Coasties get paid

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by FVSerenity, Jan 16, 2019.

1. wils

wils lazy-ass well known "member"

Name:
    bill
    Boat:
    I hate boats
    as I understand this Bill, even the furloughed workers will be receiving their back pay. and Trump then signed the Bill. Now it will be easier for the fed workers to work with their landlords/mortgage lenders.

Note to remember: All (most?) mortgage lenders offer a one-time emergency/disaster grace period - as it is just an optional "favor" for them to do this, most folk don't know about it. Call your lender, explain the situation, and if you have never missed a payment they will work out a 1-3 month grace period that is then factored back into the following 12 payments. …..or at least they used to, anyway. I used this after the 1994 Northridge earthquake.
    Call your lender now and check it out BEFORE you need it. Then you will know for sure - yes or no and what their requirements are if they do provide this program.

2. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    At least you admitted a wall would keep some people from crossing illegally.Now head on out towards Jacumba and take a look at that big steel fence erected during a previous administration.Try to climb it and get back to us with your results.

Genie Aye likes this.
  3. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    The FACT both DHS and the WH have DELIBERATELY inflated the risk of drugs and terrorists walking across the southern border tells me this.... their DESIRE for a wall exceeds our NEED for a wall.

The obvious question to ask is this... How badly do we need a wall? Another way to ask this question would be... What is the REAL benefit of a wall?
    Terrorism?
    Most terrorists are caught at airports. The score isnt even close (No benefit from wall)
    Drugs?
    Most hard drugs are smuggled through ports, not walked across the desert. (Marginal benefit from wall)
    Illegal immigrants?
    Most illegal immigrants overstay visas. (Marginal benefit from wall)
    So at it's best, a wall would provide little change.
    Trump tweeted yesterday "end border crime now." Is he ill informed? Is he being disingenuous?
    I dont mind paying for a steak, but there better be a steak on that plate. I would not be happy to order a steak, pay for a steak, and really be served a HAMBERDER.

makairaa and FishPimpII like this.
  4. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    Alright we're getting somewhere now.You've admitted there could be a "marginal benefit" because of a wall.Have you tried to scale that fence yet ?

Chasin' Tail and Genie Aye like this.
  5. strackle99

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    A marginal benefit that ISNT WORTH THE COST.

The WH isnt selling 'marginal benefit.'
    They are lying to inflate the risk

makairaa and FishPimpII like this.
  6. strackle99

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    Since walking across the border is so easy, YOU should head to west Texas, and walk yo Mexico. Since it so easy, you should ba able to Male the round trip.

I can type stupid shit, too.

Genie Aye likes this.
  7. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    but the Wall would stop A Mother with a 2 year old
    with her , plus being 8 Months Pregnant and ready to
    Pop, on this side Of the Boarder, so she can have her Anchor
    Baby, that us Tax payers would have to Support ,
    for ever.

Odin7, jbarto and Genie Aye like this.
  8. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    If there was a real desire to end illegal immigration it would have been done long ago. Eliminate the jobs and you eliminate the incentive to come here. 5 billion would go a long way at enforcing existing laws. Make the penalties for hiring illegals draconian so the risk out weights the reward. Now there is virtually no risk at all. Then enforce it.
    The fact is no one really wants to end it do to an addiction to cheap labor. Taken in total there is a net benefit to our economy from illegal immigration. I'm sure there's a percentage that come here to get on the government gravey train but it's very small compared to the vast majority who come to work. Millions have taxes and SSI deducted from their checks that they'll never collect. The cheap labor is the back bone of many industries,they couldn't continue the way the operate without it.
    This whole thing is just a charade to whip up the masses. They'll go around and around, come up with some bullshit to keep the egg off their faces then back to the regular bullshit. Too bad they have to jerk around all those people who aren't getting paid.
    Think of it like the russia probe, bengazi,whitewater, JFK assination (or pick one) and all the other crap they whip up to keep us riled up while all the stupid boring stuff that really matters gets pushed off to the side.

calicoi and makairaa like this.
  9. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    please do yourself a favor and do a ride along with border patrol. your views will likely change after that. i have family that work the border, hands down the new fence albiet no a massive structure, is a major deter ant. it has reduced crossings by 95% in that area, and helps funnel the illegals into areas where resources can be directed to deal with them. its safer, and more effective use of boots on the ground.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ericwa285, wils, plj46 and 2 others like this.
  10. kindafishy

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    you know many illegals just get fake papers. fake i.d.s social security numbers,etc. or like what happened to my dad, somebody used his ssn and paid into it, but also got benifits from it, and even had a appendix surgery. my dad who had his appendix still intact, had medical records saying it was removed. identity theft and fake papers are easy to get.

11. richardp

richardp I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Richard
    Boat:
    2470 Pursuit 300 Yami
    You mean like transfer payments to things like Medicare and interest on debt will eat up every penny of taxation revenue by 2040? We wont do anything about the impending doom until it is too late.

Once you have gone to a ineptocracy is there a way to pull things back?

jbarto likes this.
  12. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Not really that easy, identity theft is more of a tweaker thief, scam artist situation over the Southern travelers. Most of them are straight illegal and don’t have fake papers, drivers license, or anything.... always lots of people willing to hire them and pay them cash... As a contractor I know many and many of them own businesses.... some of her showed up illegal and later became legit.... I was talking to a couple last week who own a local company.... Him and his brother paid a coyote $4500 each about 12 years ago to get shown the way through the desert..... came to Oregon and found a job working for a roofing company..... learned lots, saved lots, spent around $10k to get his work permit (green card), and now they own their own business.... I am friends with many Mexican brothers and I don’t blame them for wanting a better life, I ask them lots of questions and try to learn about their situation.... I could tell you lots of stories about many of them.... first hand real info....

13. strackle99

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    Ummm...... you cant show up here illegally, and 'get legit'.
    There has never been a pathway for illegals to obtain citizenship.
    Either you, or your friends are lying

14. Baby J

Baby J Member

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    23' Walkaround
    I was just Tboned while driving home from work last week by an illegal alien. Of course he had no car insurance but did have a Washington drivers license. My car is totaled and I’m stuck with a jacked up back and hand. So now I’m paying a $500 deductible for the car and my insurance company is giving me less than what it was worth. I’m paying a separate $200 deductible for uninsured motorist protection to get all my medical shit paid for. Any of you anti wall guys want to take care of this for me and come finish the winter projects I was doing so I’d be able to fish this halibut season? By the way he got off free and clear unless you count the citation he’s never going to pay.

wils, Captain Decent, plj46 and 2 others like this.
  15. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Well.... you are wrong..... first there have been a couple of different programs that would allow illegal aliens amnesty, my one friend has been here since he was 9, went to school here graduated from the local high school, owned a business (back when they let illegals have a license and bond..... he had been married to two different US citizens and has 5 kids.... actually got deported, came back got an immigration attorney and got his papers..... DACA.....

Secondly, the story I referenced above was told to me, and I trust what he said... he had no reason to lie to me. He also told me that if you have enough money you can almost always get a work permit, problem is most guys don’t have enough money. I don’t know what he wrote on his application or if he claimed DACA status or what....

He said you probably don’t realize, but a lot of time when someone is picked up on immigration charges around here they get sent up to Tacoma/Seattle area which is easier and less wait time than Ca. He said if you are arrested and have $20k ($10k for lawyer $10k for expedited application) you can be released with a work permit... I actually believe what he said... if you had been there you probably would too.... he is a very smart guy, legal, and a successful business. His work quality is superior to most.... He said he owed a lot to the grumpy white guy who taught him everything when he could barely speak English...

In the end, there is more to it than you believe...

16. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    You don't need to pay cash to hire illegals, they borrow someones SSI card, fill out an application with some bullshit and they're hired. Put them on regular payroll and that's it. No one checks anything and even if they do nothing happens to the employer. It's bullshit all the way down the line.
    All the important shit just gets buried in this crap about walls,investigations or whatever other stupid "crisis" they come up with.
    What made this country great?
    Infastructure, roads,airports, bridges, railroads, all the stuff we use everyday that makes what we do possible.
    Education- We used to give a crap, now kids get the short shank unless the y're rich or go into debt. How is it a teacher makes less than a garbage collector (no offense to garbage collects, love those guys)
    Military- ok we spend a fortune on that but our veterans get jerked around big time.
    I could go on but you get my drift, all our leaders could give a shit and just look out for their own self interest be it money, power,ego and getting their face on TV so they can get re-elected, that fat corporate board gig or on to some "consulting" job.
    I guess it could get worse, I could live anywhere else but here.

17. Team Sency

Team Sency Unleash the hounds!!

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    JuiceBox2
    Love or hate Trump or the Wall.....is rare to see a President so determined to complete a campaign promise. Many people voted for him in support of this and sure enough he is fighting to accomplish it.

I have no expertise to know if Wall a good idea of not.....but I’m certain the $59 billion on light rail in Seattle is an epic waste.

EZYGOING, Titan, Chasin' Tail and 5 others like this.
  18. Elkfins

Elkfins Ungrateful Prick

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    Nailed it.

LJB likes this.
  19. kindafishy

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    nope... most of the human trafficking is done by/ with cartels. you have enough money and buy the premium package, you get papers too. meaning i.d. ssn, whatever you want. real identity theft is organized crime. the man my aunt married came here illegally. he's a good guy, hard worker, and loves her and us. but growing up i knew him with 3 or 4 different names. wasnt til after they were married and i was older i asked questions. he came here illegally, got fake i.d, etc and got a job. taught himself to read and write english, and while he loved my aunt, refused to marry her until he became a citizen on his own. he never wanted anyone to question his motives. he got his citizenship must be 20 years ago, then they married. he's one of the good ones, im glad he's here.

jer dog likes this.
  20. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    in LA their Building A Bullet Train too no ware
    thanks Moon Beam.

makairaa likes this.