El Buso

Well-Known "Member"
May 6, 2005
Pauma Valley
Name
Joe
Boat
80 Aqua Bay
We cleared Point Loma a little before 9 and with the price of fuel so low we "Harnessed the 3rd Mule" and headed south. Made the high spot on Colnett at sunrise only to be driven into deeper water by huge Whitefish. Headed to our Ling area but decided to try a deep drift first....Reds...lots of em and big...up to 10 pounds.
By 11 AM we still had not made it to the Ling spot but had plenty of the 10 -14 pound Lings on board.
Made a strategic move an hour and a half back up the line where slaughter broke out. Cows, Big Reds...Green spotted and more.
500' ridge that came up to 200' and it was full speed for 30 minutes each drift.
Great weather again
Great fishing
Great group of guys from L.A.
We will be heading back down ths Friday night

Hefe'

Live2Fish
Sep 26, 2007
Bonita
Name
Jeff
Boat
Not now
Joe Left you a email. Would like to get 2 spots for this Friday.

J-HOOK

J-HOOK
Sep 23, 2005
San Pedro
Name
Joe
Boat
19' Seaswirl
Fishing was good. I was on the Holiday and we were a short distance from you. Those big reds really went off. We got a few yellows in the morning down below too.
We spotted a few squid and moved from there. Good times.

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Another killer trip, good job guys!

El Buso

Well-Known "Member"
May 6, 2005
Pauma Valley
Name
Joe
Boat
80 Aqua Bay
Hi Sol
Might take it up to Clemente or Catalina for some weekend runs.
May and June Cedros and Geronimo for sure.
I'm sure liking these Rock Cod trips and I will keep running them until something better comes along.
Joe

The Saltiest

Bloodydecks P/V
Dec 16, 2008
Orange, CA
Name
Sol
Boat
1968 Coupe de Ville
thanks for the heads-up joe, looking forward to it. gotta pal coming into town from arizona and wanna take him out to slam a few on the deck with you and the crew. i'll give you a ring or email when i figure out exact dates! ---again thanks, and i hear you about the red/lings --- if they're biting, we're eating!!