Constitution Sportfishing Need advice

Discussion in 'Mainland Mexico Fishing Reports and Discussion' started by Dudley613, Dec 16, 2016.

1. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    .....and it won't get shut down unless it turns into a circus. LOTS of good OBJECTIVE information here.........regardless of whether or not it benefits or hurts someones bottom line......it's what this website is about.

I'll admit, I'm a Maximus fan. (have yet to ride the Constitution) I have been down there at least 10 times.......4 in one season! Always had a great time.....not cheap, but the crew worked hard and Keith always found the fish. And we were never "nickle and dimed".

I started out riding with the "Fred and Erika" charters.....and when Johnny J started chartering, I jumped on with him. I would think that charters, especially regular charters, might get a few "perks" over and above the open trips, but not stuff like is being reported here. I'll certainly be having a discussion about it. (not that I can do anything about it, but I can ask)

while it pains me to think that Keith has changed his operational "model" with his new boat.....especially this drastically, I'll just have to see how things really are when we go in February and make future plans accordingly. Oh yes, a full report will be posted. :)

nmthree, madrugador, terryc. and 14 others like this.
  2. skipjackrobert

skipjackrobert I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
    I get it totally and understand what is being said here so I have not missed the point. As for why this thread might still be open? Anytime a boat or operation is being viewed negatively or spoke of in that fashion, the mods shut it down. Just being honest :).. that said I think competition is a good thing and that's what makes all the boats better in that given market..
    it bro

3. skipjackrobert

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    I'm guessing the success is a smaller boat?

Johnny J likes this.
  4. skipjackrobert

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    Well stated..better than I did...:)

5. m&mvise

m&mvise Newbie

Name:
    Mike Vise
    Boat:
    none
    It's 60 foot, I think it was comparable to the Maximus, not positive. He fishes 12 to 15 guys when in S.D. depending on length of trip. 12 bunks for guests but a couple of them get turned into freezer storage for P.V. Also a crew of 5 guys for P.V. 2 captains, 2 deck hands, and a cook.

skipjackrobert likes this.
  6. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    I think this has been a great thread. Lots of info put out, and much that can be very helpful to others who at some point might wish to plan a similar trip. I don't hang out with Ron (Hustler), but I have known him for quite awhile now, and from what I do know about him, he is always very upfront and straight to the point about his experiences, not to mention the guy has been around the fishing scene for quite awhile. He's pretty damn funny sometimes too LOL

The unknown fisherman:p:

Johnny J, MikeyLikesIt and karlk1125 like this.
  7. DC61

DC61 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Paul L.
    Boat:
    33’ Blackfin
    Information is powerful. The Internet is a powerful tool for the customer. I have never fished with Keith, but I have "Heard" some things that were consistent with what is being said here. If these things are true, the owner has a chance to set the record straight. As long as this is NOT done, we assume the stories to be true.

IF the stories about being charged $25 for a kite rotation and absurd prices for hooks and leaders are true, this needs to made public. This practice will either stop or be made more visible on the website. To not list it is improper.

It is impractical to expect each individual angler to ask random questions such as will I be charged for a kite rotation etc. I have been long range fishing for quite a long time and I would NEVER even think to ask that question.

To set the record straight, I have been charged for kite leaders that were provided by the boat. The cost was never more than a few dollars and I did not have an issue with it.

In regards to selling fish, I am not OK with it. At least not on the surface. If anglers are allowed (or encouraged) to release fish and they chose to give them to the boat, that's their choice. To cut fishing time short so the crew can unload fish in the middle of the night is not right.

Personally I believe that where there is smoke there is fire. People do not like to be taken advantage of. 8 pages of responses dictates that people are passionate about the issue.

As I said in an earlier post, I have never fished with Keith. I have though fished with Jody in the Apollo. I can tell you that he and his crew were extremely professional and there was absolutely no funny business.

If I choose to go again, I would fish with Jody on the Apollo. The energy in this post reinforces my decision.

vegasandre, Cubeye, Bubba and 2 others like this.
  8. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    I Fished with Keith, Last year Out Of S D on a 2 Day Trip
    and He was as Nice and Helpful as you Could Be
    and he Was Funny as Hell , He Fished the Kite all Day
    and He Would hook and Hand off to the Guys
    that had trouble Getting Bit on Bait
    and even Came Back into Get fresh Bait for our
    2nd Day, and did not charge us Extra for anything

skipjackrobert likes this.
  9. Steve K

Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Taking a look at comparative stats on Sportfishingreport, Success is 60x17, 15 bunks; Apollo 65x22, 30 bunks; Constitution 80x20, 32 bunks. Don't think any of the three has more than one shower, two heads.

I was trying to envision a 5 day trip that was being touted here for October on the Constitution with a load of 25 anglers. How that might work out at the end of a day's fishing with 25 bloody, sweaty guys...

10. karlk1125

karlk1125 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Karl Kobler
    Boat:
    Looking for a World Cat 320 EC
    Well...this thread made me happy we booked with the Osuna's for our 2.5 day. Danny Gomez also got a nice 35ft boat that could be taken to the upper zone as well.

get some, Whalebreath and ifish42na like this.
  11. DC61

DC61 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Paul L.
    Boat:
    33’ Blackfin
    IF, and that's a big if, he did what he was alleged to have done in the previous threads in San Diego, he would have been outted in a New York second.
    It's a different game in Puerto Vallarta.
    So, just because it didn't happen in SD, doesn't mean it didn't happen in PV.

Hustler likes this.
  12. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    Jesus
    Jose C is not a POS,,,,, He's a Worthless POS.

13. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    I'm just saying how he treated Me on My Trip........................................

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  14. JohnnieB

JohnnieB SelFishAddiction

Name:
    JB
    Boat:
    Unknown limits
    After 8 pages you might think there would be a justification or explanation , I know if it was my business there certainly would be . This kinda thing will leave lasting impression if not addressed. "The bad a man does lives long after them; the good is oft interred with thier bones" (W.S.)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  15. Chris Penning

Chris Penning Member

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Total Ho
    For what it's worth, I was seriously considering a trip on the Connie this winter. Now, I'm seriously reconsidering. It would be nice to hear from the operator on the matter.

16. Dudley613

Dudley613 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    :deadhorse
    I just wanted gear advice :hali_parkutuli:....sorry I asked

17. potuna

potuna Unknown member

Name:
    Pete
    Boat:
    Royal Star, Excel, Royal Polaris, Red Rooster, Shogun and somebody else's.
    I know two guys that have fished with Keith, one is still pissed off and the other thinks it's a great operation. One aw shit wipes out ten atta boys.

hagridfish, cap_lr and Juanba like this.
  18. Hustler

Hustler He's On Again!?!

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    23' Maritime Patriot
    That's actually pretty funny at this point :)

karlk1125 and MikeyLikesIt like this.
  19. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy

LOL LOL LOL

You never know what a thread is going to turn into, especially during the winter time. At least know one has threatened to beat the shit of each other or sue BD.

(so far)

20. skipjackrobert

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    :) that made me laugh..