Costa Rica, shore fishing.

Feb 12, 2021
Ukraine
Name
Borys Borysenko
Boat
Lund explorer sport
Hello, everybody!
I with my friend will go to Costa Rica in May. I hope to have fishing from shore and kayak. Where can we stay for good spinning fishing?
Maybe next to Quepos?

Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
I am sure that Zzzzzz might have the knowledge you seek.

Upvote 0

Lucas Gerow

Apr 30, 2018
Washington
Name
Lucas Gerow
Boat
Center Console Inboard Jet
Also interested to see if anybody has any good info, I will be heading down there in mid-late March. I will be up near Tamarindo but will have a vehicle and plan to move up and down the coast in search of fish.

I have spent a bit of time surf fishing in Mexico (1-2 weeks surf fishing each year) and plan to bring similar gear to what I use there. Hoping to see if anyone knows of any areas that would be good to focus on or if there is any specific gear they have had luck with. I will be running Cabo killers, poppers, Krocs and some plastics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bays90

Mar 17, 2010
Kailua-Kona HI USA
Name
Chris
Boat
46' Viking, Mi Novia, Quepos, Costa Rica
if you want to get out in a panga head out with Roy out of Quepos he ha sit dialed in +506 8505 5819, he hold most of the world records for snook and they have some killer roosterfish action, in my 6 years in Costa Rica I have not heard much from shore fishing, be careful there are crocs around the river mouths in sever spots

Upvote 0