longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Left at 6 this morning and made my way slowly to the islands after picking up an awsome half scoop. Fog was very bad this morning and took awhile to clear up.

Started at the light house and put 2 yellows on the boat in the first 20 minutes on the rapalas. I stayed in that area untill about noon picking away at the yellows and big Bonito to round out my limit all on rapalas. The calicos also bit very well on the Lee side of south island on the plastics. The water color was better then last week but still not great.

On my way back I stopped by the middle grounds and got into a wide open surface iron bite. The area was loaded with fish and the water was actually pretty clean. I dumped all my bait and the yellows came up and stuck around for awhile. I was able to stick 5 on the iron(released) before the sea lions shut it down. They were brutal at south island so be prepared.

Water temp was 65 to 68 and off colored but looks to be improving. Good luck and stay safe.
20200507_183808.jpg
20200507_183656.jpg
20200507_184036.jpg

Last edited:

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
Reactions: Hardcor

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
Last time you reported no love on the yt when we were out there hammering them, we have all been there before, but i knew the next trip you would score and you definitely took care of business today. Yeah they are loving the rapalas. Well done. I surfed today but i guess i should have fished. Last week i lost yt and rapalas to the darn gangster seals. I am wanting to go out next week on the color temp break....

Last edited:

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Way to go Cody, sounds like a fun day. Any problems with the Mexicans? I heard the Islands were closed to fishing... didn't hear it from the Mexicans just a rumor so I was curious. Good job as usual, maybe I'll see ya on the water next week, and thanks for the report.

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
Way to go Cody, sounds like a fun day. Any problems with the Mexicans? I heard the Islands were closed to fishing... didn't hear it from the Mexicans just a rumor so I was curious. Good job as usual, maybe I'll see ya on the water next week, and thanks for the report.
Thanks George no I didn't have any problems and never saw the mex navy. Yea let me know if you head out next week.

Reactions: gonzo25 and Hardcor

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
Last time you reported no love on the yt when we were out there hammering them, we have all been there before, but i knew the next trip you would score and you definitely took care of business today. Yeah they are loving the rapalas. Well done. I surfed today but i guess i should have fished. Last week i lost yt and rapalas to the darn gangster seals. I am wanting to go out next week on the color temp break....
Yea I'm gonna try and do the same if weather is decent.
Great job! Next week let’s go offshore buddy boating!!
I'm in let me know what day your thinking!

Reactions: Cbaldwin