Offshore Condor report 6-23 -BFT

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
Decided to book a trip on the Condor for the first time. Weather report was going to be windy and rough. It wasn’t until about noon the next day that the wind let up and the seas eased up a bit. The Condor is huge so it was not that bad. Fishing was slow on the night flatfalls Tuesday and Wednesday night. No bluefin taken to my knowledge. We hit a dozen or so schools and a few were taken now and then. There were several bluefin that went over the 100 lb. mark. There are some huge bluefin out there right now. Our trip landed 4, 200 lb + cows, 3 on the kite and one on a torpedo sinker rig. The guy on the torpedo set up burned up the drags on his Avet. I was very lucky and got picked up on my Avet HXW Raptor with 80 lb fluorocarbon and landed a 100+ model. My reel was matched with a Cal Star 60-120 lb model. It was insuring to have the right set up for these bigger models. I used an Owner size 2 circle hook. I was also using a torpedo sinker set up. Most all the fish were caught on sinker rigs. The picture shows my smaller fish and the 200 lb cow caught by another angler who fished the sinker rig. No limits for the boat but that’s bluefin fishing. Enjoyed the Condor, Captain and crew.........Jughead....

10D0F3DF-9A7A-4606-8B9F-E3D226C8641F.jpeg

Last edited:

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    GREAT REPORT and Pics, Info John. One 100+ better than none. Condor a great boat, great crew!
    Fishing years on Condor I sure miss the action. Surgery soon. LOL GO get another 1-2.LOL

Last edited:
    Reactions: jughead
    Upvote 0

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
    Alpine
    Name
    John
    Boat
    24 Seaswirl striper
    GREAT REPORT and Pics, Info John. One 100+ better than none. Condor a great boat, great crew!
    Fishing years on Condor I sure miss the action. Surgery soon. LOL GO get another 1-2.LOL
    Good luck on your surgery...the Blue fun will be waiting for you!!!

Upvote 0

Tugboat64

I've posted enough I should edit this section
    Sep 8, 2017
    La Mirada/Whittier
    Name
    Logan
    Boat
    Wanting a bigger boat
    I was on the outrider tuesday night through thursday morning with ya. Insane kite bite only a few on jigs and bait

Upvote 0

Chuck T

Oct 4, 2007
    Stanton
    Name
    Would Chuck
    Boat
    Blackman
    Decided to book a trip on the Condor for the first time. Weather report was going to be windy and rough. It wasn’t until about noon the next day that the wind let up and the seas eased up a bit. The Condor is huge so it was not that bad. Fishing was slow on the night flatfalls Tuesday and Wednesday night. No bluefin taken to my knowledge. We hit a dozen or so schools and a few were taken now and then. There were several bluefin that went over the 100 lb. mark. There are some huge bluefin out there right now. Our trip landed 4, 200 lb + cows, 3 on the kite and one on a torpedo sinker rig. The guy on the torpedo set up burned up the drags on his Avet. I was very lucky and got picked up on my Avet HXW Raptor with 80 lb fluorocarbon and landed a 100+ model. My reel was matched with a Cal Star 60-120 lb model. It was insuring to have the right set up for these bigger models. I used an Owner size 2 circle hook. I was also using a torpedo sinker set up. Most all the fish were caught on sinker rigs. The picture shows my smaller fish and the 200 lb cow caught by another angler who fished the sinker rig. No limits for the boat but that’s bluefin fishing. Enjoyed the Condor, Captain and crew.........Jughead....

View attachment 1292992
    Awesome report! We appreciate it👍

Reactions: jughead
    Upvote 0