marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Congratulations to Aaron Barnhill on your new job as Captain of the Shogun!
Ive fished with Aaron on the legend many times and he has always done a great job, im sure he will excel at the helm of the Shogun also.

hotrail20

COW HUNTERS
May 28, 2006
Chino,Ca
Name
Leonard
Boat
Yours
Congrats Aaron lots of great trips with you on the Legend now I will hop on the Shogun to ride with you.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Aaron is a great guy. I also fished with him on a crazy WFO Albacore trip on the Legend. That was a few years ago. He's been working on the Royal Polaris as well as running the Legend since then. Very capable, customer service oriented guy. Best of luck to him with his new responsibilities. I'm sure he'll do well.

Mongo76

Nov 21, 2007
Modesto, CA
Name
Darin
Boat
Sea Swirl 22, Blondie, 50 Silverton Flora T, 50 Silverton The Other Office
Does this mean Norm is no longer running the boat? I thought he was a partial owner.

Relacson

@relacson22
Feb 22, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Marc
Boat
yours
The letter from the office says Norm will run select trips. He is still a partial owner.

ThunderMudder

Dec 1, 2007
wishing west c
Name
nal
Boat
282 GW Sailfish F225's
i thought Bruce was the one leaving to run his new boat not Norm?
if what above is correct, then Aaron and Bruce will be at the helm?

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
i thought Bruce was the one leaving to run his new boat not Norm?
if what above is correct, then Aaron and Bruce will be at the helm?
Bruce is just now finishing up his last trip. As you probably know, Bruce is now the owner of the old Samurai, now, as originally named, again called the Fortune. http://www.fishermanslanding.com/pages/Fortune.php

By the time Shogun starts running again, Aaron should be well up to speed on the boat. His second ticket is announced as Cole, also recently a crew member on RP. I thought Norm was all done. I got a mailing from the office but tossed it as it looked to me like just prnted schedules. I don't keep those, even for boats that I fish, as my wife has enough clutter as it is. ;)

fishrman

Pura Vida!
Feb 25, 2008
Ventura County, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
none
Yeah, I got the mailing also and Norm "may run selective trips" during the year and is still part owner, while Bruce is now owner/operator of the charter boat "Fortune". I have fished with both these skilled captains and it was a pleasure to be sure and I for one, wish them nothing but the very best in whatever they do! Aaron Barnhill and Cole Byron both have worked on the RP and will be taking over the majority of the trips on the Shogun. I have not had the privilege of fishing with either of the gents, but I'm sure they are top-notch and will fill in just fine. Good luck and tight lines to them all!

bigsquid

Aug 2, 2006
San Francisco
Name
bigsquid
Boat
none
I have fished with Aaron on the RP, both as Captain and Deckhand. He's great. He wants you to get on fish and won't take you for a boat ride. I would go fishing with him again without any reservations about his abilities. Last I heard (on this board) was that Cole also from the RP was coming back to be the 2nd. He's good too!

mrmonty32

May 14, 2010
encinitas
Name
dean
Boat
Chubasco II
Aaron and Cole are both former students of mine when they were in high school. I have fished with both since and am proud to see the way they have taken charge.