Pauma Valley
Name
Joe
Boat
80 Aqua Bay
Hi Guys
Now I know how White House leaks get started......they are all
strategically planned where this one wasn't
Darryl has been with us since December of last year and he is indeed buying the Constitution.
I will remain as captain and hold a small interest in the boat for a while.
I had other opportunities to sell it but I did not like the direction it would have been taken. I am confident that Darryl will continue the emphasis on customer service and making sure that people will be happy with the boat regardless of the fishing or weather. There are many boats at all 5 landings that feel the same way. They also run a great operation.
Same crew...Same policies...Same jokes out of the wheelhouse.
The last 8 years in Monterrey and San Diego have been fun.
From 1970 when I was a deckhand for Manny Silva on the Mascot at H and M until 2004 I dreamed of getting my 100 ton Captains Lisc. I never knew it would involve the Constitution. The boat was the 3rd item on my "bucket list" and I intend on doing some of the others...if not all of them.
I constantly remind my crew that we are getting paid to do what other people are paying to do......I have been truly blessed! It seems like every trip there is someone who confides that they wish that they could retire and do this job. The truth is if you really want to you can do it. Einstein said "if a man can think it he can do it"
Thanks to everyone who had a part of one of the greatest experiences of my life. I might even start fishing again!
Joe

bigdaddyjon

Sep 13, 2007
ontario , calif
www.devinehandyman.com
Name
john
Boat
none , what ever i can get on !
damn you joe ! i hope he keeps it close to what you have going now .
always have had a great time on the boat .

p.s , send me my licsense !!

paulkusong

Jun 3, 2009
Irvine/California/USA
Name
Paul
Boat
None
Hey Joe,

I know this isn't good bye because you'll still be the captain on some trips but I just wanted to wish you all the best with the remaining items on your bucket list.

You are a true gentleman, and I have never met a more friendly and professional Captain in all my trips. You're the only Captain (that I know of) where anyone can call you on your cell to discuss upcoming trips. You ran ("run") a great operation where customers come first. I don't know of any other overnight or 1.5 day boats that offer hearty appetizers to the anglers on the night voyage to the fishing grounds. Lastly, I really appreciated how you would take the time to introduce yourself and get to know all your passengers.

Darryl (your "successor") exhibits the same professionalism and genuine companionship that you are famous for...and there's no doubt that Darryl will carry on "Capt Joe's tradition" aboard the Constitution.

Thank you for all the memories and great trips.

Best regards,

Paul

fishnfool

Jun 30, 2003
Murrieta, Ca
Name
Kevan
Boat
IMAHO
Always had a good time on the Constitution. Hope to see you on the water Joe. Stop by if you get in the area. Heh Don...you remember that calico? Marcus thought The JP was gone after landing a very nice WSB earlier, only to find out I was just ripped by a dog. LOL If my memory serves me right a certain pool guy was at the dock with a bleeding thumb after trying to lip a Butt. That put the cap on a great day.

Attachments

JimmH

Captain
Jun 23, 2003
Rancho Bernardo-San Diego
instrumentengineers.com
Name
Jimm
Boat
98 Grady White 228; Cobra Maurader kayak
Best Wishes to you Joe. Hope to see you on a trip I am planning to book a little later this summer.

Jimm H.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
well, either "congratulations" or "sorry to hear it".

damn....did not get to fish with you enough.

good luck in whatever you decide to do Joe.....

Lou Kohn

Jun 17, 2009
Fillmpre, Ca USA
Name
Lou Kohn
Boat
25 wellcraft
Joe,

Now that you have the time, do you want to help me put a roof on my house? Joe, you showed true professionalism on your trips I hope to catch a few more while you are on the C . To a true friend of the sport fisher Here's one for you Joe!!
Lou

geoff taylor

'68 tet vet
Feb 14, 2010
burbank ca.
Name
gmt
Boat
sold it
JOE..thanks for saving my spots last year.I know it was not easy to move other charters around to accomadate my groups.Thanks..And hope to see you at the dock.....Geoff taylor , charter master , Taylor's Trailer Trash Charters.

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a
see ya soon Joe, is always fun on the C. remember those big cannisters of blood I brought on board ? that stuff stank.

wiretekaaron

May 10, 2010
ca
Name
Aaron
Boat
umm
Only got a chance to go out with you once, but it was top notch in every way. Good luck with wherever life takes you.

-Aaron
"Big White Black Guy" - You now will remember me.. :D