1. boxerman

boxerman F/V The Gina Marie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    F/V The Gina Marie SEA FOX Commander 226
    This is my first season with my own boat and I want to fish the Coronados. I have a few questions for the guys who fish down there often.

1. What Exact Mexican Permits will I need to be 100% legal to fish the Islands, I am aware I need a current Valid Passport.

2. Can I purchase the required permits in the U.S., and where?

3. How much grief does the Mexican Navy give private boaters? I understand this is a subjective question but I never have anything illegal on my boat and I have 100% of the required safety equipment and documentation needed to fish in U.S. waters and I also speak fluent Spanish.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help!

2. NGSD1

NGSD1 Dreamer

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    35 Cabo Express
    Use the search feature, it works really well...

3. SRS

SRS Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    CC
    Plenty of info on previous threads if you do a quick search but the short answer is have your passport, mex fishing license, passenger manifest, and pay your $23 Visa per entry. You generate the manifest yourself and purchase the Visa online. Print your Visa payment receipt. If you have these docs in order if/when the Mex Navy arrives they are very friendly.

strackle99 likes this.
  4. Ratshirt

Ratshirt Member

Name:
    Ratshirt
    Boat:
    none
    Also make sure to get insurance for the boat that is VALID in Mexico.

5. cprman

cprman Band geek

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28 ft bertram twin
    I just went through all of this mess and went to the real source. Pay a visit to island drive DonaJenkins maritime documentation services, they are located in point loma on rosecrans by shelter island. Here is the real skinny.. First,you pay to get your vessel documented for Mexico . if you do it online yourself, its a pain in the ass. I finally just let them do it correctly and paid the fee, over 100 bucks. The document is good for ten years. Next, mexican fishing license for sure, not having that alone can get Your shit towed to ensenada. The previous guy was also right about your insurance, makesure it covers mexico. Current registration, passport or passcard. I do believe thats it. Also, no weapons.. that includes flareguns, some authorities deem this as a weapon.if youre not sure about something, call Dona JENKINS office and ask them. Good luck, c ya at the sand bass spawn!

Socal Spartan likes this.
  6. boxerman

boxerman F/V The Gina Marie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    F/V The Gina Marie SEA FOX Commander 226
    Thank you everyone, I will probably just go the Island Drive and get it dialed in by a pro! See you on the water!!

Ratshirt likes this.
  7. calicokid97

calicokid97 YT on the iron

Name:
    Kenny Sansone
    Boat:
    1978 24' Sea Ray cuddy
    You need insurance that covers it in Mexico?
    Some kind of joke if the navy messes up your boat or that for real?

8. MYNomad

MYNomad Heading South

Name:
    Rick
    Boat:
    Yes
    With Mexico you never know, but from what I can tell the flare gun thing is an urban myth. And if it weren't, I don't think you could buy flare guns in Mexican marine supply stores.

Carl likes this.