I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Hi Guys,

we all have seen the normal shoes/boots that everyone wears.

so while at a kid's bday party i saw a friends kid wear some chucks looking "plastic" shoes so i asked him what brand.

Well i got myself a pair. they are made of the same stuff as crocks but look a lot better. :) pretty comfy but they run a bit narrow

so just passing it on.

Native shoes :) looks are ehhh but they are comfy 25-40 bucks on amazon.

3179357-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Thanks for the tip. I've tried various types of "water sports" shoes, and the downside for me is they always get wet and then my feet get really cold. I bought a pair of the new design XTRATUF short blue boots at the Fred Hall Show and will be trying them out this next weekend. For over a decade the tall brown XTRATUF boots have given me excellent service, but they are getting hard for me to pull them on and off.

Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    I love my new xtratuff shorties but if in fishing in really warm weather I wear the Columbia boat shoes. Really good support and they last forever.

Upvote 0

Fleet

Thepowderblues.com
    May 17, 2015
    Solana Beach
    Name
    Fishing Jedi
    Boat
    BW Outrage/RHFleet.org
    Smoking hot in the summer i just wear Reef Fanning flips flops with gum soles. Fuck they have a bottle opener on the bottom of them. Cant beat that. Otherwise im wearing Gill low boots.

Upvote 0

knot keely

Aug 9, 2014
    The Bight
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Anderson 22 - Slingshot
    Teva makes some shoes for wakeskating that look like the illegitimate love child of a pair skate shoes and slice of swiss cheese.

Upvote 0

Shimano Penn

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Dec 3, 2014
    Chula Vista
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Fond Memory
    Hi Guys,

we all have seen the normal shoes/boots that everyone wears.

so while at a kid's bday party i saw a friends kid wear some chucks looking "plastic" shoes so i asked him what brand.

Well i got myself a pair. they are made of the same stuff as crocks but look a lot better. :) pretty comfy but they run a bit narrow

so just passing it on.

Native shoes :) looks are ehhh but they are comfy 25-40 bucks on amazon.

3179357-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

AND you get free birth control, what a deal ! LOL

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    I've been wearing Keen sandals for several years. It's usually warm enough to wear them, went with a thin polypropylene sock on the January 14 day to prevent blisters. Awesome! I picked up a pair of Croc sandals, too: Swiftwater Leather a Fisherman Sandal. Nice.

Upvote 0

gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 23, 2012
    los angeles
    Name
    Fishead
    Boat
    cash carrying ho
    Smoking hot in the summer i just wear Reef Fanning flips flops with gum soles. Fuck they have a bottle opener on the bottom of them. Cant beat that. Otherwise im wearing Gill low boots.
    I have the same pair too. After I had to stomp some fish my friend used it to open a beer lol. This is just another option

Upvote 0

Saponi73

Desert Fisherman
    Dec 27, 2015
    Phoenix,Az
    Name
    Drew
    Boat
    None
    Thanks for the tip. I've tried various types of "water sports" shoes, and the downside for me is they always get wet and then my feet get really cold. I bought a pair of the new design XTRATUF short blue boots at the Fred Hall Show and will be trying them out this next weekend. For over a decade the tall brown XTRATUF boots have given me excellent service, but they are getting hard for me to pull them on and off.
    My new shortie xtratuf were surprisingly tight. Better where those around the house for a day before hitting the deck.

Upvote 0

GClev

Newbie for Life
    Nov 21, 2015
    LA County
    Name
    Gary C
    Boat
    HMS Hotspur
    OluKai Nohea Mesh - slip-on or lace - lots of colors - large sizes for even Hawaiian or Somoan feet - built for wet action - removable washable foot bed - feel dry materials - built with a fold down heel that wears equally well as a slide - and yes, that's a fish hook in the tread pattern. I don't know style from shoe polish but even my gen X daughter says they are good looking. The price is more Tag than Timex.

Upvote 0

FlotillaKilla

Sep 11, 2011
    OC CA USA
    Name
    Nunyabiz
    Boat
    Maybe One Day
    A
    As our bellies get bigger, our feet get further

Upvote 0

DoubletroubleII

Fish On!
    Nov 18, 2008
    Placerville, CA
    Name
    Greg
    Boat
    19' Harbercraft
    OluKai Nohea Mesh - slip-on or lace - lots of colors - large sizes for even Hawaiian or Somoan feet - built for wet action - removable washable foot bed - feel dry materials - built with a fold down heel that wears equally well as a slide - and yes, that's a fish hook in the tread pattern. I don't know style from shoe polish but even my gen X daughter says they are good looking. The price is more Tag than Timex.

I like the look and they look like they would be comfortable. However I am looking at the sole and am curious as to the ability to be no slip, how do they do on a slim/blood covered deck?

Upvote 0