"Nastiest Hater" 2000
Aug 26, 2012
Newport,CA
Name
Vatch
Boat
Maybe one day
Hey everyone,

Booked this trip last Wednesday with 2 buddy's hoping for some nice grade Bluefin and some fun on the water.
Woke up to Wind and choppy seas not what i was expecting, but i had a long streak of really nice weather Trips so i cant complain.
Started out the day with a Kelp around 8 AM. was pretty loaded ended up with 1 dorado, and 1 yellow on that stop to get the skunk off.
Found another nice paddy soon after but not as many fish.. found a mack in the bait well and soaked it for a bit and hooked a nice dorado.
No more action till about 3 PM when all of a sudden HOOOK UP!!!
was a nice bluefin bite for 30 mins then they shut off....ended up hooking 4 landing 2..... crazy with 37 people on board.
Hit 1 more patty after that for a small yellow at about 6pm..

I thought we were done but right at dark we spot a really nice patty and still had a lot of bait so we decided to stop and fish it.
I hooked up on a yellow and it b-lined for the kelp...after about 1 minute i got him loose or so i thought.
all of a sudden i see a mako charging my yellowtail with its tail missing and was able to get it in the boat before it got any meat.
Didnt get that last stop on video but i will post a pic of the yellow with a bite mark.

The boat ended up with 22 bluefin, 31 yellowtail, 18 dorado for 37 Tanglers.
I landed 2 Bluefin,3 yellowtail, 2 dorado.... Worked hard but it paid off with a freezer full of fish

hope this report helps........Check out the video if you have some time to kill :)
[video=youtube;Q37-dn1LdN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q37-dn1LdN0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Attachments

Chris Penning

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 13, 2011
Laurel, MD
Name
Chris
Boat
Total Ho
That video should be a tutorial on the benefits of knowing how to cast a live bait. Folks all around you not hooked up and what was your longest soak? From this video alone, I know the first trip I'm on I'll be practicing every chance I get.

sdreefsurf

Sep 1, 2006
San Diego
Name
lance
Boat
1 Day
that's downright sublime! need to get me a go pro! way to put the hurt on 'em!

jig-guy

Apr 7, 2008
Hesperia Ca USA
Name
Bill
Boat
None
Bitchen video and you were on top of those fishies. Thanks for the report and the neat vedio. I am going to go get me another Beer!

Bertskiz

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 2, 2009
Suisun City, CA USA
Name
Bert
Boat
20 Ft. 96 Key West CC
Sick footage bro! Heard the condor is poppin'! My cuzzo is headed out tonight with Steve back on the helm! Hope he whacks em like you!

Bucnasty

"Nastiest Hater" 2000
Aug 26, 2012
Newport,CA
Name
Vatch
Boat
Maybe one day
GREAT VIDEO!!

thats the perfect angle of the go pro to get the reel, swing, bend, gaff, etc! Ive had two unsuccessful attempts at the angle. any tips?
IMG_0041.jpgIMG_0042.jpgIMG_0043.jpg

Thats my Rig....gopro sells nothing like that so i made it myself with a drill and a ziptie

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Nice haul, a great mix of fish! Fine job.

momaguro

Sep 23, 2011
Pacific Beach
Name
David
Boat
Pequod
Your video was a lot of fun to watch but now my son thinks it is normal to get hooked up every cast in less than 30 seconds! Nice fishing bro!

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Such a rad video! Way to slay em!