Communists are pretty funny

Discussion in 'Gun Talk' started by dan1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. PacificBlue

PacificBlue Member

Name:
    JM
    Boat:
    Still Looking
    As a society, we have accepted 30,000 - 50,000 deaths in car accidents per year since 1950! More deaths than in recent wars, yet no public outcry against the most lethal weapon owned by US (and non-US) citizens - the automobile!

It all comes down to a national and personal risk assessment.......the numbers don't back it up, and you will go from guns to bombs in a heart beat..........

2. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  3. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    That is hardly fair, I would hope you would know. Do you know anyone killed by a drunk driver? Someone with PTSD that took their own life? OD'd on drugs? In a building during 9/11? The boat that got ran over in the bay by harbor patrol killing that young boy?

You can't be that emotional and think rationally about something like this.

4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Instigator General

Name:
    JMH
    Boat:
    Always a good one
    I say Mikey (Sealskinner) heads-up the union :D

5. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

6. Aggro

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Reason? Logic? Reality?

Do you really think that if that loser couldn't have gotten his Mom's guns he would have just turned sane. Again, can you answer these questions?

To cut to the chase I'd like to know how:
    A. the Govt pays for a gun buy out option to the tune of a min of fifty BILLION dollars
    B. the Govt finds guns not registered to the number of a couple hundred million
    C. enforces things like an assault rifle ban when you can make one in your garage?

I think you have a dream that isn't possible. Check that, I KNOW it isn't possible. If we could keep us law abiding citizens out of it(this rhetoric) we'd greatly appreciate it.

7. Rauterki

Rauterki The worst fisherman on the boat

Name:
    Jon
    Boat:
    I'm in the market. Make me an offer I can't refuse.
    Too good to not share.....

Attached Files:

8. nmbrinkman

nmbrinkman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Nathan
    Boat:
    12 oz frosty mug

Actually my mother was murdered in 2001 when I was 19 while I was in my first year of my oath to support and defend the constitution we're discussing. She was shot in the back of the head while being held against her will. They found her body on the south shore of Lake Tahoe. She was a typical homemaker. After 21 years of marriage to my father they divorced and she married a con artist who was after the 10.5 years of my dad's retirement she was awarded in the divorce. It was either a murder suicide or like I believe, was a double homicide. Either way, I'm not delusional enough to believe a handgun ban would of saved my mother's life.

http://www.sierrasun.com/article/20010503/REGION/105032759

As I've mention a couple of times, "assault weapons" are responsible for .2% of deaths by a firearm in the US. The consequence of not prohibiting them would be a fraction of that .2% possibly not happening. Remember, just because they're banned does not mean they won't be utilized. Drugs are also illegal yet are everywhere. And just to make the picture clearer. In 2007 there were 12,632 homicides due to a firearm. Using the .2% average, that would be ~25 deaths involving an assault weapon. A number I don't believe justifies an infringement on my understanding of the 2nd Amendment.

9. Aggro

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    How can you ban something you can make in your garage? Something you can't track or even know exists? Anyone can buy dies and use simple shop tools to make the same guns we buy at big 5.

Nathan, I'm sorry for your loss, no one deserves to go out like that.

10. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    My father committed suicide 24 1/2 yrs ago.
    Banning guns would not have prevented his death.
    Reality sucks.............. but somehow you must accept it and move on.

11. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X

12. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Think of the hundreds of thousands / millions of lives that would be saved if we banned cigarettes.

But then again our govt would lose Billions of $$$ in taxes.

13. Aggro

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    My kid's school has a LEO assigned to it.

Are you ready to answer my questions?

A. The Govt pays for a gun buy out option to the tune of a min of fifty BILLION dollars
    B. The Govt finds guns not registered to the number of a couple hundred million
    C. The Govt enforces things like an assault rifle ban when you can make one in your garage?

Personally your ban this or that doesn't affect me. Nor would it a criminal. These laws all the anti-gun crowd wants don't affect me. A criminal could give a shit.

14. nmbrinkman

nmbrinkman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Nathan
    Boat:
    12 oz frosty mug
    Dammit Brandon... I deleted that. I didn't want him to reply with another $5 word I had to look up in an online dictionary. His passion is emotional. But unfortunately determining what liberties we do or don't deserve or where our tax money is spent needs to be logical. I'm not going to change his mind. It's Christmas eve eve. I've got kids to spend time with. Lord knows I'm gonna be destroying rod blanks late into the night tomorrow.

15. andyb

andyb Newbie

Name:
    Andy
    Boat:
    Kayak
    I realize that we can't prevent disturbed people from attempting to visit violence on others, but we can attempt to make them less lethal. I don't think that having armed guards at schools would do anything - there was an armed guard at Columbine. And whats next, movie theaters? Restaurants and bars?
    I don't know why any civilian needs a semi-auto with multiple large magazines. Sorry if my opinion is different than yours. My wife has been an elementary school teacher for the last 15 years. And both my kids are in school.

16. Aggro

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    My kids are in school too. Maybe YOU can answer my questions. It's only three questions but I'm getting no answer from the anti-gun crowd.

A. The Govt pays for a gun buy out option to the tune of a min of fifty BILLION dollars for all the guns on the new ban list
    B. The Govt finds guns not registered to the number of a couple hundred million
    C. The Govt enforces things like an assault rifle ban when you can make one in your garage

I've yet to hear ONE LOGICAL SOLUTION to this. We gun owners can't help you anti gun folks (not you personally Andy)if you can't answer these three simple questions. I'm guessing I'll be hearing more semantics with no meat? Prove me wrong. Heck I'd like to hear an answer to A or B? Pick one and make it stick.

17. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"

Wait until we have "the big one" and all of southern Ca turns into dog eat dog complete kaos. What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine mentality will be the norm, bad people will be out in force taking what they want at force. Our police, our National Guard, our Military will not be able to protect those who have from those who have not. The people who don't want others to have multiple large qty magazines will be have a whole new point of view. They will not have what it takes to protect their loved ones, themselves and their property. When you have a group of 20, 30, maybe even 40 or more fucked up gangbanging piece of shit motherfuckers closing in on you try to reload that 6 shooter revolver as fast as you can. I have 2 kids in school and they are the reason why I want maximum ammo and maximum firepower.

It's not a matter of "if" it's a matter of "when" we will see the best and the worst of our civilization all at the same time.

18. Aggro

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    We were one day away from this with the big blackout. I had the genset and enough crap for the neighbors too if needed.

19. rodngun762

rodngun762 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Boat:
    Amen Saluki!

20. s//m_cinco

s//m_cinco Member

Name:
    X
    Boat:
    X