No ones prostaff
Apr 17, 2015
Kent WA and Westport WA
Name
norm
Boat
Too many
BD2A8C6B-5E9C-4AA6-9168-2CA0B9443B01.jpeg

In case you are thinking of coming by to steal our supplies:)

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
In case your interested:
I’ve been watching the US stats for Coronavirus and they are pretty consistent.

If you have the virus the symptom are mild for 84 % of the people, 16% will have more serious symptoms and they have a 99% chance of surviving. (Well,98.7%)

they never give us this info so I took it upon myself to do the simple math.

chances are it’s better than that as I’m guessing people with really mild symptoms never go to be tested. Well, except millennials, I’m sure if they have a sniffle they are at the hospital 10 min later, ha ha:). J/K :)

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
In case your interested:

If you have the virus the symptom are mild for 84 % of the people, 16% will have more serious symptoms and they have a 99% chance of surviving. (Well,98.7%)

chances are it’s better than that as I’m guessing people with really mild symptoms never go to be tested. Well, except millennials, I’m sure if they have a sniffle they are at the hospital 10 min later, ha ha:). J/K :)
Buuuuutttt. It’s only that good of survival rate if we “flatten the curve” enough that we have ventilators for the folks that need them. Once the ventilator supply is used up survival rates go down quite a bit. (See Italy)
So keep calm, stay safe, try not to spread or get any germs, and enjoy this sunshine at a safe distance from others!

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
Buuuuutttt. It’s only that good of survival rate if we “flatten the curve” enough that we have ventilators for the folks that need them. Once the ventilator supply is used up survival rates go down quite a bit. (See Italy)
So keep calm, stay safe, try not to spread or get any germs, and enjoy this sunshine at a safe distance from others!
Oh believe me, I am, I’m a 67 Year old diabetic on heart meds. ha ha!

Reactions: FishPimpII
Upvote 0

rickstah

Ocean ho.
Nov 24, 2013
Bremerton
Name
Rick
Boat
19' Maxum for the Sound / Ocean boat-ho
In case your interested:

The only problem is that we still haven't reached a level of adequate testing, nor quick processing times of those tests. NY leapfrogged us as they did a large number of tests in 1 day (I heard 8,000). Whereas people here are still being turned away due to lack of tests.

Upvote 0

TonyG

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
Does anyone know if the Canadian border crossing closures will include fishing in BC waters if you're not setting foot on land?
Depends - send me the cords of exactly where and I will let you know.

Upvote 0

HueyFC

May 20, 2015
Seattle
Name
Brian
Boat
Arima Sea Legend
I was just going to do some day trips from San Juan Island over to around D'Arcy Island. 48.56 -127.28

Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
Nov 2, 2017
Covington, wa
Name
Ryan
Boat
The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
I’ll give you a little insight on “testing”. My dads friend and customer does business in China frequently. He was there during the outbreak and flew back home before the borders were shut down. He was very sick. As he came from China recently he had to be “screened”. He got “screened”. That “screening” consisted of a phone call where they ask a series of questions. He passed. My dad got sick. Super sick. Sickest of his life he says. Got “screened”. The “screening” consisted of the same phone call. Passed. Come on.

We were in Vietnam, s. Korea, Thailand during the early parts of the outbreak. We walked through some kind of temperature sensing camera in customs. Same one that they had during the West Nile virus. We’ve all been sick since getting back. At that time it was purported not to be contagious.

I think the numbers are worthless at this point. Testing is extremely lacking therefore many more must have it. But that suggests a much lower death rate.

Upvote 0

Nosecrets

Blackmouthers good side
Jul 6, 2012
North of seattle
Name
Blackmouther
Boat
9' bullfrog "mr big"
There are plenty of nay sayers which is unfortunate. The kids that chose to go spring break in florida, alabama and new orleans should be fed to the sharks. The useless bag of puss that was interviewed is a spokesperson for the younger generation in the zero fucks given department and i hope his dad seen it so the ass whipping he gets will be good. Its really unfortunate that some choose to only think of their own health, the life care center in kirkland should be proof enough that it is real. Think of it this way, having “1” infected person hanging out inside big salmon all day coughing on shit during the halibut opener. Many of us are young but some are not. We may catch it and have mild symptoms but we leave and go home, stop for fuel maybe swains, board a ferry and grab a beer, after handing the clerk a card to pay. Then head home to our families. Simply do the math if your lucky enough to be a mere carrier and how many different interactions and interface you have with others who get to spread it beyond

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
So what should we do with all the young healthy people who as you said are pretty much unaffected by the virus? Lock them up or just feed them to the sharks? Schools are shut down, Restaurants, Bars, Barbers, Salons, and many small business’s have been shut and are struggling to survive. IMO it would make more sense to do more things to protect the elderly and unhealthily; rather than having large draconian measures that affect all of society. Right now the seasonal flu kills more annually in the US.

Reactions: Captain Decent
Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    So what should we do with all the young healthy people who as you said are pretty much unaffected by the virus? Lock them up or just feed them to the sharks? Schools are shut down, Restaurants, Bars, Barbers, Salons, and many small business’s have been shut and are struggling to survive. IMO it would make more sense to do more things to protect the elderly and unhealthily; rather than having large draconian measures that affect all of society. Right now the seasonal flu kills more annually in the US.

We have over 3000 deaths globally per day due to automobile accidents, maybe we should all stop driving too.... Such a huge risk! And here we are being insensitive animals teaching the next generation to be murderers just like us!!

1500 per day cigarette related deaths in the US alone, nearly half a million people per her year.... Then there is alcohol.... another 90,000 per year....

If they really factored in the true numbers of people who have had Corona and naturally went through the illness to properly predict the mortality rate it would not make near the headlines....

Italy has had some very bad experience, but their culture, medicine, and size is not comparable to the US......

In the end who knows..... the experts don’t even agree, so we can beat on our keyboards and people will say people like me aren’t taking it serious enough..... likewise, I will think they are acting like chicken little running around like the sky is falling....

Most all medical training and resources are for disasters and trauma.... When they have people laying all around with various injuries to triage and treat. It is difficult to train or prepare for a virus or disease, because the symptoms are so different.... what if the next one doesn’t need ventilators?

Last edited:
    Reactions: no excuses
    Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    Yeah, and more people die driving in cars than BASE jumping, so BASE jumping is safer?

Covid-19 has killed less people than the flu because such a small population has caught COVID. C’mon man, the “more people die from the flu” talking point was retired a while back.

It’s a good time to work together to stop this thing.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Yeah, and more people die driving in cars than BASE jumping, so BASE jumping is safer?

Covid-19 has killed less people than the flu because such a small population has caught COVID. C’mon man, the “more people die from the flu” talking point was retired a while back.

It’s a good time to work together to stop this thing.

yeah... talking about percentages not being a manipulative knucklehead.... how many people actually base jump? How many people actually drive or ride in cars? Talking about odds....

You do not know any better than anyone else, but if it makes you feel better to use stupid statistics about base jumpers to prove your point.... No one sees through that....

Last edited:
    Reactions: koopa
    Upvote 0

Fish_on!

• Feb 17, 2015
    Oly
    Name
    Ben
    Boat
    18' Super Vee
    yeah... talking about percentages not being a manipulative knucklehead.... how many people actually base jump? How many people actually drive? Talking about odds....

You do not know any better than anyone else, but if it makes you feel better to use stupid statistics about base jumpers to prove your point.... No one sees through that....

G Spot, MD.... who would have thought you were an expert on infectious diseases too. When is the last time the flu killed 50 people in a single nursing home or a car drove into a nursing home and killed 50 people. BTW, why are you complaining about someone using statistics to prove a point when that has been the basis of your argument. Flu this, cars that, blah blah blah. Like I tell my toddler, sometimes it’s just better to say nothing at all. Just thinking out loud.

Upvote 0

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    As of Saturday morning 3-21-2020:
    There are 19,775 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US.
    ** There are 276 deaths blamed on the coronavirus.
    ** The current mortality rate from confirmed cases is 1.3%
    ** There are no official numbers that include the number of citizens who had the virus but were not sick enough to seek medical attention.
    ** There are an estimated 22,000 flu deaths and 36 million cases in the US each year.

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
    Jul 27, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Name
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat
    255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
    yeah... talking about percentages not being a manipulative knucklehead.... how many people actually base jump? How many people actually drive or ride in cars? Talking about odds....

It’s exactly what you did.. No one thinks BASE jumping is safer than driving. He was mocking you and pointing out what an idiot you were being for citing the “flu” stat as evidence that the flu was worse than Covid-19.
    you get that right?
    You’re not wrong to be a skeptic. It takes many viewpoints to come to a best guess and this situation is a mess.
    but you are way past wrong citing the “flu” as evidence that this isn’t gonna be bad.

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    G Spot, MD.... who would have thought you were an expert on infectious diseases too. When is the last time the flu killed 50 people in a single nursing home or a car drove into a nursing home and killed 50 people. BTW, why are you complaining about someone using statistics to prove a point when that has been the basis of your argument. Flu this, cars that, blah blah blah. Like I tell my toddler, sometimes it’s just better to say nothing at all. Just thinking out loud.

I didn’t say he couldn’t use statistics, but that’s a nice manipulation.... And you’re an MD? You are any more qualified than I? Or just so arrogant you think you know better....

I said we should use some sort of statistic that is actually realistic.... as I said in case you have trouble reading English language.... How many people actually BASE jump versus how many people actually drive or ride and a car? Duh....

Upvote 0