Correct guide sizing for black, current gen pinhead ulua 93

BajaSlayer

Dec 24, 2017
San Diego California
Name
Kenji
Boat
Nininin
Hey, hope everyone is doing well, I'm new to the custom rod scene and I'd figured there'd be someone in BD that could point me torwards the correct guide sizing for a black blank Pinhead Ulua 93, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: 8 Week Wonder

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
I do mine [email protected] and the rest #8’s. I think there’s a benefit to choking the line down quickly. That’s just me though. Something to be said for using a #25 if using a tall reel
I build some rods for some shark guys up here that use a 93h for 60lb mono to braid. For those I use #10’s for running guides because they have that fat knot going through them.
Just what I like, I’m sure others may differ

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
Somewhere on the web Fuji has some slow motion video of line coming off a reel going thru guides. Pretty interesting to see what it looks like. I just finished an F100 and I used a tall frame #16 for a stripper down to #6’s for running guides. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet but it looks good on paper

BajaSlayer

Dec 24, 2017
San Diego California
Name
Kenji
Boat
Nininin
Somewhere on the web Fuji has some slow motion video of line coming off a reel going thru guides. Pretty interesting to see what it looks like. I just finished an F100 and I used a tall frame #16 for a stripper down to #6’s for running guides. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet but it looks good on paper
I'm gonna mount a Torium 16hga to it, or a saltiga 35, you think I should go for a 20# stripper, or a 25# (i'll be using fuji K guides)? thanks in advance! sorry if I overload you with questions, I just want to know what I'm doing before I buy a set of guides