Coasties get paid

swami 805

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
You don't need to pay cash to hire illegals, they borrow someones SSI card, fill out an application with some bullshit and they're hired. Put them on regular payroll and that's it. No one checks anything and even if they do nothing happens to the employer. It's bullshit all the way down the line.
All the important shit just gets buried in this crap about walls,investigations or whatever other stupid "crisis" they come up with.
What made this country great?
Infastructure, roads,airports, bridges, railroads, all the stuff we use everyday that makes what we do possible.
Education- We used to give a crap, now kids get the short shank unless the y're rich or go into debt. How is it a teacher makes less than a garbage collector (no offense to garbage collects, love those guys)
Military- ok we spend a fortune on that but our veterans get jerked around big time.
I could go on but you get my drift, all our leaders could give a shit and just look out for their own self interest be it money, power,ego and getting their face on TV so they can get re-elected, that fat corporate board gig or on to some "consulting" job.
I guess it could get worse, I could live anywhere else but here.

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
Love or hate Trump or the Wall.....is rare to see a President so determined to complete a campaign promise. Many people voted for him in support of this and sure enough he is fighting to accomplish it.

I have no expertise to know if Wall a good idea of not.....but I’m certain the $59 billion on light rail in Seattle is an epic waste.

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Love or hate Trump or the Wall.....is rare to see a President so determined to complete a campaign promise. Many people voted for him in support of this and sure enough he is fighting to accomplish it.

I have no expertise to know if Wall a good idea of not.....but I’m certain the $59 billion on light rail in Seattle is an epic waste.
Nailed it.

Reactions: LJB

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Not really that easy, identity theft is more of a tweaker thief, scam artist situation over the Southern travelers. Most of them are straight illegal and don’t have fake papers, drivers license, or anything.... always lots of people willing to hire them and pay them cash... As a contractor I know many and many of them own businesses.... some of her showed up illegal and later became legit.... I was talking to a couple last week who own a local company.... Him and his brother paid a coyote $4500 each about 12 years ago to get shown the way through the desert..... came to Oregon and found a job working for a roofing company..... learned lots, saved lots, spent around $10k to get his work permit (green card), and now they own their own business.... I am friends with many Mexican brothers and I don’t blame them for wanting a better life, I ask them lots of questions and try to learn about their situation.... I could tell you lots of stories about many of them.... first hand real info....
nope... most of the human trafficking is done by/ with cartels. you have enough money and buy the premium package, you get papers too. meaning i.d. ssn, whatever you want. real identity theft is organized crime. the man my aunt married came here illegally. he's a good guy, hard worker, and loves her and us. but growing up i knew him with 3 or 4 different names. wasnt til after they were married and i was older i asked questions. he came here illegally, got fake i.d, etc and got a job. taught himself to read and write english, and while he loved my aunt, refused to marry her until he became a citizen on his own. he never wanted anyone to question his motives. he got his citizenship must be 20 years ago, then they married. he's one of the good ones, im glad he's here.

Reactions: jer dog

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
nope... most of the human trafficking is done by/ with cartels. you have enough money and buy the premium package, you get papers too. meaning i.d. ssn, whatever you want. real identity theft is organized crime. the man my aunt married came here illegally. he's a good guy, hard worker, and loves her and us. but growing up i knew him with 3 or 4 different names. wasnt til after they were married and i was older i asked questions. he came here illegally, got fake i.d, etc and got a job. taught himself to read and write english, and while he loved my aunt, refused to marry her until he became a citizen on his own. he never wanted anyone to question his motives. he got his citizenship must be 20 years ago, then they married. he's one of the good ones, im glad he's here.

Yes my friend told me about this... this is not the majority it is only a small percentage that can affor the $20k for the premium package....

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Not sure your definition of human trafficking, but many Coyotes have nothing to do with the cartel... I have know a couple who “knew the way” and every so often they would get deported, round up a half dozen people who would pay $3-$5k each and bring them back..... each time these guys got deported, they got a free ride home and made money bringing others back.... they would laugh, because they had been deported so many times and federal court they were banned from the US for 99 years, yet they were living here...

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Yes my friend told me about this... this is not the majority it is only a small percentage that can affor the $20k for the premium package....
5 1/2 years ago when I was Still working,
one guy told me his Brother had to pay $8.000.00,
to get smuggled here .

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
Education- We used to give a crap, now kids get the short shank unless the y're rich or go into debt. How is it a teacher makes less than a garbage collector (no offense to garbage collects, love those guys)

I guess your garbage collector makes some pretty good money. If you want to look up the salary of any teacher here in Washington State, go here:

http://data.kitsapsun.com/projects/wa-school/

My neighbor makes $173,445.00/year, his dog craps on my lawn and Johnny still can't read!

We need to change the title of this thread to: "The Airing of Grievances!"

nvanderdussen

Feb 3, 2006
Fountain Valley
Name
Nick Vander Dussen
Boat
19 1/2 foot Chaparral F

His campaign promise was that he was going to build a wall and Mexico was going to pay for the wall. I doubt anyone would care if he built a wall that Mexico paid for.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Since walking across the border is so easy, YOU should head to west Texas, and walk yo Mexico. Since it so easy, you should ba able to Male the round trip.

I can type stupid shit, too.
Ummm...... you cant show up here illegally, and 'get legit'.
There has never been a pathway for illegals to obtain citizenship.
You're misinformed.You can enter here illegally and obtain citizenship.I work with a kid that was brought here illegally by his mother 15 years ago.He's now a U.S. citizen and a hard working guy that went through proper channels to get where's he's at now.

Team Sency

Fish!! Or be Fished!!!
Jan 6, 2012
Black Diamond
Name
Chris
Boat
JuiceBox2
His campaign promise was that he was going to build a wall and Mexico was going to pay for the wall. I doubt anyone would care if he built a wall that Mexico paid for.

True! You are dead on. As of now He has failed at both.

I appreciate people trying to back up what they set out to do. We will see how this all comes out.

With 3 Mexico presidents being named as taking bribes.....I do believe Mexico has a great deal of culpability to this huge problem.

Reactions: Baby J

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Let’s not forget that most of the immigrants are not Mexican these days.... Mexico is doing better economically with some US company partnerships for jobs, tourism causing good construction stream for years, and some corruption cleaned up.

A bulk of the people hitting the border are From the several countries South of Mexico, not just the latest caravan, but for many years....

While in Cabo last month I read a story from a writer who joined under cover in the caravan for 3 days. They have big dreams of their future in the US. They feel god will take care of them. The Mexican cities don’t want them, they complain about the free food they received and left water bottles and garbage all over. The small towns were hiring busses to get rid of them, that is how they got across Mexico so fast.....

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
OK - I think we have the politics post covered. As usual, it starts out harmless enough......

Who wants to start a religious fervor post? We have a couple months to kill...........

Reactions: bdrlgion

Baby J

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
I was just Tboned while driving home from work last week by an illegal alien. Of course he had no car insurance but did have a Washington drivers license. My car is totaled and I’m stuck with a jacked up back and hand. So now I’m paying a $500 deductible for the car and my insurance company is giving me less than what it was worth. I’m paying a separate $200 deductible for uninsured motorist protection to get all my medical shit paid for. Any of you anti wall guys want to take care of this for me and come finish the winter projects I was doing so I’d be able to fish this halibut season? By the way he got off free and clear unless you count the citation he’s never going to pay.
Politics aside and just for clarification. If anyone doesn’t believe my story I’d be happy to send you a picture of the police report via private message. I know how pics or it didn’t happen goes.
Even though this guy screwed me over I will show him respect and not put his name all over the internet.
Regardless of anyone’s political beliefs this is a huge problem and a drain on our resources. I was very ill for a few years and was on dialysis for a long time until I got a kidney transplant. I personally witnessed the huge volume of people who come here illegally just to get medical care. Dialysis costs about $4,000 a week and some people go for many years. Then they take a kidney that an American citizen could have had because they get on the donor list just like anyone else. The transplant surgery is $700,000 and anti rejection drugs are $60,000 per year for life. Think about how many people have to pay taxes to pay for that. We are talking about hundreds of people just in our area and that’s just kidney disease. I have no issues with any race of people. This is just reality. Even if the wall keeps 5000 people out a year the ROI would be covered in less than a few years. It’s time for both sides to start looking out for us instead of themselves.

Reactions: plj46 and jbarto

Barracuda1

Master of None
Jul 7, 2011
All over this bitch!
Name
Fred
Boat
Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
I actually find alot of this thread entertaining & interesting LOL

The unknown fisherman:p:
I think some of these retired fuckers with nothing better to do should get involved beyond just the chatter on a fishing forum. The truth is, you will NEVER and I mean NEVER, EVER convince someone on the other side that you're right. The division is real and very deep. I've had these conversations for years until I realized that.

miaf

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
More terrorists get caught at the Northern Border than the Southern Border.
No BS.
The score is 41-6....A blowout
Anyone who thinks the wall is about stopping terrorist is very uninformed.

Odin7

Doug Fir
Apr 19, 2008
Beverly Hills
Name
Elizabeth Warning
Boat
Space Shuttle
I think some of these retired fuckers with nothing better to do should get involved beyond just the chatter on a fishing forum. The truth is, you will NEVER and I mean NEVER, EVER convince someone on the other side that you're right. The division is real and very deep. I've had these conversations for years until I realized that.
Maybe when you become a retired fucker, you will have time to think about how hard you worked to make this the place that is a beacon that draws others from around the world?

Maybe you might wonder why all the people running from their lands don't put skin into the game in their country like you did?

If things turned here, would you look for another country, or would you stand up and fight for the land where you were born? Would you protect the weak, the old and the young or would you run? If a man has the strength to travel two thousand miles to our border, he has the strength to fight the men he is running from.

I will NEVER abandon my country and have no respect for other men who do.

Fish_on!

Feb 17, 2015
Oly
Name
Ben
Boat
18' Super Vee
Maybe when you become a retired fucker, you will have time to think about how hard you worked to make this the place that is a beacon that draws others from around the world?

Maybe you might wonder why all the people running from their lands don't put skin into the game in their country like you did?

If things turned here, would you look for another country, or would you stand up and fight for the land where you were born? Would you protect the weak, the old and the young or would you run? If a man has the strength to travel two thousand miles to our border, he has the strength to fight the men he is running from.

I will NEVER abandon my country and have no respect for other men who do.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless you are native, you are blood of a man who has abandoned their country. Would you tell your great grand daddy he was a coward for choosing a better life? Pot meet kettle.

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Ronald Reagan: " I think the time has come that the United States and our neighbors, particularly our neighbor to the south, should have a better understanding and a better relationship than we’ve ever had....

Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit—and then while they’re working and earning here, they pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. And open the border both ways by understanding their problems"

The wall is the equivalent to playing the Super Bowl with our entire defense set on the one yard line. Agreeing with Reagan, let 's work with our neighbors to change their motivations to come here. Vibrant economies to the south benefit our own economy with stronger trading partners and will diminish the control of the cartels as people will have increased economic influence.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Ronald Reagan: " I think the time has come that the United States and our neighbors, particularly our neighbor to the south, should have a better understanding and a better relationship than we’ve ever had....

Rather than talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems? Make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit—and then while they’re working and earning here, they pay taxes here. And when they want to go back, they can go back. And open the border both ways by understanding their problems"

The wall is the equivalent to playing the Super Bowl with our entire defense set on the one yard line. Agreeing with Reagan, let 's work with our neighbors to change their motivations to come here. Vibrant economies to the south benefit our own economy with stronger trading partners and will diminish the control of the cartels as people will have increased economic influence.
The illegal’s come here to work, but they save , most of it to take it back across the border , to spend, more bang for there buck over there.

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unless you are native, you are blood of a man who has abandoned their country. Would you tell your great grand daddy he was a coward for choosing a better life? Pot meet kettle.
Here we go again. The old liberal guilt trip of something that happened a couple hundred years ago. Oh woe is me....I feel so guilty.