Dave's Delta

"No, we're not catching"
Apr 9, 2009
Auburn & Westport, WA.
Name
Dave
Boat
Looking for a Delta
I can't stop looking at these pics, brain is going 9,000 knots with ideas.

Reactions: PSULion

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Updates...

-transom is now on
-side air ventilation plates installed
-forward gunwales installed

5.jpg

The plywood floors pay tribute my trusty Hewes which this boat will replace.
3.jpg

8.jpg

Coldwater has a pretty slick ventilation system where they add a full-length plate on the inside of the gunwale that creates an air gap to allow circulation in/out of the bilge. The top of the ventilation plate remains 1" below the top of the gunwale and out of sight. The bilge will also include a heater/fan that I can flip on when on shore power to keep air circulating while away.
1.jpg
6.jpg

The focsle is also coming along nicely. Steps were added (head on right, coat & electronics closet on left)
2.jpg

Forward gunwales are on. 12" width, should be a safe & easy walk to the bow.
9.jpg

Last edited:

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Updates.

- pulpit and anchor lockers on
- offshore bracket on
- cockpit gunwales on
- lots and lots of welding
- Electronics package finalized
- interior/exterior colors finalized
- Diamond Sea Glaze windows and doors are ordered
- Bought the tender (Achilles LEX-88 hypalon + Yamaha F2.5)
- Purchased an awesome 48' slip at Skyline on the fuel dock pier, should have it in time for the 2/1 opener
- The boat show could not have come at a better time, lots to buy.

On to the pictures...

Cardboard templates for the freshwater sink (left) and helm (right), should see these in place fairly soon.

IMG_9755.JPG

cockpit gunwales are in. Will have two full-length trays and flip up jump seats on both sides. The jump seats are a change from the originally planned storage box seating and will free up more space on the deck.

IMG_9791.JPG

Last edited:

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
forward gunwales are sloped 1.5" to shed water outward instead of draining aft into the cockpit.
IMG_9793.JPG

Last edited:

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Pulpit and two independent lockers. Left will be a fishing anchor (danforth 20#, 600ft rope, 30ft chain). Right will be the overnight anchor (Rocna Vulcan 33#, 500ft rope, 50ft chain).

IMG_9900.JPG

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Here's an old photoshop of the exterior colors with the name I've chosen (named after my late grandmother). Will be wrapped in matte vinyl. The boat will be documented, so the state registration numbers likely will be removed to further declutter everything. Trying to keep colors as simple as possible -- less is better IMHO.

colors.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nineball

The Peddler

You should have been here yesterday!
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Looking awesome!

sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
Love the pics! I would suggest painting your anchor locker while it is open or figuring out a way to keep wet rope from sitting on bare aluminum. I had corrosion starting in mine after a year. Cleaning and painting it through my 12" access hole was not the most enjoyable experience. I cannot tell if yours will have a larger access hatch making the job easier.

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Love the pics! I would suggest painting your anchor locker while it is open or figuring out a way to keep wet rope from sitting on bare aluminum.
great idea, I'm not sure what Coldwater does up there but I should check. There's plenty of room to spray in there. Noted for the next visit!

Last edited: