Billy V

Seabass Commando
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
San Diego is shut down this is referring to the guys who registered comercial trying to fish bluefin read the fucking post
Do you know what they call those guys who bought commercial boat registration, and commercial licenses??

Commercial Fisherman - plain and simple.

irob2

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS
Do you know what they call those guys who bought commercial boat registration, and commercial licenses??

Commercial Fisherman - plain and simple.
Lol not when they are missing the permits they dont tell you about

MItoCali

Mar 26, 2014
Newport Beach,
Name
Stephen
Boat
Pursuit Express 3000 Bella Mare
Wait, I cant go fishing on my own boat right now????

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
I give Kudos to the guys who actually have (1000.00 or so?) the money and time to try and get a commercial license just to go try and fish....not that I wouldn`t do it if I was loaded with money,and not worried about how to keep my auto repair shop going with no customers or work,and 3 kids and a wife to think of supporting.Hope it works,you can legaly sell us some of the catch,hopefully at a discount price,so we can all share in some fresh seafood!I think the Governors words were bleak,when he said he did not see any group gatherings from June through August...I am sure that would eliminate alot,Cattle boat fishing with 30 guys in the bunks,Del Mar fair,The Del Mar horse races are already working out how they can convince them they can run the meet without spectators...This is for sure a bummer.

irob2

Sep 26, 2010
S.D
Name
robert
Boat
REEL ADDICTION/STRICTLY BUSINESS

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I bet most of the new Commercial skiffs have no clue that they just voided the warranty on their new outboards the second they registered as commercial...
And how is their Outboard Manufacturer going to know its now commercial?

Last edited:
Reactions: Seaing Red

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
For sure the warranty changes when the vessel is registered commercial. I have been in talks with the tax lady, motor mechanic, vessel assist, boat insurance, marina and the DMV - about getting a commercial license. There are pros and cons. Each situation is different.

I suggest research, a plan and double check before sending the paper work.

It's only April

Reactions: lougio

Seaing Red

Well-Known "Member"
May 1, 2017
Oceanside
Name
Ryan
Boat
23’ Parker DVCC
If you believe we are getting our rights back anytime soon you’re part of the problem. They just filled a skatepark with sand ! Does that sound like a state that’s about to let its citizens out of their house ? No. Everyday they impose more restrictions on us. It’s not because people are “ruining” it for everyone else by trying to cheat the system or walk on the beach. There is absolutely no thought put into any of this or is there ....... sheep.

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
I bet most of the new Commercial skiffs have no clue that they just voided the warranty on their new outboards the second they registered as commercial...
Don't worry, Dad's CC fixes everything.

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
If you take it back to a dealer for warranty work and you have FG numbers on the hull they have to put it in the system. I have a buddy that found out the hard way with a brand new Yamaha 300 last year.
Well then I guess you could call your friend stupid for leaving his FG numbers on the boat

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
I launched my boat at Sunset Aquatic on Wednesday just for a cruise. I saw lots of people fishing inside the harbor and outside the harbor so I am confused about the no fishing part of this post.

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
Admin
Feb 4, 2003
Encinitas, CA USA
www.bdoutdoors.com
Name
Jason
I launched my boat at Sunset Aquatic on Wednesday just for a cruise. I saw lots of people fishing inside the harbor and outside the harbor so I am confused about the no fishing part of this post.
This is about San Diego. Closed the bay and ramp to anyone but commercials. So people are getting commercial permits but going sportfishing risking a ticket.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
really sad that covid-19 is among us, really sad that some people can't follow the rules, really those few that defy the rules are and will make it worse for everyone...and the quarantine will just continue longer.... and perhaps covid-19 will take more lives...
I simply see that no matter what the situation some few will defy and break the rules.... very sad.
If all stay home as directed, covid-19 could end much much sooner... and things will get back to some normalcy sooner..
yes I have a boat, I love fishing, I am pay insurance, slip fees etc, etc. but my boat will stay in the slip, and I'll stay home.. and follow directions to hopefully see and end to COVID-19..

sorry for the rant... hope all have a nice day....

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
This is about San Diego. Closed the bay and ramp to anyone but commercials. So people are getting commercial permits but going sportfishing risking a ticket.
Thanks Jason, didn’t know that. We will be back soon enough.

Reactions: AliKat

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
really sad that covid-19 is among us, really sad that some people can't follow the rules, really those few that defy the rules are and will make it worse for everyone...and the quarantine will just continue longer.... and perhaps covid-19 will take more lives...
I simply see that no matter what the situation some few will defy and break the rules.... very sad.
If all stay home as directed, covid-19 could end much much sooner... and things will get back to some normalcy sooner..
yes I have a boat, I love fishing, I am pay insurance, slip fees etc, etc. but my boat will stay in the slip, and I'll stay home.. and follow directions to hopefully see and end to COVID-19..

sorry for the rant... hope all have a nice day....
This is the most sensible friggin' post I've read here. Painful but true.