Vibora

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 18, 2011
Murrieta
Name
Adam
Boat
Yes
I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the reminder.

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
Oct 19, 2012
California
Name
Shewillbemine
Boat
Chips N Guac
I've seen a lot of aggressive or ignorant wave runner users (usually because they're rookies).

But I've also had the pleasure of towing a couple in after both their motors knocked out on the water. I was one of only 2 boats out there so I'm glad they flagged me down when they did.

Reactions: One_Leg

Sdchronix

Alpine Beer Fishing Team
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
Hooked Up Boat Club - Parker 2320
Funny, I saw this close call today. It was at the fuel dock in the big bay. Some moron came flying out and almost got crushed. I don't even need to hear the story.
this legitimately happens 9 out of 10 times I am at that fuel dock, usually with the police/coast guard right there on the dock.

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Wave runners are the entitled motorcycle riders of the seas.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Since you never know if the operator of the pwc is the owner or a renter. You have to assume these people have no experience operating one. I had one stupid fucker almost run into the side of my boat. When he saw how close he got. He instantly turned white. Jumping another boats wake doing 50 mph.

Last edited:

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
That's nothing. A month or so ago we saw a guy in a pontoon rental blasting through boat wakes and laying rail at what had to be 30 mph in 2-4' windswell outside of Mission. I honestly didn't know those things could go as fast as he was going. He literally was driving it like he was trying to flip it, with what I assume was his entire family on-board.

uriast

Dec 13, 2005
w.covina
Name
tony
Boat
262 skipjack
So close ,it chopped his finger off as he was posting this.

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat
.--.
Years ago I had one of our boats totaled by a SeaDoo. Actually just a moment before the 8&10 yr old riders had bailed off and their SeaDoo slammed into our stbd bow as it skipped across the water. The kids had done a 180 at speed right in front of us and came back at us. Seemingly realized they had no time to turn or stop. Combined speeds of 80-90 mph. Not good. Most amazingly there were no injuries.