Not open for further replies.

El Buso

May 6, 2005
Pauma Valley
Name
Joe
Boat
80 Aqua Bay
Hey guys…..this is the “Real” scoop of what happened to us on the Constitution, ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:date alt=
</st1:date>04/08/10 off of <st1:City><st1:place>Ensenada</st1:place></st1:City>.

First of all, we were NOT asked or ordered to leave by Mexican authorities. In fact we never spoke to any official or non official.
It is an unwritten courtesy asked for by the Mexicans that we not fish the Todos Santos. No one is for sure but there are 2 thoughts of where the “Courtesy” line exists.
Some people believe it to be anything less than 50 fathoms…( 300’ ) is restricted
Others say it is a line drawn from Pt. San Miguel to the 3 fathom spot and then over to Punta Banda. You have to stay “Seaward” of that line. Either way we were all guilty.
Don’t hold me to this but I think that line only holds for the Sport boats…in other words a private boat can fish there.
Ken Franke, President of SAC, received complaints from Mexican sources that we were “Poaching” and also threatening their local Sport Boats.
Ken made a call to someone who in turn called some of the boats who were fishing at Todos Santos. NOT ALL THE BOATS RECEIVED THIS WARNING. We did not get the notice but when we were making a move I noticed we were all alone. This is a separate issue that we should correct…..”jungle drums” are a little out of date.
The Constitution is usually at Colnett every weekend and I know that between <st1:City><st1:place>Ensenada</st1:place></st1:City> and San Martin the “patrol boat is frequently there. We have been boarded and contacted by radio while they were following us. All of our paperwork and permits are in order and up to date.
After the events of this week I am sure the Mexicans are extremely angry. I cancelled our trip tonight to give this thing a chance to settle down and because I would not like to be made an example of. If our boats were any where near that line today and this weekend I feel that we are all going to pay. I suggest that we all back off and let Ken Franke deal with the powers that be and maybe something good can come out of this, The last time I looked, that is their Ocean down there and they can close it to all of us without reason and/or explanation.
May cooler heads and sound minds prevail

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
That is not a good way to start the season!!! How about all the people going for a long boat ride right now because the overnighters have been fishing somewhere they shouldnt, pumping up their counts, and making everyone EL NINO crazy!

I sure hope someone starts kissing the right ass to get this thing forgotten about. I would hate to see the Nados shut down.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    While cooling your heels, I might suggest you take the time to learn the actual boundary. I find it inconceivable that a sporty operation would not know this. Please see that the rest of the fleet gets the memo too.
    You may also want to confirm that the rules do in fact apply to sportboats...:zelfmoord:

Upvote 0

captdsk

http://www.constitutioncharters. com
    Mar 22, 2009
    Tustin,C.A. USA
    Name
    Darryl
    Boat
    Constitution
    That is true Ali, Joe is a class act and all of on the Constitution have great respect for our neighbors the south as well as the pb boats out their

Upvote 0

sdangler

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Apr 5, 2004
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    USS Drum SSN 677
    Great call to let cooler heads prevail...

Upvote 0

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
    Aug 20, 2008
    USA
    Name
    My name is Nobody
    Boat
    n/a
    Hi Joe, please then tell Joe R. the bearded clamface kook I mean cook on the boat, to get his facts straight. I'll tell him right after I kick him in the balls. See you soon.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Lou Kohn

Jun 17, 2009
    Fillmpre, Ca USA
    Name
    Lou Kohn
    Boat
    25 wellcraft
    Joe, Once it's squared away, I'll be on for a 5 day I hope. In the mean time, do you want me to bring the fishing arcade game to the docks?
    Lou

Upvote 0

El Buso

May 6, 2005
    Pauma Valley
    Name
    Joe
    Boat
    80 Aqua Bay
    Lou....in the words of George Bush....."BRING IT ON"
    We'll set it on the back deck at day at the docks....I get first crack at it.
    Any way to bet on that thing?
    Joe

Upvote 0

Lou Kohn

Jun 17, 2009
    Fillmpre, Ca USA
    Name
    Lou Kohn
    Boat
    25 wellcraft
    Joe,
    Anything you need Buddy. I can't say how much the trips I've taken on your boat have meant to me. Always a great ride, great people and LOTS of Food! I think we can get some bets going with the game. The largest I got so far was a 625lb Black Marlin. It sure does make the winter blues go away fast. If I have to switch schedules, I'll be on one of your longer range trips. How does it look like this summer? Wishing you and the crew the best of everything. I'm stuck in Colorado for the next couple of weeks. Been here since the last trip I took with you. And I have to say what a class act it was with letting the kid off the hook on the way out of the harbor. You are definitely one of a kind and it's a pleasure to fish with you.
    Lou

Upvote 0

bluehorizon

Oct 12, 2009
    carlsbad ca usa
    Name
    JIM
    Boat
    55' hoquiam
    Respect must be given to the Mexican people and govt. It is all on their terms and we need to respect that! Could you Imagine walking down the beach in Del Mar, Laguna, or Malibu and seing Mexican vessels fishing offshore? Some how I dont think that would go very well up here.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
    Sep 6, 2005
    Escondido
    Name
    Buster Brown
    Boat
    28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
    What I don't understand is the mentality of if they are doing it .....Then so am I!.......if your not supposed to be fishing in a certain area.....stay out.........not go fish there because someone else is.......If you followed this example then I believe you could be considered a class act......other wise your just breaking the rules like everyone else.......

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    What I don't understand is the mentality of if they are doing it .....Then so am I!.......if your not supposed to be fishing in a certain area.....stay out.........not go fish there because someone else is.......If you followed this example then I believe you could be considered a class act......other wise your just breaking the rules like everyone else.......

That's where I'm at....You posted that you were aware of two boundaries and it didn't matter because "you were all guilty anyway". You said fuck em and fished inside both sets; rather than staying outside of both sets. Which IMO is what a "class act" would do.
    :1041677399:

Upvote 0

kchts

kchts
    Jun 22, 2008
    ensenada baja california mexico
    Name
    gerardo s. cordova
    Boat
    32ff sea ray
    Hey guys…..this is the “Real” scoop of what happened to us on the Constitution, ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
    ><st1:date alt=
    </st1:date>04/08/10 off of <st1:City><st1:place>Ensenada</st1:place></st1:City>.

First of all, we were NOT asked or ordered to leave by Mexican authorities. In fact we never spoke to any official or non official.
    It is an unwritten courtesy asked for by the Mexicans that we not fish the Todos Santos. No one is for sure but there are 2 thoughts of where the “Courtesy” line exists.
    Some people believe it to be anything less than 50 fathoms…( 300’ ) is restricted
    Others say it is a line drawn from Pt. San Miguel to the 3 fathom spot and then over to Punta Banda. You have to stay “Seaward” of that line. Either way we were all guilty.
    Don’t hold me to this but I think that line only holds for the Sport boats…in other words a private boat can fish there.
    Ken Franke, President of SAC, received complaints from Mexican sources that we were “Poaching” and also threatening their local Sport Boats.
    Ken made a call to someone who in turn called some of the boats who were fishing at Todos Santos. NOT ALL THE BOATS RECEIVED THIS WARNING. We did not get the notice but when we were making a move I noticed we were all alone. This is a separate issue that we should correct…..”jungle drums” are a little out of date.
    The Constitution is usually at Colnett every weekend and I know that between <st1:City><st1:place>Ensenada</st1:place></st1:City> and San Martin the “patrol boat is frequently there. We have been boarded and contacted by radio while they were following us. All of our paperwork and permits are in order and up to date.
    After the events of this week I am sure the Mexicans are extremely angry. I cancelled our trip tonight to give this thing a chance to settle down and because I would not like to be made an example of. If our boats were any where near that line today and this weekend I feel that we are all going to pay. I suggest that we all back off and let Ken Franke deal with the powers that be and maybe something good can come out of this, The last time I looked, that is their Ocean down there and they can close it to all of us without reason and/or explanation.
    May cooler heads and sound minds prevail

hi joe we know some of you guys play by the rules but not all of you, yesterday i saw 4 us boats inside todos santos , new loan, aztec,prowler and again sea adventure II, the one hoo starts all, and i dont see to much respect for us,I am the president of the sport fishing fleet organisation here in ensenada, and if something is wrong i talk right a way whit our membersand if they dont untherstand and this afects all of us we stop this boat , company, this issue starts a weeck ago and still some guys dont untherstand what respect is, we are not again private boaters and hoo respects the law and is legaly doing this activity is if this problem continues we are goin to take this to higer mexican autorithies,thanks for untherstand this

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    hi joe we know some of you guys play by the rules but not all of you, yesterday i saw 4 us boats inside todos santos , new loan, aztec,prowler and again sea adventure II, the one hoo starts all, and i dont see to much respect for us,I am the president of the sport fishing fleet organisation here in ensenada, and if something is wrong i talk right a way whit our membersand if they dont untherstand and this afects all of us we stop this boat , company, this issue starts a weeck ago and still some guys dont untherstand what respect is, we are not again private boaters and hoo respects the law and is legaly doing this activity is if this problem continues we are goin to take this to higer mexican autorithies,thanks for untherstand this

:zelfmoord:please tell me you are kidding....
    Please deal with the offenders as individual entities. Please do not punish US anglers as a whole due to the offensive actions of a few. If the offenders are punished individually I'm confident that anyone and everyone who might consider breaking the rules will "get the message".....Well maybe not everyone, there is always an idiot in every bunch, but they too can be dealt with individually.
    I'll apologize again as a US citizen who is disappointed in the behavior of a few of my countrymen. I hope the poor behavior of a few doesn't ruin a good thing for so many, as it often does...

Upvote 0

kchts

kchts
    Jun 22, 2008
    ensenada baja california mexico
    Name
    gerardo s. cordova
    Boat
    32ff sea ray
    :zelfmoord:please tell me you are kidding....
    Please deal with the offenders as individual entities. Please do not punish US anglers as a whole due to the offensive actions of a few. If the offenders are punished individually I'm confident that anyone and everyone who might consider breaking the rules will "get the message".....Well maybe not everyone, there is always an idiot in every bunch, but they too can be dealt with individually.
    I'll apologize again as a US citizen who is disappointed in the behavior of a few of my countrymen. I hope the poor behavior of a few doesn't ruin a good thing for so many, as it often does...

we are not againts the us anglers, and i think the us anglers asociations have to stop this, punish the ones that are acting wrong, this issue have more than a weeck and i saw it yesterday is not any respect for us, i know is and unwrithing rule that keeps some areas close for the comercial sport boats, imagine if we do the same to you guys in your area, inmidiatly you call the navy and cost guard to keep us out side your waters, the sports boat have been fishing for a long time at coronados and the rock pile and other areas that we dont fishing, and we not complain becouse we untherstand that unwrithing law,we are not againts private boaters, or us anglers. at this moment are some us sport boats at the area and they continue, so if you guys untherstand, what do you tink about this if those boats still here inside thanks gerardo

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    we are not againts the us anglers, and i think the us anglers asociations have to stop this, punish the ones that are acting wrong, this issue have more than a weeck and i saw it yesterday is not any respect for us, i know is and unwrithing rule that keeps some areas close for the comercial sport boats, imagine if we do the same to you guys in your area, inmidiatly you call the navy and cost guard to keep us out side your waters, the sports boat have been fishing for a long time at coronados and the rock pile and other areas that we dont fishing, and we not complain becouse we untherstand that unwrithing law,we are not againts private boaters, or us anglers. at this moment are some us sport boats at the area and they continue, so if you guys untherstand, what do you tink about this if those boats still here inside thanks gerardo
    Gerardo
    You asked what I think.
    As I said earlier I think the offenders should be held accountable for their behavior. Myself, nor many people I've talked to regarding this have any sympathy for the people (the sportboats) who are antagonizing the situation.
    I sympathize with your position and am just flabbergasted that the vessels you named went back after it was made clear they were not welcome there. Whatever punishment they get they deserve IMO. I only hope the passengers on the vessels nor other innocent recreational anglers are hurt due to a few irresponsible Capts.
    Thank You for your very understanding position that it is not all US people who are acting rudely....
    I've noted the boats you named and will recommend to anyone that will listen, that they SHOULD NOT GO FISHING ON THOSE BOATS!
    Those Capts are willfully risking, if not provoking, a huge problem that could hurt so many....

Upvote 0

Phat Boat

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 18, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Grady White Marlin 300
    Thanks goodness the fleet has found fish away from ensenada. I hope today was a pleasant experience for everyone.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.