Constitution boarded by Mexican Navy

El Buso

May 6, 2005
Pauma Valley
Name
Joe
Boat
80 Aqua Bay
I meant to get this posted earlier but.......oh well.
On Saturday 01/16/10 we were boarded by the Mexican Navy. We were within the EEZ and they had the right to do so.
As soon as the inspector came on he assured me that he would be as brief as possible so as to not take away any of our fishing time.
He looked at the documents of the vessel, checked radios and noted what type they were, asked how many passengers, checked to see that everyone had a current permit and then asked permission to see all compartments of the boat. Once he had completed his inspection he asked for 2 witnesses to affirm that neither he or any of his party "Harrased" us, stole anything. planted anything and that he and his men were courteous and professional.
One thing I was surprised at was he did not check my crew's annual permits. They did not check the fish and that could have been because there was no representative of "Pesca" with them.
I have been checked for fish before.
I was very impressed with the entire incident. They truly were trying to be very professional and they did a great job at it.
Earlier in the day we had a "Marina" Helo that looked similar in color to our Coast Gaurd, fly over us several times. After the boarding a small jet (Marina) also buzzed us at low altitude.
Around midnight we were off of the Banda Bank and they raised us on the radio and asked a few more questions but turned east into Ensenada.
I offered the guys soda and candy or cold water but no takers....really professional.
Lets hope it stays that way so we can all enjoy the fishing down there.
Joe

Surfdoc

The finger in the Dyke!
Mar 7, 2003
Bahia Asucion BCS
www.momentoffame.com
Name
Stan
Boat
Mx Panga, MOJAC
Thanks Joe....I have never had a bad experiance with the Mexican military. At sea or on land. Glad to hear ya had a positive interaction.

Now talking of positive interactions.... when can we hook up a BD charter down south..:D

terryc.

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 12, 2006
Chatsworth
Name
Terry
Boat
20 ft. Marlin cc
I was on the Pacific Voyager that same day they pulled up to us and had Mark go on channel 16 they talked a bit on the radio and that was it no boarding.
Terry

paulkusong

Jun 3, 2009
Irvine/California/USA
Name
Paul
Boat
None
Hey Joe:

Carrey (jackpot ling) and I had a great time on your boat. The crew was excellent, and you did a fantastic job putting us on quality fish. Also, thank you for sincerely trying hard to put us on the yellows. Perhaps, better luck next time. I'll be getting other groups together in the near future so I'll see you soon. Oh, and kudos to the "chef" for the great meals.

Best regards,

Paul

Lou Kohn

Jun 17, 2009
Fillmpre, Ca USA
Name
Lou Kohn
Boat
25 wellcraft
Joe,
Looking forward to the 29th. From the looks of all threads, you run a great operation. All my calls with you have been great and I'm anxious to be on board.
Lou

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Thanks Joe....I have never had a bad experiance with the Mexican military. At sea or on land. Glad to hear ya had a positive interaction.

Now talking of positive interactions.... when can we hook up a BD charter down south..:D
I would be all over a BD charter on Joes' boat. Get on that Stan!

spooledagain

Does it taste as good as it looks
Jan 30, 2009
san diego, c.a.
Name
mark
Boat
Konagold
Hey joe- This is mark i meet you on a crew trip about a year ago. I was as friend of chef alex- Anyhow just wanted to say hello and hope to see you this year on your boat. Im glad to see that the mexican navy is cool, ive seen them before and always wondered about there protocall. Well take care joe- Thanks for the post and look forward to fishing with you. MArk-Radio tech.