Come on gang holoholo....

Konakai

Nov 9, 2013
HI
Name
Dave
Boat
Kona Kai
Gosh the fishing postings have been thin.... Tattoos and sandbar boats... Gotta share the Mana!

When out last week, headed towards U, five lines in 5" slant heads to 7" jets,( pink/white, green/blue, pink/blue with bird) 2 miles from U all lines screamed. Saw rubbish floating Port side about 400 yards out, nobody around. Held onE bull on the STBD side and used a whitey popper to pull in the rest. Plent good fun! Ended up pulling 10 mahi and called it a early day. Saw choke mahi chasing malolo, the schools are definitely back. Da kine you look down and all see is blue backs of mahi.

Come on lawai‘a! I like hear ya fish stories!

Attachments

Surfdawg

Apr 4, 2013
Kailua
Name
Mike
Boat
Blackfin 29' Flybridge
Nice going Kona Kai!! Went out Wednesday on Kaneohe side and picked up 2 12-15lb Mahi around the U buoy. First mahi on a 7" on the port rigger and 2nd was on a 9" on the center rigger. Chased plenty of birds around but only 1 more strike but it didn't stick. Nice to be on the water even if it was a bit rough.

kslezzy

Aug 12, 2008
Oahu
Name
Chad
Boat
20' CC "Vixen"
Went out around the same area today and then made a run out near where "T" used to be... Caught a dozen rat aku and one shibi. Lots and lots of birds. Had a knockdown on a 9" matsu and something big crash my 7" futa that unbuttoned after 30 seconds. Had a 4-5' shark take one of my aku and ended up keeping my lure also...

Konakai

Nov 9, 2013
HI
Name
Dave
Boat
Kona Kai
Mahalo gang for sharing! Starting Thursday the winds are going down and so is the chop. Good luck Hanapa'a!

sgchun

Aug 19, 2012
pearl city
Name
Wally
Boat
Boomerang-17 currentline
Gosh the fishing postings have been thin.... Tattoos and sandbar boats... Gotta share the Mana!

When out last week, headed towards U, five lines in 5" slant heads to 7" jets,( pink/white, green/blue, pink/blue with bird) 2 miles from U all lines screamed. Saw rubbish floating Port side about 400 yards out, nobody around. Held onE bull on the STBD side and used a whitey popper to pull in the rest. Plent good fun! Ended up pulling 10 mahi and called it a early day. Saw choke mahi chasing malolo, the schools are definitely back. Da kine you look down and all see is blue backs of mahi.

Come on lawai‘a! I like hear ya fish stories!
Thanks for sharing the story. Happy to hear someone can hit a good day to go out. The good weather windows have been small and rarely on the weekends.

Reactions: kslezzy

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Dave and crew,
Good goin' on a nice catch and an early day, sweet.

Cheers
Pat

Latest posts