mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
The public has finally reached total panic mode after days of nonstop coronavirus stories on the radio and TV. My local Walmart and Target stores are completely out of bottled water, toilet paper, canned soup and other necessities. People are now buying up all of the rolls of paper towels since they can't get toilet paper. I went by the local Costco this morning and there were 200 or 300 people waiting in line. The story was that they just got in a big shipment of bottled water. I don't get it. Do you really need bottled water. Can't you just drink water out of the kitchen faucet and do you really need 200 rolls of toilet paper to get you through a bout of the flu.

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
As said in another post, they all got monkey butt. I went to the market with the wife today to do our weekly shopping and it looked like WW3 was coming. I looked at the women in front of me at the check out line and her basket was so full with canned goods and frozen food she could hardly push her cart. I couldn't help myself and ask her if she was fucked up? She was so petrified of this China Virus she broke out in tears. What a bunch of morons this society has turned into.

Last edited:

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
I strongly recommend BD creating one thread just like you did when setting up the new BD website format. Delete all new threads in relation to the virus.

When I log in here it would be great to see some normality so we can look forward to the great summer ahead fishing. Delete all posts hijacking fishing threads with virus comments.

Please, one thread!

Last edited:

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Do the math. 325 million people. 130 million age 50-65. Current death rate is close to 3% of cases diagnosed in current areas....ie Italy and China. If half of the U.S. 50 - 65 year old population gets sick. That's 2 million dead. This doesn't include the 1 to 49 year Olds or those over 65 years old. Your mom and dad? Yourself and wife? Other loved ones?

These are the REAL numbers. Think twice before showing any ignorance or stupidity. Don't believe me..... do the math yourself.

All the sports leagues.... canceled. Disneyland closing for a month. No cruises for 60 days. Colleges closing. Churches closing. Stock market S&P, and NASDAQ crashed.... But you say it's a big deal about nothing? Well we'll just have to ask DR. PENCE and Dr. Kushner. Let's not forget our SURGEON GENERAL DR. TRUMP. Contradicting himself 4 or 5 times a day. Yeah...we're on top of it alright.

Let me hit you on the head again. ...do the math. Ignorance will hurt you and your immediate family. Time to suck it up and prepare. Democrats or Republicans.... Covid doesnt discriminate. Do some real research.

The train is coming... don't be deaf.... and get run down.... letting your family suffer. Hows your insurance?... life insurance? Health insurance? Want ALL my BD Brothers to be survive. Be safe out there.

Last edited:

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Aug 27, 2012
    long beach,ca.u.s.a.
    Name
    alby
    Boat
    None
    I strongly recommend BD creating one thread just like you did when setting up the new BD website format. Delete all new threads in relation to the virus.

When I log in here it would be great to see some normality so we can look forward to the great summer ahead fishing. Delete all posts hijacking fishing threads with virus comments.

Please!
    Im sure you all will be glad to hear that I've definitely said everything and more that I wanted to so I'm absolutely done with it..
    Looking forward to just a little bit better weather and for the inshore water to clean up so I can get back to rippin lip..barbless of course..

Reactions: woodfish330

jimm

Jul 31, 2003
    North San Diego County
    Visit site
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    none
    In typical BD fashion, plenty of jackass remarls here. This is a serious disease. It will affect your life for some time to come. Is it the end of the world? Probably not! Take it seriously. Wash our hands and avoid contact with the elderly. Maintain social distancing (6' from other people) and avoid any plane/train/bus travel unless necessary. All large events are already cancelled for the month of March and they will be moving forward. It is wise and just to make these difficult decisions to help prevent the spread of the disease. Other countries did not do this and they are suffering for it. It has the potential to affect the fishing industry. It will hurt our economy. That is happening now. Yes, the media is not being responsible in its message. It could send a consolidated, precious message that refelcts the seriousness of this disease without panicking people. The media wants people to panic. Be vigilant, dont disregard this event, and pay attention to changes as they happen. This is a rapidly evolving situation everyday. Be safe!

afraser

Apr 20, 2008
    sf, ca
    Name
    aaron
    Boat
    NA
    The 2 million number is accurate, but you come into more contact with people at the grocery store than you do on a boat. Just do the numbers. 200 people came before you in the check out line and the cashier touched every item they touched, then touched yours too. That's well more than the 40 or so on a boat.

Reactions: woodfish330

chachi10

Aug 28, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    Chachi
    Boat
    None
    The 2 million number is accurate, but you come into more contact with people at the grocery store than you do on a boat. Just do the numbers. 200 people came before you in the check out line and the cashier touched every item they touched, then touched yours too. That's well more than the 40 or so on a boat.
    Do you share a bunkroom and one, maybe 2 shitters at the grocery store with those 200? How about all pour yourself coffees from the same coffee machine? Sit in a cramped dining room with them? Does the floor rock when you stand in line causing you to accidentally bump the other shoppers constantly?

There may be way more people you can be infected by at a grocery store, but the odds of suzy in isle 7 giving you her corona VS the odds of the guy with red spectra giving you his corona on a 1.5 day trip are night and day. If you isolate yourself on a boat where an idiot brought it aboard, you are catching it.

Last edited:

MYNomad

Heading South
    Dec 12, 2007
    Pacific Northwest / West Coast Mexico
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Yes

Please, one thread!

Or, instead of trying to impose your wishes on those who want to start, contribute to or just read those other threads, you could just use the ignore button. (Frankly, your brain should have a built-in ignore button -- best just to use that.)

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
    Jun 11, 2015
    Dana Point
    Name
    L J
    Boat
    arima - the SLIDER
    Or, instead of trying to impose your wishes on those who want to start, contribute to or just read those other threads, you could just use the ignore button. (Frankly, your brain should have a built-in ignore button -- best just to use that.)

You could/should do the same!

Status
    Not open for further replies.