PENN

timkx500

Jul 8, 2009
San Diego
Name
Tim
Boat
1851dc seaswirl
Left out of shelter and hit the islands by 730. Good Bait small deans stayed pretty lively most of the day. Not much going on out there today as far as yellow tail but managed a few nice Calicos, one around 10 lbs the other over 5. Both released! I just hate killing those big calicos so I do a quick phot op. and then set them free.
Would be great if more people would pratice this. Most fish were caught in around 80 feet of water.
Til next time, tight lines!

Attachments

• Tims Cali 2.JPG
    Tims Cali 2.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Tims Cali.JPG
    Tims Cali.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Nice 5#er......

Upvote 0

insman

Big Boys Club
    Jul 14, 2009
    Corona/Ca
    Name
    Kevin Peck
    Boat
    09' 2605 Striper IA W/A Carol Anne
    I admire you and any other anglers with those values..What has happened in Mexico with the long lines..keep what you can eat and let the rest go free.
    My hats off to you!

Upvote 0

bigsnookied

Almost A Member
    Aug 5, 2009
    Oside
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    22' Striper (Jeri Rigged)
    My son Joey and I went down there Sunday and caught one 13" Calico on the south end of the south isalnd. Decided to keep it for two excellent panko crusted fish sandwiches (one for for me and one for Joey). My arm is sore from all the Yo-Yoing with no luck. Was nice to be on the water though. Can't wait for the summer.

Upvote 0

emailj6

Apr 20, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    On layaway!
    Nice Calico's! We headed out there on Sun as well.. No yellows, but my buddy picked up some rockfish and a sheephead! Good time no doubt.

emailj6-albums-random-picture9983-20mar10-sheephead.jpg

Upvote 0