FINATIC 21

MAD SALMON
Jul 20, 2010
Oly, WA
Name
Jay
Boat
27 Raydanie Pilothouse
The flotation foam quip was in jest, guess my delivery was too dry? Heck no I’m not doing foam.

This will be a salmon and bottom fish boat, with some extended cruising with family. No tuna. Will drive to coast and get on a charter if I wish to scratch that itch. Sorry to disappoint.

WHHHHAAAAAA ? No Tuna

And yer’ building a walk around Coldwater , I’m confused :confused:

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
I’m sooo confused? Why do you have a boat if your not TUNA fishing?? You don’t need a walk around to fish tuna.....

It’s like using a Lambo as a commuter?

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
did you get intermittent wipers ? i need to add those....and more rod holders.....
I bought three switches for my windshield wipers. They are the intermittent ones that allow me to use the 10L windshield fluid tank to be able to rinse the salt off of the windows.

Imtra switch
https://www.imtra.com/416e58e5-57b0-4721-b855-28de7cd4db6c/wipers-detail.htm

Imtra Tank
https://www.imtra.com/5764c870-714b-4abf-aa59-ca2e5957251c/wipers-detail.htm

If you wanna go Yacht Style
https://www.imtra.com/7d75f0d3-6b1e-48a8-b6a8-224f0885925f/wipers-detail.htm

For all of the toys for y'll to wish on:
https://www.imtra.com/wipers.htm

Reactions: TonyG

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Yes, doing interval wipers and freshwater tank. Great idea and @wdlfbio also suggested this. It’s now on the build sheet.

10 holders up top, 3 out the back for whiskey lines etc, and another 2-4 on the sides for nets/gaffs/rods. Plenty for a commuter.

Last edited:
Reactions: goatram

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Latest pictures from past few weeks. Lots going on, pictures are somewhat deceiving until boat is in one piece in a couple weeks. I got to walk around in the cabin area and get a sense of the overall space, sight lines and scale. Sure feels good.

Highlights:
  • Lots of formed parts now waiting for more welding and assembly. (400g fuel tank, fish hold, swim step wings, galley/dinette pieces)
  • head and sleeping quarters taking shape
  • forward dash bulkhead in place
  • Anchor locker roughed in
Up next:
  • weld stuff on roof
  • drop roof onto house (later this week)
  • drop house onto hull (in ~2 weeks)
  • cabin interior fabrication (galley, dinette, dash)
  • more fabrication/assembly in focsle (storage, head, closet)
next update should show the boat as one piece.

swim step wings ready to go:
IMG_9255.JPG

Port side head. 6'3" of clearance inside, it's the only spot on the boat where I will need to duck. Lots of room for the freshwater sink, vanity, shower, and toilet.
IMG_9288.JPG

Aft shot standing on the anchor locker. Three steps will transition between cabin and focsle floor:
IMG_9293.JPG

Shot of the forward bulkhead, dash starts there:
IMG_9296.JPG

side shot showing bulkheads, trunk will rest on top:
IMG_9300.JPG

The trunk (from last week):
IMG_9301.JPG

400gal baffled fuel tank:
IMG_9340.JPG

Trunk flipped and welded to cabin. Roof goes on this week:
IMG_9347.JPG
IMG_9348.JPG

Very happy with my purchase.

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
Not sure, but good thought. #48 WA had an oversized transom bait tank which this doesn’t. Noted for next week’s visit.

myott

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 11, 2011
Monroe/WA/USA
Name
Greg
Boat
Myott
re: genset's - I was planning to buy a portable Honda 1000 or 2000 generator and only pack it for the longer trips. Would plug it into the shore power so the hot water tank and microwave will run. Trying not to overthink/over-engineer this, though I'm admittedly new to cruising/overnighting.
If you go this route get the 2000,don't bother with the 1000

South Sounder

Skipper
Jun 12, 2011
South Sound/ WA/ USA
Name
Chris
Boat
South Sounder
Not sure, but good thought. #48 WA had an oversized transom bait tank which this doesn’t. Noted for next week’s visit.
I run a Coldwater with the transom bait tank. I wouldn't have one built without it. The amount of space it adds on the dance floor is incredible. Also that weight in the transom is a bonus. Not sure if you were thinking about a bait tank I haven't read all thousand replies yet but do it is possible.

hope this helps

-chris

Reactions: FVSerenity

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
I dropped off the Rod Holders for the boat gave a couple of extra. I did get asked about the Windshield Switches and the washer tank. With the Tongue in check was told to shut up and not make their (Brandon's) Life Difficult. My Name was on the list for him to ask questions of. I'm always willing to help a Fellow BDer. Brandon does a real bang up job of rigging and I understand the difficulty of trying to condense everything to a small chunk of the dash.

Looks good and I will continue to monitor it.

Reactions: TonyG

TonyG

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 19, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Name
Tony
Boat
NR Seahawk OS 26'; 20' Alumaweld Super Vee Sled
I dropped off the Rod Holders for the boat gave a couple of extra. I did get asked about the Windshield Switches and the washer tank. With the Tongue in check was told to shut up and not make their (Brandon's) Life Difficult. My Name was on the list for him to ask questions of. I'm always willing to help a Fellow BDer. Brandon does a real bang up job of rigging and I understand the difficulty of trying to condense everything to a small chunk of the dash.

Looks good and I will continue to monitor it.
Nice work dude.

PSULion

You only live once
Apr 9, 2019
Snohomish, WA
Name
Barry
Boat
Hewes, Coldwater
@South Sounder - thx, Karl's been a great resource and was the first owner I talked with after ordering. I've got a ton of pics of his to draw inspiration from. Feel free to PM me if you have more ideas as you captain #47, I've made a lot of tweaks based on thoughtful feedback from several on this forum. GL with your season.

@goatram - thx John, the rod holders look really nice. I counted 15, they will all go to use. 10 up top, 3 for whiskey lines, 2 for side net holders. I've learned the interval wipers are standard on a CW, the wiper tanks not so much. Brandon will find a spot, the customer always gets what they want. :)

@Genie Aye - I should be ready for your help with lighting in about 3 weeks once the boat is one piece. Looking forward to it.

South Sounder

Skipper
Jun 12, 2011
South Sound/ WA/ USA
Name
Chris
Boat
South Sounder
@South Sounder - thx, Karl's been a great resource and was the first owner I talked with after ordering. I've got a ton of pics of his to draw inspiration from. Feel free to PM me if you have more ideas as you captain #47, I've made a lot of tweaks based on thoughtful feedback from several on this forum. GL with your season.

@goatram - thx John, the rod holders look really nice. I counted 15, they will all go to use. 10 up top, 3 for whiskey lines, 2 for side net holders. I've learned the interval wipers are standard on a CW, the wiper tanks not so much. Brandon will find a spot, the customer always gets what they want. :)

@Genie Aye - I should be ready for your help with lighting in about 3 weeks once the boat is one piece. Looking forward to it.
I think the battery area could actually be a bit smaller and make a even bigger fish hold or two separate fish holds for smaller fish days so one side could be ice and other slurry. Karl is one amazing guy couldn’t be happier about my situation these last couple years running his boat.

Genie Aye

FISH BOSS
Sep 25, 2008
Renton/ Westport
Name
Cap't Paul
Boat
V-20 Wellcraft w/200HO E-TEC
Always up to help on battery/reserve power set up as well, preferably before you have battery placement decided/built.
I am up there middle of every week.