Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
If you don't think this is going to have a HUGE impact on the fleet this year then your head is in the sand. I am a younger person (mid 30s) I am in good health and I am not worried about myself catching it, HOWEVER I am worried about having it and transferring it to someone who's older and maybe not in such good health (lots of those type on long range trips). I think they made the right move shutting down for now and if we are LUCKY we will be Fishing again in May. I don't see this being over and being able to fish in 2 weeks but thats completely my .02. Let's all just try and do our part to get this over with as quick as possible. That means not doing ANYTHING for 2 weeks thats around a large amount of people. If we are idiots and keep doing things it will be even longer before we can fish.

Upvote 0

Mike Nall

Sep 1, 2014
Name
Boomer
Boat
Any one that floats.
Right when the BF showed up and haven’t made their way North to the Micro Bait yet .......shucks

I was planning on going Friday.

Upvote 0

wii888lo

Mar 15, 2015
Name
ricky
Boat
ricky
something for all u guys to think about
is the boat carrying 18-30 days extra worth of food on top of ur -dont care how many day trip-
if u needed to be quaratine u will stay out there for 14-21 days
plus now the dam goverement officials will have to step in n find a place and have meeting where to dock u ..example princess cruise in san franiciso ....then u gonna get sent to a military base for another 3 weeks
remember cruise ship do have some sort of hospital on board
respirtory tank n breathing machine
other medication
fishing boat dont have shit but a first aid kit
i know some of u older folks have ridden back with popsicle
do i want to put my spouse ,kids and family thru stress and worry
this is worest case im speaking of
up in nor cal theres a lockdown as we speak
essential needs
sportfishing for pleasure isnt on the list
fishing for foods is
no more than 10 ppl rule
live to fish another day
i will not be fishing till its safe

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
So if you were a boat owner what would you say? What would be the proper response? It’s a bit early to know how this will play out

Reactions: makairaa
Upvote 0

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none
Pretty fucking simple, without fishermen there's no fishing, The sooner everyone starts doing the right thing, the sooner we all can start rebuilding, and most of all, go out fishing and not have to worry about this crap, So Ya the sportboats need to shut down, Fuck they can't/wont even address their fucking bed bug issues. And I'm not even sure why they would want to put the crew and capt. in the possition to get the cv themselves, they gotta know by now If a person steps on board with it, by the time they return everyone has it.

Upvote 0

screamingreel

Long Range Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
Walnut Creek CA
longrangesportfishingsandiego.com
Name
Jeff Burroughs
Boat
Long Range and Private
The San Diego Long Range fishing trips will start up in a few months. Like many of you I have my “non-refundable” deposits on several trips. That being said, there are only a few boats that have posted information about what they are doing to mitigate the COVID-19 virus exposure on their boat.

I’ve read some of the other COVID-19 posts on Bloody Decks. Some of you are concerned, and some of you are not. Whether you are in the 60+ year old group or young and healthy, all of us may be at risk when on board a fleet boat. Something to think about:
  • We are 25-30 people coming together with unknown previous contact information.
  • If just one person on board contracts the virus, we will all be exposed to a health risk, and will be quarantined off shore for at least 14 days just like the cruise industry.
  • We will be several days away from U.S. shores with no access to medical help.
  • There are limited medical supplies to mitigate this virus on board.
What can we do as fisherman? Please contact your Long Range Boat office and ask them what they are doing about the COVID-19? What new cleaning procedures are being put in place? Will there be crew and passenger temperature/other screening when boarding and disembarking? Will the COVID-19 refund or credit policy change like many other companies have done in the U.S.? Or any other concern you may individually have.

Encourage the Long Range Boat Owners to post their COVID-19 policies on their website. Also, please add your Post by Boat with any information you have. Let’s make the 2020 Long Range Fishing season a safe and healthy place for all of us

Hello pweber6, as I stated in the previous thread regarding this topic, I suggest the long range operations handle their business and you handle your business. If you have issues regarding how it is being handled by the boat or a question about a trip deposit, then contact them directly. I have 3 trips scheduled this year so I empathize with our situation.

From my perspective, your messaging comes across demanding and infers the fleet does not care about customers which I assure you is not the case. We understand your fear and apprehension. This is a fluid situation and the latest information will dictate the best course of action for all involved at the appropriate time.

We all need to be patient, calm and understanding during these turbulent times.

- Jeff Burroughs

Upvote 0

Pangamaster

Cow Town Here I come!
Jul 1, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
SD Long Range or Bay Area Day Boats.
From Facebook

Fisherman's Landing
33 mins ·
It is with heavy hearts that we are posting this to inform you that the county is ordering us to shut down operations until March 31st due to Covid-19 situation.
We are sorry that we have to cancel our upcoming trips, but the safety of our passengers, employees and everyone else involved is of the utmost importance to us. We believe this is the right decision to make to protect the community at large, a community that we care deeply about.
In the meantime, our office will remain open to answer your questions and to book future trips. We’re staying up to date with all county updates and will be passing on additional information as we receive it.
Remember this is only temporary and we will all get through this and hopefully get back on the fishing grounds soon! Until then stay safe everyone and we hope to see on the water when the pandemic is over.

Upvote 0

greatbasin

Jun 22, 2007
Idaho
Name
Greg
Boat
Knot Yet
If I'm sick I'll stay home. I'll sign a waiver, whatever, just take me fishing! Life's full of risks, let's go.

Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    Hello pweber6, as I stated in the previous thread regarding this topic, I suggest the long range operations handle their business and you handle your business. If you have issues regarding how it is being handled by the boat or a question about a trip deposit, then contact them directly. I have 3 trips scheduled this year so I empathize with our situation.

From my perspective, your messaging comes across demanding and infers the fleet does not care about customers which I assure you is not the case. We understand your fear and apprehension. This is a fluid situation and the latest information will dictate the best course of action for all involved at the appropriate time.

We all need to be patient, calm and understanding during these turbulent times.

- Jeff Burroughs

Well said Jeff

Upvote 0

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
    san clemente
    Name
    Tom
    Boat
    Sold to the man with $$$
    Well said Jeff
    Very Well said!
    Let's take a deep breath and see what the landscape looks like in the next 30-60 days. I'm sure that all of the premier operators will do whatever is necessary to ensure passenger safety and fairness.

And if the boat you fish on doesn't, maybe you would rethink that as well.
    I trust my skipper with my life every time we embark on a trip. I will continue to trust his excellent judgment with this situation as well.
    Enough said I'm trying to keep my business afloat.

Upvote 0

mmsblee

I Pity The Fool
    Apr 3, 2012
    So Cal
    Name
    marshall
    Boat
    Boatless
    I'm going to take a media break from this subject and spend my time to learn a new knot, wrap a new blank, learn to take apart 2 new reels, maybe build a tackle box, learn to replace rings on some jigs. Life is too short to spend time on what other people should or should not do. Stay safe and I'll see you at the rail soon.

Upvote 0

TanstaaflSD

• Dec 3, 2013
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    Tanstaafl
    Boat
    n/a
    I had my gear set out and had set-up my rods for a full day Coronado Islands outing ... and hopefully some fresh Yellowtail to apply a Fishermansbelly recipe and to stay in shape for the fall LR trip. ... but not now.

I have 2 suggestions for the boats/landings:

(1) Follow SW air and offer rollover credits for cancelled trips (keep the cash with the boat and the boat exchanges a future bunk ) not perfect, but may aid cash flow now and keep a client in the future; and

(2) Offer to sell 'gift certificates' to fisherman redemable for future costs/trips. Perhaps at a discount from face value -- again, current cash and future customers.

Can't wait to get back out ..... I think I will go out in the garage and re-arrange my iron ..... or order that manual line-tension winder online .... or just take my coffee, forget about the Wuhan virus, and think about The Ridge, The Rocks and the Fish.

Reactions: themacs
    Upvote 0

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    John Gleaves
    Boat
    20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
    Just an FYI. The commercial sportfishing fleet is not leaving port for 2 weeks or so. This is an insurance coverage thing - After that, time will tell when trips will resume. Was at commercial basin yesterday and it was VERY quiet.

Travel insurance update: they are still selling it now with all the same except it will not cover corona virus illness. If you purchased you policy the first half of Jan approximately, you are covered for coronavirus illness.

I am buying my plan today. Just have to decide if $275/year plan or $500/ year that has more medivac coverage. So any injury, illness, etc and get my money back for a trip if I am sick or if it gets cancelled, etc

if any one wants, Local SD long range fisherman & insurance sales person = Bob Dawson. 619 - 990 - 3068. Is in the office today. For not local SD, getting insurance can be done electronically without having to leave home.

fYI and looking forward to many trips this season. 4 on the books already and maybe more. This is why I stepped up for insurance. Also because tore leg muscles last Spring and missed a 5 day. Luckly I got my spot filled and the operator rolled my $ to another trip.

Plan is to get my skiff running and fish while I wait

Upvote 0

dctalk523

Dec 28, 2007
    OC
    Name
    ChoeMan
    Boat
    Never
    I have a three day on the vagabond in late August hoping for the best prepared for the worst

Upvote 0

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
    POWAY CA
    Name
    Richard Jones
    Boat
    Bigger is Better Thats what she said
    Ok wipe down all the surfaces great. But what happens when its time to eat? Will we be 6 feet apart? Another Big thing with me is the common A/C system recycled air from one room to another. A boat is like a Petri dish for bacteria. I will wait until this virus is well under control. I understand the position of the boat that they want to keep running. But so do restaurants and bars and all other businesses that want to stay open. But America's safety and financial survival is way more important. Say a prayer for our President. He is working his Ass off. Thank God he is in charge.

Upvote 0

desmonic

Jan 11, 2013
    Sunnyvale
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Hopefully One Day
    Well. With the new Newsom’s order, this thread can be closed. There will be no fishing for a while. It is what it is... Good luck and stay safe everyone.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Is the drug used for Malaria. Oxyhrdro Chloroquin Chloroquine Hydroxychloroquine? A possible cure?

Chloroquin is derived from the bark of an african tree and is also found in Tonic water with Quinine thanks to our English friends combatting Malaria many years ago.

The cure is here. We just need to discover it. There have been way nastier viruses in the world before

Fishing is going to be excellent once this passes imo after the ocean has rested some. Plus some fishers will be healthier after changing thier diet to boost the immune system and eating healthier

Inspiring time to quite smoking dirt sticks.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Ding ding ding. We might have a over the counter drug that helps. This could also really piss off the creators of the virus. IF there is in fact a hidden agenda creator.

download (3).jpeg

Upvote 0