d105

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 16, 2011
SoCal
Name
d105
Boat
Fish Cat 4
Pledge or if you're a cyclist, bike polish works nicely as well.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Remember WD40 is a solvent therefore corrosive and may do more harm than good to protect some finishes, dang-it meant to quote the post you quoted :)
WD-40 is about as corrosive as water.Try removing some magic marker or tape residue with it.

cozenone

Jan 25, 2020
northwest
Name
joe
Boat
none
WD-40 is about as corrosive as water.Try removing some magic marker or tape residue with it.
as a matter of fact pal, I've done both,remove marker and remove tape residue, but your the smartest MF on this site and you tend to disagree with just about everyone, so use what ever you want WD40 IS a SOLVENT, All you do is go to every post and find something negative or throw in your personal negative BS into it, you can't even leave a 15 year old kid reach out and try to pursue his ambitions without striking him down. Follow your line or get out of the rotation

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
as a matter of fact pal, I've done both,remove marker and remove tape residue, but your the smartest MF on this site and you tend to disagree with just about everyone, so use what ever you want WD40 IS a SOLVENT, All you do is go to every post and find something negative or throw in your personal negative BS into it, you can't even leave a 15 year old kid reach out and try to pursue his ambitions without striking him down. Follow your line or get out of the rotation
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning ? Jesus.

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Remember WD40 is a solvent therefore corrosive and may do more harm than good to protect some finishes, dang-it meant to quote the post you quoted :)
Yes. It's a solvent, but it does displace water (WD=Water Displacement) and when the solvents flash off, it leaves a thin protective coating. It was initially developed by a chemical aerospace company based in Chula Vista to protect the outer skin of missiles and rockets. Took them 40 tries to come up with the right formula. Thus WD40. Rocket Chemical Company, I think, was the original name of the company. And NO it does not contain fish oil, and NO it does no good to use it as a fish attractant for catfish.

If eric perez has been using it for 30 years, it can't hurt to try it.

Reactions: plj46

onehottip

May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
So I need to go into garage and wax my f n rods!

Jun 22, 2015
Name
David
Boat
mine
Rods get rinsed then washed with dawn soap rinsed again.Dry. Lite coat of car wax.
Reels get rinsed (buttoned down drags) washed with soft tooth with dawn soap rinsed again. Shake reel then air dry. Then lube.Back off drags. Just the way I do it

Ribak

Jan 9, 2012
Carlsbad
Name
Val
Boat
Yami
...... At the end of the trip while on the boat I wash the reels with hot water, spray them with lubricant, lube them and pack them away in travel bag. When I get home I wash the poles with hot water, dry them....
Thanks for the tip Mr. DRE
I was reading that hot water could be harsh on your grease inside the reel, so not recommended.

stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
Wash and dry then-
Boeshield squirt a bit on, rub around into all the guide crevices, hold horizontal and wack the handle a few times to shake off the excess. Store horizontal until vehicle dries off. Leaves a thin cloudy film that makes your new rods look less tempting.

Mr. DRE

Sep 23, 2019
West Hills, CA
Name
Andre
Boat
Private
Val, do not submerse the reels in hot water! Tighten the drags then rise the outside with hot water. Dry them off, spray some water displacement lubricant, back off the drags, put them in free spool and put them away.