mercado

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Fished with friends Bill L.,Pete and La Cruz local Paul Adams.6:30am Friday morning aboard Maya Sportfishing and headed out to Corbetena made bait very easy and started trolling had three knock downs that did not stick and continued on put the baits out again and wham port side rod goes off and I see a dorado jumping out of the water two minutes into fight line breaks WTF! Check line and it had been frayed by something. Cast another bait out and instant hook up another nice Dorado fight for ten min. and get him to gaff. Looked at the mouth and it’s the same Dorado I hooked earlier with swivel, leader and hook still in its mouth. We put the baits back out and caught a small Yellowfin. Tons a life around us put the big baits out and hook up again this time a monster black Marlin estimated at 600 to 650 lbs fish sticks his head out of the water and looks at us and basically says:finger: one pissed off fish. He puts on a great show for us. Peter works on this fish for about a hour gaining ten yards of line then losing fifty, back in forth tug a war the big black marlin had enough jumped 4 times out of the water and broke the 100 lbs mono line with a 300lbs leader. Wow what a powerful fish! Day 2 Started off at corbetena lots of life and lots of boats made baits started trolling for about 2 hours with no luck so decided to go to El Banco. Get to El Banco make bait start trolling water temp was 92.4 bath water (temp at Corbetena was 88.9) well we had no luck on the troll and started fishing the high spot for pargo ended up with one small pargo and a nice Rainbow runner. Headed back to corbetena tuna jumping slid up on them put out bait and nothing. Started throwing poppers at them and get hooked up to 65 to 70 pounders. I have never caught tuna on a spinning reel I would highly recommend it. I would like to say thank you to Maya Sport fishing and Captain Beto Ramos and crew for a great trip and their willingness to go the extra mile!!!!! As for Puerto Vallarta all I can say is Wow Great food cold beer and people who treat you like family. I can't wait to get back.
Mercado

Attachments

scoop

100 Ton Captain
May 24, 2006
San Diego
Name
Copper
Boat
Mako 184cc
Hey JJ. You should have told me you were going down there. I got a place in Sayulita and a 18' skiff there. Sounds like you had a great trip!! Give me a call and lets fish local.

pauladams

Retired since 2008
Jul 25, 2010
LA CRUZ NAYARIT MEX
Name
PAUL ADAMS
Boat
SS MINNOW / 17 CC LOGIC 50 HONDA
JJ it was nice fishing with you guys on sat. an sun. had a great time on the water . My thanks goes out to Maya sports fishing an Peter an Beto what a nice operation they have in La Cruz Marina ( one of the bigger rainbow runner Ive have seen in a long time ) good job my friend , hope to see you guys back down hear soon

mercado

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 26, 2006
Chula Vista
Name
John Mercado
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Hey JJ. You should have told me you were going down there. I got a place in Sayulita and a 18' skiff there. Sounds like you had a great trip!! Give me a call and lets fish local.

Hey whats up Copper we are going back to P.V. October 6th I would like to check out your place in Sayuilta.We should get together this weekend and go after some of the local tuna. Yor boat or mine i will call you. Here's a pic of the marlin we lost.

Attachments