Formally INOXicated
May 10, 2008
Anza, CA USA
www.grip-n-hook.com
Name
John
Boat
not mine
I agree very bad choices were that will have an effect for some time. The defending themselves part is over the sentencing is next.

Last edited:

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
Wellllllll shit.
My wife and I have a trip scheduled with them on the 10th. I wonder if they can fish until the sentencing? I may have to call the landing and see if they know what's up and then file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back.

I have fished with Mark and Chris and always had a great time. Bummer to hear the news.
That would be an interesting safety seminar....in the event PVC pipes uh..... "Break"

Reactions: Johnny J

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
Yes, but penalties will be totally different. I am not in anyway defending what they did, just trying to keep facts straight.
In a plea bargain, you plead guilty to one or more charges and the other charges get dropped. The prosecution makes a sentancing recommendation and the judge makes the final decision.

Spicy Tuna

Spicytuna
Jul 9, 2009
Gardena
Name
Phil
Boat
None
If you have a trip booked with Eclipse Sportfishing, I'd get a refund immediately.

Reactions: plj46 and marlyn

Otto

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Wow , it's hard to mess that up , they get the dumb ass award
You were probably the dumb ass that defended the captains. I got called names like yours for speculating the truth.

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
You were probably the dumb ass that defended the captains. I got called names like yours for speculating the truth.
cmon Otto,
Really, lighten up Francis.
As far as the rash of sinkings lately- I usually think
1- insurance fraud first
2- human error 2nd.

chill bro...

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
I feel bad for their families..nobody knows what influences someone to do things that they do.

Humility is a good reminder and I'm sure these guys have plenty of it.

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
What the?
I don't know what the process or laws are for the given situation. My assumption is that the trip will be canceled but I don't like to assume. I do know their refund policy is 30 days in writing or they have to fill your spot so that is out of the question. Given the situation they probably are not even going to answer their phones to give a refund. I will more than likely have to get refunded from my credit card company.

richardblufin

Jun 23, 2009
POWAY CA
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
Dude, go wash the sand out of your vagina. Nobody owes you an apology. Back when the incident happened, without any facts, you speculated (guessed) correctly. It was a 50/50 chance of being right.
That guy is a dumb ass.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
I feel bad for their families..nobody knows what influences someone to do things that they do.

Humility is a good reminder and I'm sure these guys have plenty of it.
Yes indeed! I bet no one is sleeping well in their beds.

Reactions: lynndeva

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
Ha, good for them, greedy bitch scammers!

Chris and his wife roped me into designing their landscape for their home up on the hill in La Jolla.

I assumed I would be doing their job, so I spent a ton of time drawing up their plans and meeting with them (which I NEVER do, unless I'm paid a retainer up front).

And guess what, they had someone else do the job - and use the plans I trusted them with.

What did I get out of it? A BIG fat ZERO, not even a free ride on their (shitty) boat.

Enjoy your time in lockup and remember - karma's a bitch!

Last edited:

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
Sep 12, 2010
garden grove, ca
Name
David
Boat
Maria
Man my friend just paid his deposit on the eclipse for a 2 day a few weeks ago. Hope he get something back. I heard Josh was thinking of buying the eclipse its a great boat and crew. Just not sure of Josh's exp with the bft last year behind clemente. He did well on the schooling yft though.

Skeeter Nate

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 21, 2015
Name
Nate
Boat
Skeeter
Crazy thing is you can still book trips on the eclipse website

Cy Bodden

Been there done that
Oct 15, 2013
Escondido, CA
Name
Cy
Boat
Parker 2120
Ha, good for them, greedy bitch scammers!

Chris and his wife roped me into designing their landscape for their home up on the hill in La Jolla.

I assumed I would be doing their job, so I spent a ton of time drawing up their plans and meeting with them (which I NEVER do, unless I'm paid a retainer up front).

And guess what, they had someone else do the job - and use the plans I trusted them with.

What did I get out of it? A BIG fat ZERO, not even a free ride on their (shitty) boat.

Enjoy your time in lockup and remember - karma's a bitch!
images-6.jpeg

thats shittyt. trusting other people is a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.