Coasties get paid

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by FVSerenity, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Captain Decent

Captain Decent Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    Bertram 31 “Fast n Loose” 18ft Starcraft Pontoon for the wimenz
    Ok, We've already shipped half our manufacturing to Mexico and the other half to China, now what?

plj46 likes this.
  2. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    Invest in education and infrastructure.

If we are expected to swallow healthcare for all, there damn well better be enough doctors and nurses.
    I dont want to wait in line because there arent enough doctors.
    If there was actually a SURPLUS of doctors and nurses, costs to consumers would be less

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    bparker1225 likes this.
  3. Barracuda1

Barracuda1 Master of None

Name:
    Fred
    Boat:
    Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
    Ok. But wtf does that have to do with my statement?? I agree with everything you just stated! except for the part where you somehow extrapolated that I'm ignorant of the situation. Go back. Read it again and remember, you don't know me.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  4. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Is winter over???

Rellis likes this.
  5. LJB

LJB Down Fur-Lined Avenue

Name:
    ain't no cunthead
    Boat:
    68 Bellboy
    Anyone feel the world can't handle the massive population, something has to give at some point. I guess were overdue for a huge pandemic of sorts...

Captain Decent likes this.
  6. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    It is possible for them to obtain a work permit to work here ! and that last paragraph about working together ? i think we tried that,it's called NAFTA.

7. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    Yes this is a global proble not a national one that can be solved with a wall.
    In 1970 when I graduated from High School the world population was 3.5 billion people.
    2019 The population is is 7.8 billion people. ( a billion seconds is 32years
    60x60x24x 365.25x32)

8. Odin7

Odin7 Odin7

Name:
    George
    Boat:
    Duckworth
    Fred, sorry if I misread. It was the comment about implying that retired fuckers have nothing better to do that set me off.

When I was a younger working man, I was too busy raising kids, remodeling a house and trying to be a decent husband when I wasn't gone 6-9 months of the year taking care of other people's problems to pay much attention to stuff like this thread.

My single greatest take away from the past few years as an adult student at the University of Washington is that the left is relentless. They aren't busy at their age working and raising a family like I was. A large number of this generation does not/has never had a job. They live off student loans or their parents. They use all this "extra" time being a different kind of warrior than I was at their age. They are organized, easily manipulated by the indoctrination process AND they vote.

They are indulged for their "wisdom", yet helped pass I-1639, which basically says, you are grown up enough to vote, but not grown up enough to have the responsibility of owning a particular firearm like the real grownups.

Bans on trapping, hunting cougars with hounds, "common sense gun laws", taxes for a train you will never ride and won't be a solution for your children, head tax proposals, tracking your whereabouts on the road and charging you for every mile you drive, tolling drivers in the city of Seattle, using cameras to fine people who enter an intersection and block it because the light turned red...

Some of these are a reality, some soon will be. And now Jerry Brown is teaming up with Jay Inslee to double down on this state?

All this = MONEY. Money for the children, providing services to the incoming homeless illegal aliens, the children, homeless-drug addicted Americans coming here from other places, the children, normalizing their mental health perspectives, the children... Did I mention that this money if for the children?

Many might argue that this discussion has no place on a fishing forum. These issues are at the very core of what everyone on this board holds near and dear.

Fred, I agree with you that I will never change anyone's mind who says we should open the boarders or fine/lock-up a lawful gun owner who's firearm is stolen from their home and used to commit a crime.

However, raising awareness and getting people off their asses to write their reps (I do) and vote NO on issues has a place here. Only about half of Washington citizens voted in this past election. VOILA! Initiative 1639.

The left leverages their social media. Is there another organization anyone knows of that collects more people with similar passion for the outdoors than this site?

I hate it that we are all having these discussions. If only the politicians behind the curtain shared the same interpretation of the meaning of "common sense" that I believe we do.

Maybe it is time for an #USTOO! movement?

Fred, sorry again that I misunderstood your intent. I'm just a crotchety old retired fucker!

Now that is settled, WILL SOMEONE ANSWER THAT DAMN PHONE?!

9. bparker1225

bparker1225 Ocean Addiction

Name:
    Bill Parker
    Boat:
    21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
    Not sure if you call a green card a work permit but the lack of migrant workers is having a significant effect on southwestern agriculture. One of the things that NAFTA has not done is supported the economic devevopment of other industries particularly in the latin countries other than Mexico which is where the majority asylum seekers are coming from. Short answer to a arduous complex issue.
    Suggest looking at rhe Marshall Plan!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  10. Captain Decent

Captain Decent Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ryan
    Boat:
    Bertram 31 “Fast n Loose” 18ft Starcraft Pontoon for the wimenz
    With tax payer money anything is possible.

G-Spot and Odin7 like this.
  11. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    or from the General Fund, LOL.

Odin7 likes this.
  12. Baby J

Baby J Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    23' Walkaround
    Who said this again?

“Those who enter the country illegally, and those who employ them, disrespect the rule of law and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law,“We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country.”

Titan likes this.
  13. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    A green card allows you to stay here and get a job legally !

14. One_Leg

One_Leg Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic

Name:
    Alan
    Boat:
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    The Reconquista will not be televised.