soopaflyjm1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 6, 2012
Las Vegas Nv Clark
Name
J Money
Boat
Reel Fun
I am so sick of sweating my ass off in bunk rooms. I swear my last trip the bunk room must have been 90 degrees. Which boats have cold ac down below?

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
I am so sick of sweating my ass off in bunk rooms. I swear my last trip the bunk room must have been 90 degrees. Which boats have cold ac down below?
The Red Rooster cabins are **always** cold.

Reactions: Warlord

surfgoose

active geezer
Jul 29, 2010
Long Beach, CA, USA
Name
Gary
Boat
whichever has the longest bunk
Stern sleeping area of CONDOR stays pretty cold. On one trip I had the upper bunk GG and the a/c vent was so strong that I had to go forward and get an extra blanket off of an unused bunk in the big forward bunk room.

I have found that the older boats and smaller boats have less efficient a/c systems. If you stick with the larger boats and medium-sized boats that have inside bathrooms, it seems to me that they usually have better a/c.

Professor

Dec 17, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Yale
Boat
32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
Tomahawk is really chilly

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I was just on the Fortune. If you get one of the lower forward bunks on the starboard side it is plenty cold. The AC discharge vent is right there. I think I had bunk #11 or #12.

Reactions: blowncar and MDC

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Just got off the Top Gun 80 last weekend when it was hotter than hell and the bunks were ICE COLD!

Reactions: Sawmill killer

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Coldest one i slept in was the stern bunkroom on the Pacific Queen.

Peg North

Peripatetic
May 22, 2009
West Sacramento CA
Name
"Buggywhip"
Boat
Slow Poke
On the Excalibur the room under the aft stairwell was freezing a few weeks ago. Perfect. Also the Success was always freezing in years past. Port bow room on the Searcher was so cold I wore my beanie to bed. Slept like a happy popsicle all week. When I started on albacore trips back when Lincoln was President, I fished the Legend and always chose the upper bunk near the stairs, for the fresh air. Couple times some spray came in. Salty!

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
The Intrepid has the coldest if you want. Last month when I was on their I had my room set to 58 degree's. Each room has their own thermostat and 58 is the lowest setting.

Reactions: SSUfish

rsees

Sep 15, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
Ron
Boat
Boatless in Santee
Old glory and outer limits. Outer Limits you could take ice cream in bunk room and it won't melt...

Reactions: Almud

Paul Ortiz

Sep 26, 2018
Truckee
Name
Paul
Boat
2000 Monterey Montura
Heading out on the Legend Thursday for a 2.5 day. Any feedback on the bunk rooms? Cold, bunk suggestions, assigned or first come first served?

Reactions: Peg North

T.Bui

I have no beliefs, I joined for the violence.
Feb 21, 2012
Castro Valley
Name
Bui
Boat
Warfighter
I was in the Pacific Islander last month. It was warm but I always bring a small battery powered clip-on fan with me on smaller boats. Of course, LR boats like the Excel or Searcher are always nice and cold. Last week I was in room 11 on the Searcher, top bunk in the left, vent points right to you... nice and cold.

Reactions: Peg North

Peg North

Peripatetic
May 22, 2009
West Sacramento CA
Name
"Buggywhip"
Boat
Slow Poke
Heading out on the Legend Thursday for a 2.5 day. Any feedback on the bunk rooms? Cold, bunk suggestions, assigned or first come first served?
it’s been a lot of years, but I preferred the top or middle bunks next to the stairs. Easy in/out and nice fresh air. That boat slides perfect in a stop. Don’t overlook dropping a bait in on the bow once the slide is over. Earl the Pearl taught me that one. Have fun!

Sawmill killer

Aug 11, 2015
Vancouver
Name
Steve
Boat
Zodiac
Top Gun 80 has excellent AC, Condor was ok, Pacific Queen was pretty decent in the main bunk room and cooler in the back, Tomahawk was too warm for my liking.

slixx1320

Jul 2, 2015
Name
Randy
Boat
NA
I was on the old glory few weeks ago and I wasn’t too thrilled with their AC system, if you can even call it that. The weather wasn’t hot so I’m guessing that’s why it was decent. Had the weather been hotter I would’ve hated it. I like it cold when I sleep and that trip I wasn’t comfortable. If anything, the entire crew was awesome though!!

MikeC.

Jun 22, 2019
Torrance, Ca
Name
Mike
Boat
none
this is one of the most important things I bring now pretty snall, works great, with battery or cord
E8B6AD01-1522-44B0-A176-B21BB812C9FD.jpeg

Last edited: