Coasties get paid

Discussion in 'Washington Fishing Reports' started by FVSerenity, Jan 16, 2019.

1. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    I wasn’t offended, I knew you weren’t referring to me but all the political posts:).

It wasn’t my intention to stir up the bd’ers, although it is always a lot of fun to get everyone riled up and watch the show:)

2. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    And how many tunnels have they found? Pangas on the beaches? Build a wall and they will find a way around or through it. We still should build it as it will slow the crossings down. Unfortunately as the posts in this thread prove, both sides have their heads so far up their own asses nothing will get done. The word compromise has become a bad word. You have to be blind to not see that at this point the dems really are blocking it because Trump wants it. The republicans are just as bad though. Mcconnell actually came out and said why would anyone want to work with someone who calls you a racist because you want the wall. I don't know, why would anyone want to work with a president who calls every opponent or person who disagrees with them names and demands they be investigated for the last 2 years. Kettle meet pot.

Rellis, nvanderdussen and bparker1225 like this.
  3. makairaa

makairaa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Philip Hunkins
    Boat:
    17 starcraft
    Since most of our prisons are overflowing with US citizens your crime argument makes little sense.

4. carrie's bait boy

carrie's bait boy 2 hulls are better than 1

Name:
    norm
    Boat:
    32x12 ACI Cat
    Jesus Christ, take this political bullshit back to Facebook where it belongs. I thought this site was for giving each other shit about our fishing skills or lack there of....

5. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    Well the freedom of the US that allows so many diverse opinions.... tunnels are typically used for smuggling and not for getting thousands and thousands of immigrants across the borders.... the random Panga is by far not the thousands coming across either....

As for McConnell’s and Pence’s statements they were pretty on point.... Pelosi called our border patrol agents Nazzi’s and accused them of gassing children..... as he said.... it is hard to work with someone who doesn’t seem to live in the same realm of reality.....

It is a giant shit show!

Odin7 and jbarto like this.
  6. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    I dont see those people on Fox, Inwonder why?

7. Mazu

Mazu Member

Name:
    Leif Jackson
    Boat:
    22' Sea Sport, "Mazu"
    Why are we blaming the democrats for the shutdown?

Trump gave the ultimatum. Before that, he said, "I will be proud to shut down the government... I will take the mantle... I won't blame you (Schumer/Pelosi/democrats) for it."

Since then, democrats proposed a budget with partial wall funding. Democrats proposed to separate homeland security from the main budget as a way to open government so that the two sides can work out border security without harming all the federal workers.

Now Trump is blaming the democrats for not being willing to compromise. Seems more like Trump values those federal workers less than he values getting his way so he can please his base.

How can you all watch him proudly state that he will own the shutdown, then stubbornly turn down the democrats' compromise offers, and then you believe him when he claims it's the democrats' fault for being stubborn?????

8. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    I don’t watch Fox.... :-)

wils likes this.
  9. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    no its just a anti trump thing....plenty of video evidence of the clintons, obama, chuck, fienstien and more. on the record saying something needs to be done.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    plj46, G-Spot and FVSerenity like this.
  10. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
  11. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Fake news made up by you... do you work for the liberal media?

There has been zero wall funding in any plan submitted by the dems.... in fact that is the huge sticking point.... Pelosi offered one dollar for fencing/wall...... that has been widely reported.... one dollar, so I guess I mis spoke above when I said zero...

skipjack likes this.
  12. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    Classic dem video, I guess they think no one remembers, lol
    Kinda like the pictures they showed of children in cages turned out to be fro the Obama era...

Genie Aye, plj46 and G-Spot like this.
  13. kindafishy

kindafishy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SCOTT
    Boat:
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    your post is misleading. while yes most in prison here are from here, according to the DOJ 26% are illegal aliens........yes 26%. that is a substantial
    number.
    https://cis.org/Huennekens/DOJ-26-Federal-Prisoners-Are-Aliens

and the cost per inmate in cal. is over 75,000 per year according to the la times.
    https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-prison-costs-20170604-htmlstory.html

and in 2016 there were 120,340 people incarcerated in cal. for at least a year sentence (lesser sentences not included)
    https://patch.com/california/gilroy/californias-prison-statistics-how-golden-state-stacks

so a little math puts housing these inmates JUST IN CALIFORNIA AT............WAIT FOR IT.......................$2,346,747,000.00 PER YEAR......JUST IN CAL. GET RID OF THEM AND THAT WALL IS PAID FOR IN 2.5 YEARS.

CANT ARGUE WITH THE FACTS.

skipjack, Genie Aye, Odin7 and 3 others like this.
  14. Phish'n Phool

Phish'n Phool Member

Name:
    Par
    Boat:
    Grady White Marlin
    I don’t have a dog in the fight other than we’re all f’d. This country is so divided that our fishing forums are even being hijacked by this BS. However this is an Interesting argument between the Cali crew, who are actually living the realities of the border, and the PNW BDers. At the end of the day, we all know $5B is not buying us shit for a wall. We’re talking about the feds here. We’ll be lucky get 200ft of wall for that price tag. Trump knows it too. It’s a pissing match and lots of innocent people can’t pay their bills as a result. Spend the $5B on hiring more agents and securing the ports. Put some $$ towards immigration courts to move asylum cases and screening of the god/bad through faster. No matter what you do, people from all over the world will come to the US, just like your ancestors.

15. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Apparently you didn’t read others points and opinions..... others offered the opinion above that the $5b was too much and equaled about $800 a foot and offered the idea of the Arrmy Core of Engineers building it.....

Likewise adding funding to the ports and immigration courts will do nothing to stop the people walking through the desert and landing here to immediately go on social services bankrupting the country.....

Why are we all so divided? Reasons like this.... you think the wall can’t be built for the money, the next guy thinks the wall can be built easily and is over funded. One guy things we need a wall, you think like the dems and we need to spend it elsewhere..... that’s why we are divided.... watch the video above and truly understand how the dems have always wanted to shit down the border and preach about how much illegal immigration costs us..... until they decided they hated Trump more than making progress....

16. strackle99

strackle99 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Todd
    Boat:
    The one on the fish
    I am just saying I haven't seen happy people on any network.

Considering our contrarian politics, one side should be happy, right?

makairaa likes this.
  17. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    I don’t have to see them on any network, and frankly I don’t need too.. common sense says almost anyone would like a month off of they knew guaranteed they were going to get paid for it...... They past a bill guaranteeing all federal employees full back pay.... any hype beyond that that they somehow are so miserable and poor when they make good ass money to begin with and they are getting fully reimbursed. Let’s say you go to work tomorrow and your boss tells you your not allowed to come in for a month, but you will get full pay and benefits while you’re away..... just one catch you won’t get paid until you come back.....

Federal employees have a bad enough wrap for receiving relatively high wages for their jobs, the last thing they want to overly publicize is a month paid for not working.....

If you are so blind that you can’t see they are not that miserable, then it just goes to show why there is such divide in this country, because I personally can’t see your version being real in any way.... If they have no savings, no credit and are that financially mismanaged on a nice federal salary...... well..... you can’t fix stupid!

18. DH10

DH10 Member

Name:
    Dave Harper
    Boat:
    17 Crestliner
    Actually.....Federal salaries for professional and scientific positions are considerably lower than the private sector. A major attraction was the stability and the benefits, which are degraded with each passing year. Something like 30% of federal employees, and a higher percentage of scientists and professionals, are within 5 years of retirement. Many retire early and/or switch to the private sector to make more $$$$.

With all the bs, the question is: what kind of employee is going to be recruited in the future?

Barracuda1 likes this.
  19. G-Spot

G-Spot Captain

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    Actually that is a fallacy that is spread by labor unions and government employees. It’s based upon job titles only and not actual qualifications. Many government state and federal employees lack the proper qualifications for private sector. The minimum qualifications for federal jobs are easier than private and allow a career path where a person in a high level position without the same education and training that would be required by private sector. When I got out of the Army I used my military hiring preference and held multiple positions for 11 years (DOJ, DHS, department of Consumer and Business Services). The lame ass people used to claim “if I was in private sector” yet they were dead weight and frankly no one would higher them in private sector.

The government will have no problem recruiting after this.... really?!? Always people looking for jobs!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  20. FVSerenity

FVSerenity Captain

Name:
    Rod
    Boat:
    I’d take a free 30 day paid vacation but the need to move the disagreement to like July!

I think that the division has always been there but conservatives were more likely just to keep their mouth shut and get along. In the era of trump they suddenly feel like it’s ok to voice your opinion because you are not alone. It’s ok to say merry Christmas and to hell with PC.