Offshore Constitution 2.5 day 6/30 – 7/3 another veiw

BobsYerUncle

Jul 7, 2022
Virginia
Name
Mark Kyllingstad
Late on this report due to tons of travel but here we go.

H&M Landing:

My family has been fishing out of H&M for over 30 years and have never had a bad experience until now. My Dad and I also have experience as deck hands on sport fishing boats. I understand H&M is just the booking agent, but I will hold them partly responsible for the experience as they partially failed. This was supposed to be an epic three generation 2.5 day fishing trip fore yellowfin and bluefin tuna. We did our research and booked in February because we know that boats fill up early for the tuna season. Everything I saw about the Constitution on the H&M site looked promising, even though my dad and I had never fished off of her before, and I didn't see anything negative on the mainstream sites (wish I had known about Bloody Decks). My Dad still lives near enough to San Diego that he brought his own tackle. My two boys, their first tuna trip, and I were flying in from Virginia and I decided to rent gear, support local, rather than pay to fly my gear out. That was a mistake but wouldn't have mattered in the big picture.

Check in at the landing was pretty seamless but was surprised to find out that we were headed south to fish Mexican waters when the current catches of tuna still solid numbers) were in Northern waters. I stepped over to the rental counter and told them I needed riggs for the 2.5 day trip on the Constitution. Counter guy recommended the 20-25lbs and 30-40lbs riggs, 1/0 and 2/0 hooks, and assorted lead based on the resent catches. I didn't see any reason for concern at the time since we were targeting Tuna and My dad had similar set ups as well as even heavier. Also saw similar set ups and gear while talking to the other anglers that were going on the trip so I had no concerns at this point and I wanted to trust the Landing and the boats crew.

Prep for departure:

We stacked up with all of our gear waiting on the boat. One of the mates/licensed Capt. met us to assign bag numbers and get the $30 a head fuel charge and an additional $20 a head for snacks and soda. I understand the fuel charge but the extra for snacks. The math works out to an extra $480 (24 anglers because one guy's flight was canceled) and we damn sure didn't see $480 worth of snacks on the 2.5 days we were out.

We get on the boat and it's the typical mad scramble to grab a bunk and stow gear as close to the bait tanks as possible. The bunk room below deck is awful. Half of them follow the contour of the boat hull and are extremely narrow. Highly recommend sending part of your group below decks to grab a bunk and the other half claiming space for tackle boxes and rod holders near the bait tank. Two guys needed to wear CPAPs and there was only one outlet that supported 110v. The AC made it a refrigerator until it froze over and then the fan would rattle so bad that you might as well have slept in the engine room. Bedding is NOT provided so you better bring your own blanket and pillow unless you want to sleep in your clothes like a few guys did. There was a small bunk room on the main deck that I would venture is reserved for Lady anglers, but this trip was all guys.

At the Capt's brief we found out that we weren't going to target Yellowfin and Bluefin but headed south to look for kelp to find yellow tail and possibly Dorado. You could hear the audible "What the Fuck?" from everyone, one commentor said we should have just taken a day trip out of Oceanside if all we are going to do is fish the kelp, I agreed. Based on conversations and from the level of tackle it was obvious everyone was over tackled and no time to change to lighter gear before departure. Even bigger gut punch was the realization that I could have bought rods and reels for Yellowtail for what it cost to rent gear targeting Yellowfin and Bluefin. Rail etiquette and how the deck would operate wasn't explained very well outside of no casting at the back of the boat and remember your bag number. A jackpot was not mentioned, and I found out later that Jackpots are no longer a thing on most boats anymore. The Capt did say that the weather was going to get a bit sporty while we were going to be out so it would make it hard to spot the kelp but they had GPS markers on a couple small patches of kelp.

Drugs and alcohol were NOT addressed. NOW, I don't care what YOU do or how YOU do it unless it creates an unsafe environment and I DID NOT SEE THIS FROM THE CREW. Yes, weed is legal in Cali but not in Federal waters or in Mexico. You want to spark a bowl, then step it down wind and be discrete. Supposedly outside alcohol is not allowed, that is not true. There was also no control of how much one can consume while on deck. This was supposed to be a fishing trip and not a bender with a $1000 galley tab for more than one guy. A drunk, casting on a rolling deck is asking for problems.

The fishing:

The boat had 4 trolling rods set and a rotation was established based on your bag number. You better be there when the line goes tight or someone else will grab it. The trolling lines did catch a few fish but there was such a hurry to get the fish in the boat that I don't think anything else was caught. It may not seem like much, but I was taught and have observed that if you leave a hooked fish in the water, especially a Dorado, long enough for a second hook up then the school will stay under the boat. Never saw this being given a chance or done and I don't recall any secondary hook-ups after a fish was hooked from a troll.

The main kelp paddies we fished were the ones that they had marked with GPS's floating markers and very few besides. The sea state also made it difficult to spot any kelp that they hadn't already found, by their admission, so we mainly bounced between their markers. Being over tackled the fishing wasn't the best for us but we did put a few in the boat. The deck during these bites was chaotic with no one actually controlling the deck. Rail etiquette of moving or allowing people to pass over or under was barely observed and the deck hands didn't do much to help the situation. There were also more than a few guys casting baits and at times heavier lures from within the mob at the back of the boat. I almost got snagged a couple of times as well as seeing the deck hand on the bait tank almost get hooked on a few occasions. This was also not addressed or dealt with. I get it, the mob at the rail can be intimidating but it can also be run a lot better than what it was. On a couple of occasions fish were lost because you couldn't get a gaf to the bow or people just wouldn't move.

The deck hands came around on the first evening and start asking how we wanted our fish cleaned. I know this is typically how they make money so I told them I wanted mine gilled and gutted, without asking cost, even though I had a processor meeting us at the Landing. Sitting in the galley later and I here an angler ask the deck hand how much is the fish cleaning and the hand said "The Capt says $10 a fish.". This got everyone's attention as it was for filet or gill and gut. I told the hand he could change my order to leave them whole because I had a processor meeting us at the Landing. This got more than a few guys asking what I was paying for that, and I told them $1.65lb. I believe at least 3/4 of the boat either went to the processor or took their fish home to clean themselves as I don't recall many fish in bags hitting the landing. Sad because the Deck Hands were the ones that probably lost the most money.

The trip overall:

The seas got pretty sporty and the Capt beat the hell out of us, the crew, and the boat motoring between kelp at full throttle. It was so bad that I my boys and I went to our bunks, but we were almost pitched out of them on more than a few occasions. The few times he throttled back, during some fishing, were definitely welcome.

Pretty sure this was the first trip for one of the deck hands. If I was him, it would have been my last. Guy seemed to have a fair bit of knowledge but didn't say much even though he was visibly pissed when we started declining fish cleaning.

The snacks and meals were a little disappointing. Rice is cheap and it was with every meal in some cases it was the main part. The snacks were also highly disappointing as they were various, school lunch size, bags of chips and a bowl of basic Halloween candy. The same kind of Halloween candy that gets your house egged.

The Capt collected the tip for the crew. This was new to me, hope they actually got the $$$.

Had mechanical issues with the rental gear and let the guys know when I returned it. Also let them know that they need to talk to the boats more because half of the rented gear was never used and wouldn't have been rented had we known the shift in targeted species. Tried to return the hooks and lead that was never used and got some lame excuse that they couldn't do the return because of issues with their point-of-sale system.

My Dad and I made some great memories with my boys, but we will NEVER fish on the Constitution again.

Shout outs:

Fedge101 and his son are awesome guys. These guys helped, or encouraged, my boys when my dad and I were either on a fish or helping the other brother.

5 Star Fish Processing will get all of my future fish cleaning business from now on. They stepped up and accommodated the boat from my reservation and did same day for anyone that wanted it. Fish was filleted, packaged, and deep frozen for shipment back to Virginia.

H&M Landing Galley. The sandwiches are good and plentiful for the price.

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat Name
23 ft. crestliner
The nerve of the tackle shop not giving you a refund for hooks and sinkers. You should be able to fly to California with no tackle then buy hundreds of dollars worth of hooks, sinkers and jigs to take on a fishing trip then simply return everything that you didn't use for a full refund. The same should apply to rental rods and reels. If you rented a heavy blufin outfit and didn't use it the tackle shop should refund all of your money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat Name
17' Gregor
Sounds to me like a pretty good report when:
1. You are out of the area and don't know what to expect. Others can definitely learn from your experience.
2. You don't read Bloody Decks for Fish and Boat reviews.
3. You don't have a arsenal of tackle along with the kitchen sink to be able to switch if the captain decides to go to a different area. Weather could have been the deciding factor.
4. You don't know exactly what to buy at the tackle store and what can be returned.
5. In my opinion, good informative report.
6. You don't know exactly where you will be going and what you will be fishing for.

I was out on a 1.5 day recently. The Captain did not decide until 2-3 hours into the trip as to which way to go. Fish Intel and weather were the deciding factors and he turned South to fish the kelps. Surprisingly , he told me that kelps are easier to spot in rough weather, because with the gyros they are easy to spot when the waves lift the paddy up to the crest of the wave.

Upvote 0

ChoeMan

Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat Name
Never
Stephen Colbert Popcorn GIF

Reactions: Wandering Blues
Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2020
San Diego
Name
DTS
Boat Name
Boatless
I have fished a lot of boats The constitution being one of them. I’m not big on bagging on boats or landings. But after weeding through 8 or so boats I probably wouldn’t ride on again. Maybe I could Suggest the ones that I would definitely ride again. If I were taking my kids.
First I’d ride the American Angler Owner operator Brian Kiyohara doesn’t take any crap and wouldn’t tolerate any nonsense. I’ve seen this when he once called me into the wheel house and asked me nicely to have a talk with my buddy who was getting a little obnoxious. Luckily my buddy didn’t feel singled out because it was me giving him shit and he got back in line. This is a long range boat who runs a few local trips 1.5-3 days but booked way in advance you could get a spot. Definitely a step up in comfort because this boat has two and three bunk estate rooms with storage space and climate control shit they even have sinks. Seasoned respectful polite crew helpful crew. Not to mention the chef’s cooking never had a bad meal throughout the years on the angler. Just a well respected fishy boat.
Now if I was going without my kids the choice between the Angler and New-Lo-Ann would be a tuff one. The NLA I usually fish three or 4 times per season. You don’t ride this boat for it’s sleeping Accommodations. Owner operators Marcus or Adam just hands down get it done this is one of the best fishing platforms in the fleet wide back deck Double rod storage. Well trained seasoned crew, second captain or night captain Sean continues to fish all night when hunting bluefin. These guys work there ass off to provide a good experience. Haven’t had to deal with a whole lot of drunk idiots on this boat because they have a following of good fishermen. They also provide good meals cook Karie never disappoints. Not only is he a great cook but the guys is funny to. Not trying to promote Point Loma spot fishing or anything but if I’m not on a buddy’s private boat this is where I ride.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat Name
24 ft grady white
I have to say if some captain told me i had to fork out 20 bucks for snacks and soda i'd tell him to go fuck himself.How about i just pay for what i want,especially if these snacks are cheap crap.I remember a time when they asked for 5 bucks for the "all you can drink" coffee or soda.That was a deal.

Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat Name
    Private
    Hold on tight Mark, here comes the rocks and bottles. LOL. Sorry you had a bad experience. I do between 12 and 15 trips a year from SD and been around for a bit. If you decide to give it a shot in the future LMK and if we are on the same trip I can bring all the gear and terminal tackle you will ever need free of charge. I’ve put this offer out there to other BD members and several have taken me up on the offer. Don’t let one bad experience spoil it for you.

Upvote 0

BobsYerUncle

Jul 7, 2022
    Virginia
    Name
    Mark Kyllingstad
    Hold on tight Mark, here comes the rocks and bottles. LOL. Sorry you had a bad experience. I do between 12 and 15 trips a year from SD and been around for a bit. If you decide to give it a shot in the future LMK and if we are on the same trip I can bring all the gear and terminal tackle you will ever need free of charge. I’ve put this offer out there to other BD members and several have taken me up on the offer. Don’t let one bad experience spoil it for you.
    Thanks but keyboard commandos don't bother me, especially since most run their mouths without comprehending the written word 😉😎. We will still fish out of H&M just on a different boat. Appreciate the offer too. Might just take you up on the offer.

Cheers

Upvote 0

AKerper

Aug 26, 2006
    La Mesa
    Name
    Aaron Kerper
    Boat Name
    Everyone else's
    You can make a thousand matches from a single tree, but it only takes one of those matches to burn a thousand trees.

Statistically, if a person has a positive experience with a product or service they will tell 2-3 people. If they have a negative experience then, on average, they will tell 25 people. I would say there are considerably more than that number reading this thread.

Upvote 0

Anello

Giddy Up!!!
    Apr 9, 2003
    SD, CA.
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    No
    The CONSTITUTION is racking up the points this week.
    A near perfect post. Well played.

Thanks to the original poster for taking the time. Sorry that you are catching some flak.

RE: The CONSTITUTION
    I've been on this site since inception and I have never read more consistent bad reviews about a boat than this one. For clarity, I am not referring to the deckhands, or effort to find fish, or ability to find fish. I am simply referring to the abhorrent business practices of the operation. In the event you are unaware of these practices, or disagree, do a few word searches on this site and read the many posts on the topic. I've never been on that boat, but strongly considered booking a 1.5 day trip until I read the complaints. Most of the complaints are quite consistent ... suggesting that they are all very credible. The negative elements of this post are also quite consistent with the prior complaints. Again, likely credible. Maybe the owners should stop nickel and diming their customers. Just a thought. You'll never read similar complaints about any of the good or great boats in the fleet.

RE: Heroes of the Internet
    Additionally, I love the heroes on here that immediately blame the person posting an objective report. The old, "get your own boat!", or "fuel surcharges are justified!" posts, or the oft repeated posts regarding how hard deck hands work, or the old "I fished that boat and never had that experience" posts are just so tired. We get it. All of us understand the obvious. If you were not on the trip, or have had a different experience, good for you. No need to be a keyboard hero and challenge the original poster. Take that a step further, a lot of us have worked on boats, owned and fished or actively fish their own private boats, have fished abroad, fished a multitude of boats in the fleet, etc. and understand the nature of the business. So, just assume that nobody on this site needs a lesson in the obvious, and move on. I, for one, appreciate an objective report containing the good, the bad, and the ugly. As costs to fish continue to go up dramatically, honest reports of bad operations are helpful for our fishing community ... for obvious reasons. Flaming the original poster with re-tread insults is the antithesis.

Ofcourse, I might just be getting old and grumpy, too. So, grain of salt.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

tommyc

Hacker
    Jul 30, 2011
    Livermore, CA
    Name
    Tom
    Boat Name
    Beatem N' Eatem
    For clarity, I am not referring to the deckhands, or effort to find fish, or ability to find fish. I am simply referring to the abhorrent business practices of the operation. In the event you are unaware of these practices, or disagree, do a few word searches on this site and read the many posts on the topic.
    Also include the Mexico fishing reports forum in this search as this boat has mostly earned a big fish reputation from fishing in Puerto Vallarta in the winter.

Upvote 0

Dbado1

• Jul 17, 2020
    Arizona
    Name
    Robert D Bado
    Boat Name
    Toyota tundra
    Good post. Thanks for the heads up.
    I don't get charging for snacks and sodas up front. Ive been a fitness freak my whole life. I haven't drank a soda or eaten candy or chips or crap like that in decades! I wouldn't eat it just because I'm fishing on their boat so why would I have to pay for it up front!? Makes no sense. How about anglers on special restrictive diets due to health concerns? Are they forced to pay as well for something they won't use?
    I'll scratch this boat off my list.

Upvote 0

Edward L Russ

Almost A Member
    Jan 23, 2017
    Mv
    Name
    Rusty cage
    Boat Name
    Mission fishin
    Late on this report due to tons of travel but here we go.

H&M Landing:

My family has been fishing out of H&M for over 30 years and have never had a bad experience until now. My Dad and I also have experience as deck hands on sport fishing boats. I understand H&M is just the booking agent, but I will hold them partly responsible for the experience as they partially failed. This was supposed to be an epic three generation 2.5 day fishing trip fore yellowfin and bluefin tuna. We did our research and booked in February because we know that boats fill up early for the tuna season. Everything I saw about the Constitution on the H&M site looked promising, even though my dad and I had never fished off of her before, and I didn't see anything negative on the mainstream sites (wish I had known about Bloody Decks). My Dad still lives near enough to San Diego that he brought his own tackle. My two boys, their first tuna trip, and I were flying in from Virginia and I decided to rent gear, support local, rather than pay to fly my gear out. That was a mistake but wouldn't have mattered in the big picture.

Check in at the landing was pretty seamless but was surprised to find out that we were headed south to fish Mexican waters when the current catches of tuna still solid numbers) were in Northern waters. I stepped over to the rental counter and told them I needed riggs for the 2.5 day trip on the Constitution. Counter guy recommended the 20-25lbs and 30-40lbs riggs, 1/0 and 2/0 hooks, and assorted lead based on the resent catches. I didn't see any reason for concern at the time since we were targeting Tuna and My dad had similar set ups as well as even heavier. Also saw similar set ups and gear while talking to the other anglers that were going on the trip so I had no concerns at this point and I wanted to trust the Landing and the boats crew.

Prep for departure:

We stacked up with all of our gear waiting on the boat. One of the mates/licensed Capt. met us to assign bag numbers and get the $30 a head fuel charge and an additional $20 a head for snacks and soda. I understand the fuel charge but the extra for snacks. The math works out to an extra $480 (24 anglers because one guy's flight was canceled) and we damn sure didn't see $480 worth of snacks on the 2.5 days we were out.

We get on the boat and it's the typical mad scramble to grab a bunk and stow gear as close to the bait tanks as possible. The bunk room below deck is awful. Half of them follow the contour of the boat hull and are extremely narrow. Highly recommend sending part of your group below decks to grab a bunk and the other half claiming space for tackle boxes and rod holders near the bait tank. Two guys needed to wear CPAPs and there was only one outlet that supported 110v. The AC made it a refrigerator until it froze over and then the fan would rattle so bad that you might as well have slept in the engine room. Bedding is NOT provided so you better bring your own blanket and pillow unless you want to sleep in your clothes like a few guys did. There was a small bunk room on the main deck that I would venture is reserved for Lady anglers, but this trip was all guys.

At the Capt's brief we found out that we weren't going to target Yellowfin and Bluefin but headed south to look for kelp to find yellow tail and possibly Dorado. You could hear the audible "What the Fuck?" from everyone, one commentor said we should have just taken a day trip out of Oceanside if all we are going to do is fish the kelp, I agreed. Based on conversations and from the level of tackle it was obvious everyone was over tackled and no time to change to lighter gear before departure. Even bigger gut punch was the realization that I could have bought rods and reels for Yellowtail for what it cost to rent gear targeting Yellowfin and Bluefin. Rail etiquette and how the deck would operate wasn't explained very well outside of no casting at the back of the boat and remember your bag number. A jackpot was not mentioned, and I found out later that Jackpots are no longer a thing on most boats anymore. The Capt did say that the weather was going to get a bit sporty while we were going to be out so it would make it hard to spot the kelp but they had GPS markers on a couple small patches of kelp.

Drugs and alcohol were NOT addressed. NOW, I don't care what YOU do or how YOU do it unless it creates an unsafe environment and I DID NOT SEE THIS FROM THE CREW. Yes, weed is legal in Cali but not in Federal waters or in Mexico. You want to spark a bowl, then step it down wind and be discrete. Supposedly outside alcohol is not allowed, that is not true. There was also no control of how much one can consume while on deck. This was supposed to be a fishing trip and not a bender with a $1000 galley tab for more than one guy. A drunk, casting on a rolling deck is asking for problems.

The fishing:

The boat had 4 trolling rods set and a rotation was established based on your bag number. You better be there when the line goes tight or someone else will grab it. The trolling lines did catch a few fish but there was such a hurry to get the fish in the boat that I don't think anything else was caught. It may not seem like much, but I was taught and have observed that if you leave a hooked fish in the water, especially a Dorado, long enough for a second hook up then the school will stay under the boat. Never saw this being given a chance or done and I don't recall any secondary hook-ups after a fish was hooked from a troll.

The main kelp paddies we fished were the ones that they had marked with GPS's floating markers and very few besides. The sea state also made it difficult to spot any kelp that they hadn't already found, by their admission, so we mainly bounced between their markers. Being over tackled the fishing wasn't the best for us but we did put a few in the boat. The deck during these bites was chaotic with no one actually controlling the deck. Rail etiquette of moving or allowing people to pass over or under was barely observed and the deck hands didn't do much to help the situation. There were also more than a few guys casting baits and at times heavier lures from within the mob at the back of the boat. I almost got snagged a couple of times as well as seeing the deck hand on the bait tank almost get hooked on a few occasions. This was also not addressed or dealt with. I get it, the mob at the rail can be intimidating but it can also be run a lot better than what it was. On a couple of occasions fish were lost because you couldn't get a gaf to the bow or people just wouldn't move.

The deck hands came around on the first evening and start asking how we wanted our fish cleaned. I know this is typically how they make money so I told them I wanted mine gilled and gutted, without asking cost, even though I had a processor meeting us at the Landing. Sitting in the galley later and I here an angler ask the deck hand how much is the fish cleaning and the hand said "The Capt says $10 a fish.". This got everyone's attention as it was for filet or gill and gut. I told the hand he could change my order to leave them whole because I had a processor meeting us at the Landing. This got more than a few guys asking what I was paying for that, and I told them $1.65lb. I believe at least 3/4 of the boat either went to the processor or took their fish home to clean themselves as I don't recall many fish in bags hitting the landing. Sad because the Deck Hands were the ones that probably lost the most money.

The trip overall:

The seas got pretty sporty and the Capt beat the hell out of us, the crew, and the boat motoring between kelp at full throttle. It was so bad that I my boys and I went to our bunks, but we were almost pitched out of them on more than a few occasions. The few times he throttled back, during some fishing, were definitely welcome.

Pretty sure this was the first trip for one of the deck hands. If I was him, it would have been my last. Guy seemed to have a fair bit of knowledge but didn't say much even though he was visibly pissed when we started declining fish cleaning.

The snacks and meals were a little disappointing. Rice is cheap and it was with every meal in some cases it was the main part. The snacks were also highly disappointing as they were various, school lunch size, bags of chips and a bowl of basic Halloween candy. The same kind of Halloween candy that gets your house egged.

The Capt collected the tip for the crew. This was new to me, hope they actually got the $$$.

Had mechanical issues with the rental gear and let the guys know when I returned it. Also let them know that they need to talk to the boats more because half of the rented gear was never used and wouldn't have been rented had we known the shift in targeted species. Tried to return the hooks and lead that was never used and got some lame excuse that they couldn't do the return because of issues with their point-of-sale system.

My Dad and I made some great memories with my boys, but we will NEVER fish on the Constitution again.

Shout outs:

Fedge101 and his son are awesome guys. These guys helped, or encouraged, my boys when my dad and I were either on a fish or helping the other brother.

5 Star Fish Processing will get all of my future fish cleaning business from now on. They stepped up and accommodated the boat from my reservation and did same day for anyone that wanted it. Fish was filleted, packaged, and deep frozen for shipment back to Virginia.

H&M Landing Galley. The sandwiches are good and plentiful for the price.

Call the owners wife and complain to her 😀

Upvote 0

HighWildFree

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 16, 2018
    OC
    Name
    Erik
    Boat Name
    Spaghetti Madness
    $10 per fish seems to be the normal rate, I agree it is way too much but about the average per boat. Way overpriced for a basic slab job with skin, pin bones and bloodline still intact. Hell, I’m still upset when they started charging $2 per sculpin though.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat Name
    One that floats
    Just another happy Constitution customer...
    Really liked "the same kind of Halloween candy that gets your house egged." LOL
    Ol' Keith up to his same old tricks.
    So if I buy tackle at the landing before I go on my trip, and I don’t use it all,
    When I get back, And they will not let me
    Return it unused, clueless,I thought all sales were final, my god.

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
    Visalia, CA
    Name
    Blaine Lake
    Boat Name
    none
    $10 per fish seems to be the normal rate, I agree it is way too much but about the average per boat. Way overpriced for a basic slab job with skin, pin bones and bloodline still intact. Hell, I’m still upset when they started charging $2 per sculpin though.
    Actually I think $10 is a norm for filets but gill and gut should be much less.

I’ve heard a few of these posts saying they were charged $20 a person for snacks. That’s beyond ridiculous and there had better be a lot of high quality snacks for that price.

To the original poster, there are three landings right there, and another at Seaforth and you can get high quality boats at any of them. Don’t stay married to only H&M.

Somebody mentioned the AA. Any of the long range boats will give you a very different experience. Book ahead and get on one.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0