Wa
www.stagboatworks.com
Name
Eric
Boat
I build my own
image.jpg

Hey assholes. Stay in your house. Watch some movies, respool your reels. Make some butter knife bass jigs. Do whatever it is that you do INSIDE your house.

We have had so many people quarantined due to exposures that all the non-infected quarantines are back in the stations, and we are having to spend the entire shift in masks and distanced. That is, until someone calls 911, then we all go do our thing.

EJ, get better.

The rest of you, do your damn part and stay home. The sooner we stifle the transmission vectors, the sooner we have a reduction in cases, the better. This will reduce the number of people that have to go through the illness before a vaccine is produced. Bear in mind that’s probably coming in the fall AT THE EARLIEST. More likely around first of next year.

I don’t want any ‘thanks for what you do’ bullshit. I get paid to do this. We just need the public to stop screwing around and doing what they feel like rather than taking self isolation seriously.

E

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
View attachment 1127728

Hey assholes. Stay in your house. Watch some movies, respool your reels. Make some butter knife bass jigs. Do whatever it is that you do INSIDE your house.

We have had so many people quarantined due to exposures that all the non-infected quarantines are back in the stations, and we are having to spend the entire shift in masks and distanced. That is, until someone calls 911, then we all go do our thing.

EJ, get better.

The rest of you, do your damn part and stay home. The sooner we stifle the transmission vectors, the sooner we have a reduction in cases, the better. This will reduce the number of people that have to go through the illness before a vaccine is produced. Bear in mind that’s probably coming in the fall AT THE EARLIEST. More likely around first of next year.

I don’t want any ‘thanks for what you do’ bullshit. I get paid to do this. We just need the public to stop screwing around and doing what they feel like rather than taking self isolation seriously.

E
I'm at my essential job 40 hours a week watching person after person taking 0 precautions touching every common area barehanded acting as if all is normal..
Based on what I'm seeing the numbers will no doubt continue to skyrocket..

1biggbass

Aug 4, 2014
Name
Chris
Boat
Triton 186
There seems to be a disconnect. People are going about their lives like business as usual.
From what I can tell until we all actually wake up and stay inside its going to continue to get worse.
I am surprised at all the businesses that still have their doors open. Most are nonessential.

Reactions: Genie Aye

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
There seems to be a disconnect. People are going about their lives like business as usual.
From what I can tell until we all actually wake up and stay inside its going to continue to get worse.
I am surprised at all the businesses that still have their doors open. Most are nonessential.
Find it interesting that the ice cream places have been open..shoreline village has 2 right next to each other..cold stone at the pike is open also..these areas are a ghost town...yet they are essential..

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Find it interesting that the ice cream places have been open..shoreline village has 2 right next to each other..cold stone at the pike is open also..these areas are a ghost town...yet they are essential..
they are not essential they fall under the restaurant umbrella and sell shit to go.... Ice cream is as essential as McDonald’s or a pot shop.....

The Peddler

Elect the Mother F’er Again!
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
I find it hard to believe that walk-up, drive-thru, or take-out is safe enough to prevent cross-contamination. We are abstaining.

My kids have not left our property for 15 days now. My wife and I have kept our trips to essentials only.

We’re getting stir-crazy. Hopefully we lick this thing before the weather gets really good.

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
I find it hard to believe that walk-up, drive-thru, or take-out is safe enough to prevent cross-contamination. We are abstaining.

My kids have not left our property for 15 days now. My wife and I have kept our trips to essentials only.

We’re getting stir-crazy. Hopefully we lick this thing before the weather gets really good.
Actually heard some medical professionals say that if someone has the virus and sneezes or coughs on your food that this particular virus does not transmit if you eat that food...
This shocked me cause I felt the same way you do ..hard to believe ....

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Actually heard some medical professionals say that if someone has the virus and sneezes or coughs on your food that this particular virus does not transmit if you eat that food...
This shocked me cause I felt the same way you do ..hard to believe ....
that is not the issue... ingesting the virus... there are hundreds of patron walking in and out or driving through touching doors, credit card machines, money and more. If they are contagious that can spread... get it... the whole wash your hands, don’t touch your face, limit exposure deal....

It’s not likely that your issue is being concerned that kitchen staff are sneezing on your food.. Sheesh!

Kool-Aid

Mar 18, 2008
WA
Name
Jason
Boat
World Cat 266SF
Glad you are doing better. This stuff is getting to me. Doing the right thing sucks ass.

our dealership service department is considered essential but I made the tough call to lay off 40 employees including myself for two weeks to try to get over the hump. But I’m watching other businesses just going on like normal. Worse some Advertising and trying to lure people out when they should be staying home. I mean is a damn $29.95 oil change reallly worth the risk of exposure?

Reactions: hawksfan75

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Thank you for giving us a first hand account. This helps keep us ahead of the misinformation.
I've never been a germaphobe. I was raise on a farm. I never thought anything about running through cow or pig shit barefooted (what a dumbass kid).
But now I'm holding my breath when I pass people in the store. I know it doesn't help. My wife has compromised health. But my mother in law lives with us also. I love her, but I'm keeping my distance.
This illness has shown me that I'm not the focus in this ordeal. It's the people WE could infect by being selfish.
This will pass.

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
that is not the issue... ingesting the virus... there are hundreds of patron walking in and out or driving through touching doors, credit card machines, money and more. If they are contagious that can spread... get it... the whole wash your hands, don’t touch your face, limit exposure deal....

It’s not likely that your issue is being concerned that kitchen staff are sneezing on your food.. Sheesh!
Your asking me if I get it ?.even though what you are saying Is a highly advanced concept believe it or not I get it ..
I was just surprised that it cant be transmitted that way..sheesh!
I'll try to keep up better with your advanced thinking...get it?

Reactions: G-Spot