Clipperton atoll trip question.

BeachedBeaver

Apr 25, 2019
Socal
Name
Kenny
Boat
No boat.
Is there any fishing trips that leave from puerto vallarta or colima? I'd like to fish the Clipperton atoll but its damn near impossible to get one of the $8000 Royal Polaris trips since they are sold out and there's a long waiting list.

BlueFinGrin

Bad Things Happen On Big Fish...
Apr 8, 2006
Blue Marble
Name
Grinner
Boat
A Big One - That Floats
None of the San Diego long range fleet currently runs out of PV or Colima to fish the atoll. The French Govt. has made accessing Clipperton far more restrictive and unaccessible than ever before. The majority of the SD Fleet simply won't run there because of these hassles. The trip that was scheduled for this year (2020) got canceled suddenly... and very little talk as to the true reason for the cancellation has ever surfaced. Keep your hopes up... you'd be surprised how that "long" waiting list sometimes works in your favor. Definitely would make this trip again if the Excel, Indy, Intrepid and others scheduled it.

Last edited:

BeachedBeaver

Apr 25, 2019
Socal
Name
Kenny
Boat
No boat.
yeah I figured SD was out of the picture. I was wondering if some type of charter ran out of mexico like PV, colima, or Acapulco 🤷‍♂️ would be nice.

BlueFinGrin

Bad Things Happen On Big Fish...
Apr 8, 2006
Blue Marble
Name
Grinner
Boat
A Big One - That Floats
yeah I figured SD was out of the picture. I was wondering if some type of charter ran out of mexico like PV, colima, or Acapulco 🤷‍♂️ would be nice.
No way on earth would I ever consider fishing Clipperton outside of one of the SD long range boats. These guys have tons/years of experience down there... and if things go sideways while you're at the atoll, rest assured that you'll get home safely and intact with them. On the other hand, perhaps if the French Navy was looking for a few hard-core blue water anglers to vet the conditions of their overseas state private property... I'd certainly take 'em up on the offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: karlk1125

ShadBurke

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
I’m glad I knocked this off my bucket list 15 yrs ago. Definitely a once in a lifetime trip. Walked the atoll, snorkeled and took the jackpot fish....

ZZZZZ

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
I don't think so. Go if you can

Stoked crossed it off the bucket list also. In 2005 on a 22/15 day RP trip. Fly down to PV and fly back from Cabo options