beerman1

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 14, 2014
OC
Name
eric
Boat
triumph 17 CC
Me and my BIL fished the close shoe today. Decent Sandbass fishing ( maybe 12 fish)... zero Calis and no shorts. Problem is neither of us like to eat SB. We did catch several sand dabs ( from 100- 140 ft).. I haven’t eaten one since I was a kid, but I remember them being delicious. I’m thinking of targeting them for dinner next time ... and yes, I dropped one down with a hook in it in hope of a halibut . Didn’t happen. Very few boats in the water, stunningly beautiful day. Glad we went, get out there!

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
Sounds like a great day to me.
I hope to replicate tomorrow.
You're post about beautiful day sealed the deal.

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
Me and my BIL fished the close shoe today. Decent Sandbass fishing ( maybe 12 fish)... zero Calis and no shorts. Problem is neither of us like to eat SB. We did catch several sand dabs ( from 100- 140 ft).. I haven’t eaten one since I was a kid, but I remember them being delicious. I’m thinking of targeting them for dinner next time ... and yes, I dropped one down with a hook in it in hope of a halibut . Didn’t happen. Very few boats in the water, stunningly beautiful day. Glad we went, get out there!
halibut will eat a sand dab?