CORONA VIRUS and our Beloved SPORTS of FISHING: What Can We Do to Help Prevent or Minimize the Exposure yet Continue to Go Out and Enjoy Fishing??🤔

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat
sold! / cattle boat
Seems like the discussion is over.
And people are resorting to name calling because that's how things go here.
After 473 responses. I think this one has run its course.
But there again, it's the same handful of guys.

Yup Mike, gets old....
That's why I dont bother even coming on here anymore...

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
I most surely CAN wait to go fishing.
For sure not until April 30 as Federal Social Distancing Guidelines is Officially Extended.

Definitely the State of California will Follow April 30 & Extend the Stay at Home Order.

Damn, I thought we can go Fishing by Easter but better Safe than Sorry.

Kudos MR. PRESIDENT You Did the Right Thing Again!👍🏼🇺🇸

Upvote 0

maxpowers

Jul 25, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
someday a 23' Striper
First the war on terror now the war on pandemics.. picking apart our Bill of rights piece by piece. the permanent world government wants us broke and unarmed. Total control.
Never waste a good crisis. To be sure from here on out we’ll never be able to associate normally again

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    holy shit I miss my teeths!!!

1586707475227.png

Reactions: saltydentist
    Upvote 0

Tautog_17

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 23, 2012
    San Diego, CA USA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    N/A
    Know what fellas? SOMETHING is gonna kill you. All you can do is manage that risk.......

for me, (according to my doctor), it seems like it might be mercury poisoning. FYI, they don't have a clue how elevated mercury levels in middle aged adults affects your health. (according to my middle aged, and obviously Asian, Doctor)

I'm an old fuck compared to most of you. (61) I'm blessed with a pretty strong immune system.....so I am not really concerned about getting this latest virus. Those with compromised immune systems SHOULD be worried........about this, and the common cold............and every damn flu virus out there.

MOST PEOPLE will live thru this! Take a deep breath, assess your risk, and act accordingly! If you need more advice, I strongly suggest a PM to Saluki.
    If your mercury level is high, also check your creatinine level - its always report with a standard blood work test. It's reported because it is an indicator of kidney capacity. Mercury is nephrotoxic, so it can damage kidneys. My kidney health is that of a man in his late 60s/70s. I had elevated mercury from eating 3-4 lbs of BFT for two years. Are the two related? We'll never know for sure. But, if guys are eating more than 1 lb of tuna or so per week and doing that all year long, it can accumulate. The last thing in the world I'd want for myself is to be on dialysis because I ate too much BFT/YFT. People...if you're eating a lot of tuna, watch your creatinine and eGFR levels with your doctor. I'm eating more dorado this year.

Reactions: nefarious235

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
    Oct 1, 2009
    Green Valley, Az
    Name
    Lou Salatich
    Boat
    none
    Just like what a poster said here....CoronaVirus is the “BABY BOOMER REMOVER” ... so just suck it up?
    If you remove all of us baby boomers that fish the San Diego Long Range fleet will go broke. We are the one spending the big bucks on the multi day trips. Unfortunately younger people don't have the money to spend like the boomer generation. You can blame a fucked up taxation system that corporations get away with not paying their fair share of taxes and having a dependent child credit that is totally inadequate. If you look at the supply backlog the US currently has it has become obvious that corporate out sourcing is destroying the working class of this country. I am going to stop here as I could write a book.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    If you remove all of us baby boomers that fish the San Diego Long Range fleet will go broke. We are the one spending the big bucks on the multi day trips. Unfortunately younger people don't have the money to spend like the boomer generation. You can blame a fucked up taxation system that corporations get away with not paying their fair share of taxes and not having a dependent child credit that is totally inadequate. If you look at the supply backlog the US currently has it has become obvious that corporate out sourcing is destroying the working class of this country. I am going to stop here as I could write a book.
    is this what you here from CNN ,asking for A friend.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 11, 2003
    Name
    Boat
    Well it happened. Someone I know just passed away from straight Covid. My X girlfriends dad got vaccinated 3 weeks ago. He caught Covid about 10 days ago and got very ill, very fast. Imo he already had Covid before he got vaccinated. I can get all the details. He was given one of the last ventilators in a region and he was gone in 3 days. Tragic he has 9 children. The family is well over 100s strong and mostly live in a family community.

A decent percentage of younger generations. Just won't have the money to go LR fishing. In the future. High risk folks please stay home and let the younger generations handle this

Bad situation all around

Upvote 0

Sandydog

Almost A Member
    Mar 18, 2017
    Dana Point, CA
    Name
    John Kim
    Boat
    n/a
    If you remove all of us baby boomers that fish the San Diego Long Range fleet will go broke. We are the one spending the big bucks on the multi day trips. Unfortunately younger people don't have the money to spend like the boomer generation. You can blame a fucked up taxation system that corporations get away with not paying their fair share of taxes and having a dependent child credit that is totally inadequate.

1. Do you believe in "No taxation without representation?"
    2. Do you believe corporations should be taxed?
    3. Do you believe corporations should have representation in government.

Corporations can't pay taxes. They are paper constructs - they don't exist in reality. They can't do anything on their own.

All a corporation is is an agreement between multiple people to work together. It's the employees and owners/stockholders who generate all of a corporation's productivity, and the customers who provide all of its income. So any taxes you charge against a corporation, by necessity has to be paid for by these people. If you increase taxes on corporations, all it results in is smaller dividends for the stockholders, lower wages for the employees, and/or higher prices for the customers. They have to pay for the "corporate tax", not "the corporation."

You can argue some of these people should be paying higher taxes (the increase to the capital gains tax is long overdue). But raising corporate taxes accomplishes nothing, except discourage people from agreeing to work together. You'd generate the exact same taxes taxing individual income as you would taxing corporations.

e.g. Say all taxes were paid for by corporations, and there is no income tax. You charge a 50% tax on corporate profit, 0% tax on individual income. The corporation makes $100 in profit. It pays $50 tax to Uncle Sam. The remaining $50 is distributed to the owner/shareholders. The owner receives $50, and pays no income tax on it since there is no individual income tax. End result is the corporation is left with $0 of the profit, Uncle Sam gets $50, and the owner gets $50.

Now say all taxes are paid for by individuals, and there is no corporate tax. You charge a 50% tax on individual income, 0% tax on corporate profit. The corporation makes $100 profit. The owner receives all $100. The owner pays $50 in taxes to Uncle Sam. End result is the corporation is left with $0 of the profit, Uncle Sam gets $50, and the owner gets to keep $50. Exactly the same as with a corporate tax.

It's a liberal fantasy that taxing corporations somehow relieves individuals of a tax burden. Since corporations are paper entities and generate no productivity on their own, they cannot pay taxes. All they can do is pass along any taxes you charge them - it's the owners, employees, and customers are who end up paying your corporate tax.

Worse yet, because you assessed the tax against the corporation rather than specific individuals, the people in control of that corporation (owners and management) get to decide who pays that tax. They usually choose to just lower wages (except for themselves and upper management) and increase prices, meaning your corporate tax ends up paid for by the lowest income segments of the population, not the highest.

An individual income tax targeted at specific income brackets is a much more effective means of "fair" taxation (I assume you mean progressive taxation - higher incomes pay a larger percentage), requires a lot less logistics to collect, and cannot be dodged by shifting money between offshore accounts (because individuals cannot simultaneously exist in multiple countries, like corporations can).

If you look at the supply backlog the US currently has it has become obvious that corporate out sourcing is destroying the working class of this country. I am going to stop here as I could write a book.
    I take it you believe higher income people should pay a larger share of economic costs to increase economic opportunity for lower income people? That's what outsourcing does.

Most workers in the U.S. fall within the global top 10%. An individual American at the poverty line ($12.8k) actually sits in the top 12% of the world. A family of 4 in poverty in the U.S. ($26.5k) is in the top 4% for the world household income.

Outsourcing is simply the economy's way of naturally spreading around some of that wealth, from the world's rich to the world's poor. You don't see it that way because you choose to ignore the poor in the rest of the world. While simultaneously (and hypocritically) arguing that we shouldn't ignore the poor in this county. You can't have it both ways. Either the poor (anywhere in the world, not just in this country) deserve to be cared for and we should outsource some of our jobs to them. Or the poor are not worthy of consideration and we shouldn't outsource.

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0

KXKH

Feb 28, 2018
    NorCal
    Name
    Boat
    19' Hobie
    If you remove all of us baby boomers that fish the San Diego Long Range fleet will go broke. We are the one spending the big bucks on the multi day trips. Unfortunately younger people don't have the money to spend like the boomer generation. You can blame a fucked up taxation system that corporations get away with not paying their fair share of taxes and having a dependent child credit that is totally inadequate. If you look at the supply backlog the US currently has it has become obvious that corporate out sourcing is destroying the working class of this country. I am going to stop here as I could write a book.
    I honestly doubt they will go broke. What makes you think the young folks don't got money? It's hard for them the young folks to hop on a LR trip because the ones that has been going on it for a while gets priority. And on top of that, it gets booked up before they have a chance to even book a spot. Hell, I had to book my spot a year and a half in advance for this year. The moment the schedule is posted, it gets booked up within 2 weeks.

I don't know what happened but...I thought you left BD for good? Asking for a friend.

Upvote 0

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    he is like a cat...he has only used up 2 of his "gone for good"...7 to go

• Haha
    Reactions: KXKH