sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Quick solo trip to the Coronado Islands this morning! Checked out North Island first had some good marks but no fish for me. Went down to middle island and no fish. Continue down to South Island. Lots of great meter marks from the north to the south tip! Got a single yellowtail on the blue small Rapala just passed the lighthouse! Finally got the skunk off the boat around 12 o’clock! Trolled two more Blue and green Rapalas to the shelf next to the island and got a double hook up! Trying to reel in two fish at one time is tricky! AnyWho got one in and lost the other! Stop by my honey hole to get some fish tacos for dinner! Beautiful seas 30 kn to and from point Loma! Go get them boys! See you on the water!
Doug

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
BS without pictures....LOL

Reactions: sueno

Woodeneye

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Nice! Same problem with pics and never heard those words either unfortunately.

Low N Slow

Senior Chief
Sep 4, 2016
Temecula
Name
Shawn
Boat
Sold - so I make a great ho now
Yes, thank you. I was down there the 30th and marked a bunch north of the south island, but no biters. Got 2 bonies to bite and quickly lost both to the dogs... got my jigs back, though. A big calico and a big mackerel is all I managed to land. Lost a big whitefish by the boat. Came unhooked. Empty bag...

Eatmorfish

Livin' on borrowed time
Sep 16, 2015
Upland, CA
Name
John
Boat
2018 234 Mako CC
Nice.

princefredo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 23, 2010
Lakewood, Ca
Name
alfredo
Boat
Hobie Mirage "Master Baiter"
I have been watching the SD full day boat reports and either they haven’t been going out or their reports aren’t that great for the yellows. Anyone know if it’s either of those?

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
How would you say the fish looked? Were there good numbers and they just didn’t really want to play or was it hard to find schools. I’m planning to drive down there next week. I was told it got really slow after that last storm.
That last storm was a doozy! It definitely took it’s toll at the islands! The water is slowly getting back to normal! It’s still a little slow there but improving every day! Not too much pressure with the jumbo bluefin tuna offshore close by! I would give it a few weeks and it should be on course for the Fourth of July WFO bite! Always good Rockfish around!
See you on the water! Doug

Reactions: princefredo