Not open for further replies.

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
You were part of that previous thread. General thought was that the boat popped a plank. Once the boat refloated, we all knew there would be an investigation.

Yes, I was. What is your point?

I said unless posters had facts, there would be no speculation. I never guessed on what the cause was, but I did make it clear that any post that was pure speculation would be deleted.

The facts are in, so have at it. All I know is this, there are many lives that will be affected by this stupid illegal act, most are innocent. Kids, wives, business partners, deck crews......

If not allowing a lynch mob to develop on the original is a bad thing, then I have no problem being a bad guy.

jimm

Jul 31, 2003
North San Diego County
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
none
Dirt bags! Wonderful fishing vessel. That boat could jig albacore like no other except maybe the Pronto. Karma has come their way!

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
Name
Dave
Boat
Kayak
I'll admit it. I was wrong. I worked with them for a little while and put my trust in them.
Glad no one was hurt.
3 successful boats (2 fishing and 1 whale watching). Would love to hear the story of why.

Reactions: sealskinner

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Man, went from having a decent career and life to looking at Terminal Island, huge fines and maybe never ever being able to possess a skippers license again, ever.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Reactions: titan05

J.AkuHed

Jul 5, 2003
Temecula
Visit site
Name
Jim
Boat
Your boat!
Wow, so sad! After a couple of great seasons, wonder what went so desperately wrong they had to stoop to this?

Brad I

Common Sense Isn't Common Enough
Jun 20, 2015
San Fernando Valley
Name
Brad I
Boat
Nope
Wow, so sad! After a couple of great seasons, wonder what went so desperately wrong they had to stoop to this?
We're probably all curious.

But if someone is capable of making a decision like this, they are also capable of making bad decisions elsewhere, and might have needed the money to help deal with other bad decisions.

JohnnieB

SelFishAddiction
May 16, 2016
HereandThere
Name
JB
Boat
Unknown limits
Ya pretty sure their coast guard lic. is revoked indefinitely. as co owner in the Eclipse I wonder what the ripple effects are going to be?

Vigilant32

BightPatrol
Nov 9, 2004
Name
G
Boat
They are not the first and won't be the last to dump a vessel. They are the fools that got caught at an age old game.

Reactions: wii888lo and marlyn

Yolo

Outcasts
May 30, 2006
San Diego
www.sandiegofishingclub.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Relentless
As several of you have mentioned, this is a real shame, sad. It seems that the entire environment at that Landing has gone downhill over the years. Only thing they have going for them is its easier to park. This year and moving forward, unless I am going on a 3/4 day I am going to just learn to deal with the Point Loma parking situation. What a waste.

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
As several of you have mentioned, this is a real shame, sad. It seems that the entire environment at that Landing has gone downhill over the years. Only thing they have going for them is its easier to park. This year and moving forward, unless I am going on a 3/4 day I am going to just learn to deal with the Point Loma parking situation. What a shame

I agree its a stupid move and the ones affected most had nothing to do with it.

I don't ride sportboats often but have been on a few from time to time from that landing. I wouldn't lump all boats the same from Seaforth because one owner sank a boat though. Sounds like you had problems with others there?

Me, I haven't had any problems there

Last edited:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Wow...went from having a license to maybe making license plates.
Not quite a lateral move career wise
its So Sad, because I Have Fished with Chris when
He was a Deck Hand on a Couple of Boat
and though he was a Straight up Guy
and always Polite at the Shows, he though Life Was tuff
before, the Path he has taking now is
Going to Be a lot Worst , he might even Get
to meet Bubba . and Don't drop the Soap.

4Bigeye2na

Jan 7, 2015
Name
Ed
Boat
Searay
Bad for all of us. The legit sportboat owners are all going to be facing higher insurance costs, after last years incidents. Which will get passed down to guess who?

Reactions: One_Leg

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
Sometimes good people make bad decisions.

They obviously didn't think this through...unlike my douchebag neighbor who owns an HVAC company..he mysteriously has a flood about every 2 years in some part of his house (the part that hasn't been remodeled yet) via broken pipe, carpet cleaning guy left water running etc...his entire house is almost brand new now..remodeling each portion of his house, one flood insurance claim at a time.

Last edited:

C-4 Fishing

Feb 4, 2014
Name
Dave
Boat
Kayak
Feel bad for the guys that have days left from those purchased package deals. If they are broke enough to do something like this then they probably don't have enough $$$ to run their trip.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Sad the spot these guys put themselves in. Made a very bad decision. Now everybody know's they are going to prison. Because they have to sell. They won't get shit for their boats. Somebody will get a bargain.

Otis2527

Feb 23, 2014
Name
Matt
Boat
Excel
As several of you have mentioned, this is a real shame, sad. It seems that the entire environment at that Landing has gone downhill over the years. Only thing they have going for them is its easier to park. This year and moving forward, unless I am going on a 3/4 day I am going to just learn to deal with the Point Loma parking situation. What a waste.
I would be hesitant to lump Seaforth and the other boats in the same category as these two guys. There are many hard working guys and boat owners at Seaforth IMHO.

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
Wellllllll shit.
My wife and I have a trip scheduled with them on the 10th. I wonder if they can fish until the sentencing? I may have to call the landing and see if they know what's up and then file a claim with my credit card company to get my money back.

I have fished with Mark and Chris and always had a great time. Bummer to hear the news.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Wow,im saddened by this.I was on the boat a little before this happened when josh was running it and the deckie was telling me they were trying to sell but were way upside down after the refit and no one was interested at the price they needed.That old boat just didnt want to go to the bottom i guess.

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Wether they file fraud charges or not, this is going to cost them a bundle, just to defend themselves. So, so desperate and so very stupid. Most definitely, their sportboat reputations and lively hood are completely over. Beside, I think the only insurance they possible get now, would be from the "Lloyd's of London" if even there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.