aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
There are lots of YT there. Meter was lit on the middle ground at 180 feet. Outside the south island 200 Feet. Thought my FF was on demo, Dropped everything for nothing. Didn't waste time and killed reds instead.

Used the electric reel to descend small fish. Kept track of the count not to go over limits. When the fishing is good it's hard not to kill. If you want a better grade, send the smaller units back down, make another drift. Skip the squid and you will get a better grade of fish. Ed's jigs, scampis, flat falls and colt snipers. There's no need to catch two at a time.

I know electric reel are illegal in Mexico, but I'm confident I can speak enough Spanish to explain what is going on.

The reds were stuffed with sponges, pelagic tunicates. They want to eat the silver jigs more than the red or white.

Saludos y suerte.

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Nice post brother! Aren't we lucky.... we can drive by a possible "opportunity" (YT).. to go get your "preferred " species. Electric reel for "decendant" fish... I like that. Challenging the "Comandante" with bad Spanish..... gonna get you a ticket for sure...lol. Be safe.
The electric reel, it may backfire and I don't recommend to all. It it fails, I will for sure detail the event.

Earlier this year I forgot the device and we tried to send fish down the old fashion way and it was not too good.

I have found most Mexican military personnel to be educated and reasonable, hence my confidence to use the electric reel.

Reactions: woodfish330

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Gringos releasing rockfish with an Electric Reel
I can hear the response now:

Piensa que nosotros somos stupidos?

Just kidding hope it works out..............

And by the way they don't need to go all the way back down as we have released them @ 60-90' with no problems

Reactions: aguachico

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Gringos releasing rockfish with an Electric Reel
I can hear the response now:

Piensa que nosotros somos stupidos?

Just kidding hope it works out..............

And by the way they don't need to go all the way back down as we have released them @ 60-90' with no problems

Yeah, funny chit. Thanks for the info. that will help.

The only thing I got going for my testimony is the hook is upside down :D

Latest posts