Well-Known "Member"
Jun 23, 2011
San Pedro
www.marinabaywatch.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Therapist
Cory, you have to be one of the most respected and admired people here on Bloody Decks. It is absolutely awesome to see the love you bring to this great community and the love and support given back to you. We are all rooting for you and know you are going to come back stronger than ever before.

You have no choice. The big bluefin are waiting for you.

Btw... don’t disappoint!
We are all expecting one of your great food reports in the hospital.

God bless and see you out there soon!

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Cory

Are you at Kaiser? My office is 1/4 mile East. If I can bring you anything or drop by and check in...just let me know
No Anaheim Regional Hospital at Euclid and La Palma on La Palma.

Tuna Vic

Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Keeping a good thought for you Cory,keep that positive attitude,looking forward to your recovery post,totally confident you’ll be fine,take care Brother!

Reactions: Tunaslam

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Cory, get well soon.

P.S. Have your doctors told you what caused your condition?

Have they told you that you must make any dietary or lifestyle changes?

I am hoping to avoid heart surgery!

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Cory, get well soon.

P.S. Have your doctors told you what caused your condition?

Have they told you that you must make any dietary or lifestyle changes?

I am hoping to avoid heart surgery!
Yep old age, otherwise I am healthy and no clogged arteries. I simply aged out the valve performance.

Reactions: mrkrabs

Cheeseburger Killer

Beloved Son
Mar 27, 2018
So Very Cal
Name
Kent
Boat
Selling It...
Cory- I’ve followed you for a while now, starting with your killer vids nailing stripers at Diamond Valley. My heartfelt prayers to our Heavenly Father are with you for a safe surgery and rapid recovery. Silver lining for the rest of us: there will be more fish to catch until your return to the water, LOL. Blessings and peace to you & family...

seadancer

Jul 2, 2007
Westminster, CA
Name
Craig Gilbert
Boat
none
I’ll plan on visiting you, as soon as permitted for non-family. After you’re recovered we’ll do some fishing at your favorite local island SCI and elsewhere. There is plenty of good fishing upcoming once you’re cleared to go out.

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
I have had such incredible support from the fishing community, there is no way I can ever thank you all enough for such kind thoughts and especially your prayers and well wishes.

I go to the hospital tomorrow for pre opt. and then will arrive at Anaheim Regional Hospital at 7am Monday 05-20-19 in preparation for surgery at 9am. My options were reduced to open heart surgery, doing to the fact that I have a 2 valve problem, the Aortic valve has to be replaced, while the Mitral valve has to be either repaired or replaced. Tavr is not an option, nor would my insurance authorize it. Fortunately I am very low risk, very healthy otherwise, and less than 1% risk of problems rising from this surgery.

Thanks again everyone and thank you Bloody Decks for allowing my participation on this forum despite not providing a fish report?

I pray the most that I will return healthy and able to go fishing sometime in the near future. And continue to share my adventures with all on this forum.
Best wishes to you and a speedy recovery, Cory.

Scott