longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
After 5 weeks off the water it felt awsome to be back. I got to shelter just after 7 this morning and waited on the street parking for the harbor patrol to allow us in. Around 745 we were allowed in and were limited to 5 people launching at once. It was heavily patrolled and ids were being checked just fyi.

I grabbed a decent half scoop of bait and was at north island by 845. Seas were calm and water as bad of a red tide as I've ever seen.
20200501_175806.jpg

Looked around most of the day for yellows but came up empty handed. There were a few caught but not by me. Water temps ranged from 64 to 68 and and color was terrible most everywhere but there was a few areas were it was ok. Finished the day at my ling hole and picked up a couple rockfish as well.
20200501_162557.jpg

Back on the ramp around 3 and waited for my turn to pull the boat out as they were only allowing 4 vehicles to be on the ramp at once in the afternoon. Good luck if you go this weekend and stay safe!

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Yeah, that a boy Cody! Same Ling area you caught that beast last year? How'd the bait do with that shitty water quality? Thanks for the informative report as always. Thinking of heading to the Islands Friday.

Reactions: longboard85

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
Hey was out there today late at 12ish. Took a while for us to find them. South part of north island but on weather side. Saw you guys when we got out and heard you talking, kind of bouncy on weather side. Went to middle grounds for nada then came back got a flurry where h2o streaked clean on rapalas and 1 on bait. A seal took one of my bigger ones, guys coming in from offshore saw the seal eating and playing with it. They went all the way to San Salvador Knoll for not a whole lot. Our bite time was 230 to 430. Then couldnt get them to go. No love on yoyo iron. My buddy who has commercial license been hammering them for 2 weeks straight. Glad we got out on the big pond finally. You will hammer them next time. Shoot would love a lingcod on bait or iron...Everyone was in good spirits out there.

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
Hey was out there today late at 12ish. Took a while for us to find them. South part of north island but on weather side. Saw you guys when we got out and heard you talking, kind of bouncy on weather side. Went to middle grounds for nada then came back got a flurry where h2o streaked clean on rapalas and 1 on bait. A seal took one of my bigger ones, guys coming in from offshore saw the seal eating and playing with it. They went all the way to San Salvador Knoll for not a whole lot. Our bite time was 230 to 430. Then couldnt get them to go. No love on yoyo iron. My buddy who has commercial license been hammering them for 2 weeks straight. Glad we got out on the big pond finally. You will hammer them next time. Shoot would love a lingcod on bait or iron...Everyone was in good spirits out there.
Nice job yea I talked to another guy at the ramp when I got back that got them real good. It was great to be out that's for sure!

Reactions: Cbaldwin

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
Reactions: Microbait

Latest posts