PENN

phingst

Sep 7, 2009
San Diego Ca
Name
Code seven
Boat
Trophy 19ft
Heading out to the Coronado Islands or the Rockpile Friday. Weather might be too windy for Rockpile but looking ok for C-Islands. Anyone heading out.

FRI...WIND VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS.
MIXED SWELL W 3 TO 4 FT AND S 3 FT.
.FRI NIGHT...WIND VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS.
MIXED SWELL W 3 TO 4 FT AND S 3 FT.
.SAT...WIND VARIABLE LESS THAN 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS.
MIXED SWELL W 2 TO 3 FT AND S 3 FT.

Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Be careful Travis,suppose to be a fog bank out there.

Upvote 0

DONNIE SD

Class on Wednesday
Jan 19, 2009
Santee,CA
Name
Allen
Going South Sat, will post report.. Its supposed to be 71deg, and flat.... i am sure we will be the only boat at the islands sat..... ok maybe a couple of others!

Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
Be careful Travis,suppose to be a fog bank out there.

yea I saw that..but it changed..may be cancelled...again!

Thu
Wind variable less than 10 kt...becoming SW 10 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Swell W 3 to 6 ft at 15 seconds.
Thu Night
Wind SW 10 kt in the evening...becoming variable less than 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 3 to 5 ft and S 3 ft.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

spooledagain

Does it taste as good as it looks
Jan 30, 2009
san diego, c.a.
Name
mark
Boat
Konagold
Hey travis- So we went on monday at 5am. Nice ride out, offshore wind. Did get a short bite but that was it. A few sculpies and that was it. Question for you- Have you ever heard the phrase-( winds from the east fish bite the least)? a fishing buddy told me that and has seemed true for the bay or at least a diminished bite occurs. Not sure if thats true for the islands but when the sculpies are slow and its a 15mph. offshore it makes me wonder. Well good luck guys the kona Gold is going to the shop for service- no fishing for me for atleast a few weeks- Washing machine weather side of pukey!! M.C. out.

Upvote 0

G Ride

Almost A Member
Sep 6, 2007
Clairemont
Name
Garrett
Boat
2320 Pilothouse
I'll be out, but I think I'm sticking around La Jolla. Just paid those April property taxes and really shouldn't burn the fuel to the islands. Good luck to you. If you decided to try La Jolla I'll be monitoring 72, hail "Garrett"

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Hey travis- So we went on monday at 5am. Nice ride out, offshore wind. Did get a short bite but that was it. A few sculpies and that was it. Question for you- Have you ever heard the phrase-( winds from the east fish bite the least)? a fishing buddy told me that and has seemed true for the bay or at least a diminished bite occurs. Not sure if thats true for the islands but when the sculpies are slow and its a 15mph. offshore it makes me wonder. Well good luck guys the kona Gold is going to the shop for service- no fishing for me for atleast a few weeks- Washing machine weather side of pukey!! M.C. out.

I think they have that saying for every direction of wind. I've heard the sportboat captains say down there when the wind's out of the south they yellows shut there mouth. Some of the best days I've had at the islands have been on offshore days.

Upvote 0

Rippin Lips

Almost A Member
Jun 5, 2005
north county
Name
Al
Boat
Skipjack 20 FB (Damn Skippy)
yea I saw that..but it changed..may be cancelled...again!

Thu
Wind variable less than 10 kt...becoming SW 10 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Swell W 3 to 6 ft at 15 seconds.
Thu Night
Wind SW 10 kt in the evening...becoming variable less than 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 3 to 5 ft and S 3 ft.

Where are you finding this info?

Upvote 0

spooledagain

Does it taste as good as it looks
Jan 30, 2009
san diego, c.a.
Name
mark
Boat
Konagold
I think they have that saying for every direction of wind. I've heard the sportboat captains say down there when the wind's out of the south they yellows shut there mouth. Some of the best days I've had at the islands have been on offshore days.

Cool- well i guess that means on monday i just sucked!! well all three of us really, but who cares it still was nice finding a place to park. I hope that all who venture that way this week do well.

Upvote 0

Lucky B

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Feb 4, 2008
    San Diego
    luckybsportfishing.com
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    Yellowfin 36’ / Viking 61’ FB
    It was slow Monday, I was out working the Islands and only saw/heard one
    Yellow from a private. We scratched at the Lings, Reds, and Sculpin and assorted rockfish but it was prty slow. We saw you out there, we were in a 27 ft cat.

Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
    Sep 26, 2008
    Long Beach
    www.skipjackmafia.com
    Name
    Travis
    Boat
    NO BOATS
    We are headed out, just the 2 of us tomorrow in the AM. Im hoping that the weather over the last couple days turned the bite back on. Starting at pukey and possibly going all the way to the rockpile if necessary.

mark if you wanna get out let me know. Mine is running saaaaweeeet!

Upvote 0