Corona marine sucks

Jun 5, 2006
Irvine, CA
Name
Clyde
Boat
252 GW Sailfish “Rosie”
i usually do all my own work but I was busy at the time so I had corona marine put a gimbal bearing, u-joints , and bellows in my boat. A year later here I am with a destroyed drive. The bellows never sealed because the transom shield is no good. There is no way the bellows ever sealed which is why the u-joints failed at 3900rpm and exploded the drive. If they would have told me the transom shield was bad I would have replaced it at that time. My guess is they broke it during gimbal bearing replacement or while prying off the old bellows. Just towed the boat there and they told me to pound sand. Guess I'm pulling the engine and complete drive.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 0

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardian
there is a fair amount of sterndrives currently on craigslist right now. Not sure it saves a significant amount of $$. transom assemblies and complete drives for both mercruiser and volvo.

Upvote 0

zarco

i got crabs on my dinghy!
Dec 6, 2005
LAKESIDE
Name
jason
Boat
26` blackman billfisher,19.5' buccaneer center console.( from New Zealand)
Just another reason I do my own shit..

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
My first thought was small claims court but that's way too hard to prove.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
Look on Offshore & performance boats forums lots of spare parts there. Or contact Kiwi Dave in Dzna Ooint he might have used parts & he's the man on stern drives.

Upvote 0

Latest posts